NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's people in this thread who needs to read this cause they believe football > family.

EYE won't @ them though.
It's really sad that people think that way. Sadly maybe watching football is to them and posting on NT is what playing football is to Tom or any other addiction is to someone else.

D7291AAC-1A61-4681-ACBB-782BA112B66F.jpeg

You ruthless :lol: :smh:

I don't think it's even about loving football or not loving family enough, I think a lot of men (and women) are afraid of retirement. The fear of what do I do with my free time?

My dad retired in July and is loving every bit of it. Waking up whenever, find new hobbies, learning new things. My mom on the other hand was supposed to retire this month, but has pushed it to January, maybe later. The excuse of making sure she has even position on her team filled or not leaving without her replacement hired and fully trained or some other none factor. I talked with her extensively and she told me her fear was just not knowing what to do with life without deadlines, meetings and the feeling of being needed everyday.
Agreed for us regular folk and low profile pro athletes but I don’t think “what’s next?” fears apply to Brady. He has $375 mil waiting for him in the broadcasting booth. I’m sure he could go coach, join a FO in a consultant role, etc… We are talking about the widely regarded GOAT QB here. He will have plenty opportunity to stay close to football when his playing days are done.

The man simply loves the game. At his age it takes more commitment in the offseason to prepare. It has clearly taken him away from his family. At least to the point where his wife wanted him around more for the kids.

Neither side is wrong for wanting what they want. YOLO. Though you’d think the most accomplished QB ever at 45 y/o would walk away if it meant keeping his family together.

Damn G, arent you a teacher?

DyaHfgGX4AA8Prt.jpg

giphy (6).gif

End of the day I'm just a state employee that can and will be replaced if need be. I'm in it for the benefits, get my student debt wiped away, weekends and summers off while still making 70k a year.

I can also trade while I teach (I teach computer science). I teach AP so like the vast majority of my kids are self-sufficient they just need me to debug issues they run into on projects.

I spend more time on NT than lecturing.

Last edited:
I actually do feel bad for Brady/Gisele. It's too bad whatever has happened that they don't get to enjoy retirement together. They seemed like a good duo.

Granted, he's likely to have a 26 year old by his side in a week or so, but they seemed like a good fit together and she got tired of waiting. That's tough.

I actually do feel bad for Brady/Gisele. It's too bad whatever has happened that they don't get to enjoy retirement together. They seemed like a good duo.

Granted, he's likely to have a 26 year old by his side in a week or so, but they seemed like a good fit together and she got tired of waiting. That's tough.
If Brady comes out with a new chick within a year he'd be a wild boy :lol:

Family stuff, that sucks. Hope they remain civil for the kids, theres already a settlement in place so it doesnt seem itll get messy. The media will do their best tho. Wishing the best for them.

Football wise, cant wait to see him go down in flames 🔥🔥 fk tom brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom