NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say though wash Dline was getting good pressure and hits on kirk throughout the game. Kirk hang in there and connected on some good throws while taking the hits but their Dline is def legit and kept them in the game

And they didn't have Chase in there either. Definitely a strong group up front.

Just flew back in from NYC. Enjoyed Metlife. Did not
enjoy the game as much. But we’ll be fine. Still on top of the AFC.
Sat right by the tunnel.
F01ECC45-0232-4AAE-9E53-F1E8E9666E77.jpeg

A958B8C2-1104-4534-B2E0-18B469DFF105.jpeg

I want Lamar to leave the Ravens and get his bag elsewhere.

Why is that? Because they didn't pay him last offseason? Lack of top notch receivers? The secondary not doing the team any favors at certain points?

Oronde Gadsden was super nice. Lots of "ifs" though. If he didn't waste his early years in Arena Football and if he had a QB other than Fiedler on the roof.
Brandon Marshall and Chris Chambers had some good years for them but yea they haven't really had the crazy talent at WR that a lot of teams have had.

I guess you can mention Landry too since he was consistent for a little while

Why is that? Because they didn't pay him last offseason? Lack of top notch receivers? The secondary not doing the team any favors at certain points?

1. They didn't pay him last off season which was ridiculous. The price is the price and you aren't getting a hometown discount.

2. The offense especially those receivers are not up to par. Look at what Tua is doing with Reek. Lamar needs weapons more than he has. He can make the throws.

Yeah he's been burned a couple times but as far as afraid of contact i can't agree there. He plays pretty physical for a guy his size, imo. Dude is a blanket tho. His future looks bright to me.

Then again i did say Chad Pennington was gonna get us a ring :lol:

And what the **** is Irsay talkin about ? :rofl:
Maybe I want him to be a lot more physical.

Look at his next game ... dude always seems to be close to the action but never in the action. He also does a lot of holding and PI and gets away with it.

I like his attitude, it fits NY but I have yet to be all in. However, I'm more concern about Zack Wilson .... I hope he gets better and I hope he is not the main reason why Mimms and Moore are disgruntled. They are play makers .... love Hall and Carter in the backfield and overall I think we have something.

1. They didn't pay him last off season which was ridiculous. The price is the price and you aren't getting a hometown discount.

2. The offense especially those receivers are not up to par. Look at what Tua is doing with Reek. Lamar needs weapons more than he has. He can make the throws.

Those are fair points.

Someone in here can correct me but I think the "issue" with the salary negotiations came down do guarantee (and probably years) which is pretty significant.

You can't really compare Tua and Lamar's offensive weapon situation. Tua is still on his rookie deal as is Waddle so they could afford to pay Tyreek Hill $30MM per. Lamar already has a cap hit double Miami's highest player.

Also - while his offensive weapons may be limited, Greg Roman has literally designed the entire offense around maximizing Lamar's skills and talents. He also won an MVP, is breaking all sorts of records and is 43-15 (0.741) in this Ravens offense that was designed around him. Put him on a different team that runs more "traditional" schemes with a large contract that limits personnel moves and I just don't know, man. Injuries have been a ***** for Baltimore the last season and this one too.

Those are fair points.

Someone in here can correct me but I think the "issue" with the salary negotiations came down do guarantee (and probably years) which is pretty significant.

You can't really compare Tua and Lamar's offensive weapon situation. Tua is still on his rookie deal as is Waddle so they could afford to pay Tyreek Hill $30MM per. Lamar already has a cap hit double Miami's highest player.

Also - while his offensive weapons may be limited, Greg Roman has literally designed the entire offense around maximizing Lamar's skills and talents. He also won an MVP, is breaking all sorts of records and is 43-15 (0.741) in this Ravens offense that was designed around him. Put him on a different team that runs more "traditional" schemes with a large contract that limits personnel moves and I just don't know, man. Injuries have been a ***** for Baltimore the last season and this
I think Lamar would do great in any offense. He can make all of the throws and is an effective passer. I hate the Ravens offense because it too heavily relies on Lamar to be superman every game not to mention I don't like him running that often and taking the hits he takes. The Ravens built the offense around him out of necessity. Even under his rookie deal where were the weapons?

Brandon Marshall and Chris Chambers had some good years for them but yea they haven't really had the crazy talent at WR that a lot of teams have had.

I guess you can mention Landry too since he was consistent for a little while

man i remember Chris Chambers...dude was a menace to play against. he was good

Yeah Chris Chambers was dope.

Those are fair points.

Also - while his offensive weapons may be limited, Greg Roman has literally designed the entire offense around maximizing Lamar's skills and talents. He also won an MVP, is breaking all sorts of records and is 43-15 (0.741) in this Ravens offense that was designed around him. Put him on a different team that runs more "traditional" schemes with a large contract that limits personnel moves and I just don't know, man. Injuries have been a ***** for Baltimore the last season and this one too.

Injuries been so annoying the last 2 years for Bmore

I think Lamar would do great in any offense. He can make all of the throws and is an effective passer. I hate the Ravens offense because it too heavily relies on Lamar to be superman every game not to mention I don't like him running that often and taking the hits he takes. The Ravens built the offense around him out of necessity. Even under his rookie deal where were the weapons?

I can see all of that. In terms of throwing, I think the OL could do a better job protecting. If you watched that Saints game he had to make the Superman escapes because that pocket was collapsing so damn quick. Improving in that area would go a long way, even with the current skill position personnel.

As for weapons during his rookie deal - there weren't really any but to be fair that has never really been Baltimore's MO, for better or worse.

I forgot the total details of his situation - is he free to go anywhere this summer or can he get franchised (now THAT would be grimey)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom