NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, that’s wild. Just goes to show you how precarious life is man.

Hope buddy can pull through this with minimal long term damage so he can live a full, healthy life.

This guy literally explained exactly what happened 2 hours ago and we still have people running with conspiracy theories.

This is just some very bad luck, it's essentially like catching lightning in a bottle. There had to be a perfect storm of things to happen and he had to be hot hard enough in a specific spot in a very specific time for this to occur. Sheesh. Still praying for him.

They would never do it. But it would make sense to pause the season.

Beyond this Bills Bengals game. I don’t know how guys from any team can go out there and try to treat it like it’s business as usual this weekend. This is a league where big hits have historically been glorified. I don’t know how anyone can go out there and play the game knowing what just happened. Like guys have gotten hurt before, there’s been serious career ending injures. But nothing of this magnitude in our lifetime.

I know there’s the hit which paralyzed Darryl Stingley in the 70’s during a preseason game which is brutal and horrific even thinking of. There’s minimal footage of that, and the only footage there is is extremely grainy. But seeing this happen tonight, that **** hurt to watch. That’s someone’s son. These players are human. Like we watch football every Sunday. I’m watching the 49ers Raiders game yesterday and hoping the 49ers defense put some mean hits on the Raiders players. I feel bad for even thinking that way knowing someone can potentially get seriously hurt on one of those hits.

I really hope he pulls through, makes a recovery and is able to live a normal life.

As someone who has only really started following the NFL in recent years i'm very surprised to hear there haven't been more instances of this given the nature of the game.

Troy is just a puppet for the owners, the same ppl that was against taking a knee… but they are cool with selling a SnapBack, that says inspire change… F outta here

The leagues will act like they care but only to the point of it not effecting their money. I’m sure if it weren’t for the immense amount of public backlash they would’ve faced for continuing the game they would’ve made those players keep playing. Let’s not forget we watched George Floyd murdered in cold blood and the NBA about broke its arm from patting itself on the back because they postponed games for a whole 24 hours…not canceled, but postponed

The most reassuring thing in any cardiac arrest is the time it takes to start cpr/compressions. In this case it was started almost immediately after we witnessed the event.

In any code blue type situation the only medically proven intervention to create a better prognosis is the quality of your compressions and how quickly you start them. It almost doesn't matter if we push any meds or anything.

Unsure of his medical history but these types of collapses in game, irregardless of being hit or not, are usually associated with an underlying heart condition. Whether it's a congenital arrhythmia, something called brugada syndrome, or a cardiomyopathy. He has youth on his side and the fact that intervention was started almost immediately. Can't hope but nothing for the best for him man.

My heart sunk when I saw it because I've only had a few cases of patients/young athletes that presented similar to this and I've seen how much it affected their lives afterwards.

no new news yet :frown:

if this is a sudden blow to the chest stopping his heart, this happened to a hockey player years ago. took a puck at 80+ MPH to the heart/chest. it was very similar. he went down, got up, and then collapsed. the good news there is he did recover with time to rest and lived a fully normal life. eventually continued his career as well and is in the HOF. i hope we can see Damar make the same recovery and have no impact to his life

Last edited:
no new news yet :frown:

if this is a sudden blow to the chest stopping his heart, this happened to a hockey player years ago. took a puck at 80+ MPH to the heart/chest. it was very similar. he went down, got up, and then collapsed. the good news there is he did recover with time to rest and lived a fully normal life. eventually continued his career as well and is in the HOF. i hope we can see Damar make the same recovery and have no impact to his life

That's encouraging to hear.
His toy drive is current at 3.5 million. :pimp:
Like someone else, I just want him to see the amount of outpouring love.

Two days into 2023 and we already have a candidate for the worst post of the year. :smh:

Why is anyone surprised with Skip's tweet? It's extremely on brand. He's a Cowboy fan and Lebron hater.

He views black athletes as nothing more than bodies for his entertainment and wallet. EYE told yall about every Lebron hater.

Just reading this.. is umm something

Bad. All bad.

Told my son last night that I don't think football as we know it survives HIS lifetime. Told him that I, for one, would be VERY ok with that if it were to happen in MY lifetime.

I won't go into it more than, though, because the conversation really just needs to remain focused on this young man's condition. 😕

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom