NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I may be a bit ignorant here, but I don’t think this is a racial thing. its a money thing. NFL has never liked fully guaranteed- even if you’re a unanimous MVP at the prime age. I don’t think a prime Manning or Brady could guarantee it, even after Deshaun.

and for that alone the Raiders are out cause we broke :lol:

If QBs are becoming too expensive out here where teams are hesitant to pay a guy who most consider is at least top 10 what he’s worth the solution shouldn’t be to bring QB wages back down. Get rid of the salary cap or take Qb salaries out of consideration for the salary cap. Tired of the solution always being to take money out the player pockets and not the owners.

If QBs are becoming too expensive out here where teams are hesitant to pay a guy who most consider is at least top 10 what he’s worth the solution shouldn’t be to bring QB wages back down. Get rid of the salary cap or take Qb salaries out of consideration for the salary cap. Tired of the solution always being to take money out the player pockets and not the owners.

I see the point that was raised about from raider5 raider5

some of these dudes aren’t as liquid as they probably should be.. obviously they all have a net worth over a billion.. but you got some of these owners and/or families who bought their teams for QB contracts now.. hell some are significantly lower than QB contract money

Dov Kleiman and the Packers putting out a whole bunch of nothing for the last few weeks:

"we don't want Aaron back"
"we REALLY don't want Aaron back. we like Jordan"
"we REALLLY REALLY don't want Fraud back. we REALLY love Jordan"
"Jordan is prob gonna start"
"Jordan is REALLY probably gonna start"

Dov Kleiman and the Packers putting out a whole bunch of nothing for the last few weeks:

"we don't want Aaron back"
"we REALLY don't want Aaron back. we like Jordan"
"we REALLLY REALLY don't want Fraud back. we REALLY love Jordan"
"Jordan is prob gonna start"
"Jordan is REALLY probably gonna start"

We just trying get our fix…

04C08EE2-B0F9-447D-8869-88A17FCB60CB.jpeg

I think you can make the argument that top 4 of those contracts got owners regretting it.
There’s gotta be a bit of that in the back of the head of owners considering (or not) offering Lamar a deal

I like the loyalty and thought process of keeping the “money in house” with his mom being his agent, but you gotta get a real agent. Take the L of the 5% or whatever they charge but I would think they can easily get you an extra 5-10% more based on their experience alone

I agree with you on what owners might truly think Lamar’s value should be. I am all for hiring professionals in all aspects of life (accountants, doctors, lawyers, etc) if you can. Where I might slightly push back on is if an agent would significantly help in this situation? I know dacomeup dacomeup , lawdog1 lawdog1 , myself and others are lawyers and just like us, agents can only do what their client directs them to do. Agents like lawyers are there for when you don’t want to handle things on your own but they have to do what their client wants. Agents are important for getting creative on deal structures to get your client more of what he/she wants. That is helpful in almost every situation except the situation where your client is looking for certain things (guaranteed deal, etc) that creative structuring won’t fix. I have been there where no matter how creative we get with a deal structure if it doesn’t get to where my client wants to be on certain issues then the deal doesn’t happen. If creative structuring was all it took this deal would’ve been done. Lamar has a sense of his worth which is different from what the Ravens believe is his value. An agent worth his/her fee would try to bridge the gap between Lamar and the Ravens but if Lamar isn’t budging (I don’t think he should) nothing you can do except advise on next steps.

I've slept on it...looked at arguments presented and I think in light of guys like Jones getting paid, it begs the question why not Lamar? It's an apples to apples comparison, which I think is reasonable. Specifically the contracts of Watson and Kyler.
Huh? Lamar could’ve had Jones contract yesterday if he wanted it. Nothing is apples to apples about their situations at all.

It’s fine that you don’t like Lamar, you think his best football is behind him, etc., but no point in misrepresenting facts. Lamar is seeking a fully guaranteed deal — not what Daniel Jones got. Which won’t even be Top 4 deals given out this offseason.

I may be a bit ignorant here, but I don’t think this is a racial thing. its a money thing. NFL has never liked fully guaranteed- even if you’re a unanimous MVP at the prime age. I don’t think a prime Manning or Brady could guarantee it, even after Deshaun.

and for that alone the Raiders are out cause we broke :lol:

I don’t think it boils down to ONE thing. Which is the biggest issue around all of the Lamar talk. There’s a lot of truth in all of the convos happening around Lamar. There’s no single factor that’s correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom