NFL Quarterbacks Discussion thread: 2013 Edition

That's exactly what I've said multiple times.

I don't care one damn bit if Ryan Tannehill wore a dress and high heels and handed off 75 times a game, if we won, I'd be thrilled.

But what I would NOT be doing is claiming him MVP, better than Marino, or Luck, or anyone else. I'd simply be happy he didn't wreck the Mercedes the head coach asks him to drive.

Russ didn't wreck, he should be applauded.

Peyton IS the Mercedes.
Brady is now the Mercedes, he used to be the driver.
Warner was the Mersedes.
Luck is the Mercedes, with a jalopi defense and Flinstone era car RB. :lol: :lol:

I'll go ahead and say it...

He'll come back, but Peyton needs to call it a career. There are a couple of Brett's records that he'll pass next season, but unless he makes it to another SB and wins, there's really nothing he can do at this point. With Seattle, San Francisco, Carolina, Arizona, and all of the physical teams in the NFC, does Denver even stand a chance?

The teams that gave the NFC squads fits all share a few things:
1) Mobile QBs. Peyton is the opposite of mobile. Not saying you gotta be Kaep, but Luck had success against the NFC West.
2) QBs with strong arms. Peyton is throwing ducks. That 4th and 2... where he hucked it across the field towards Bay Bay... :x Zero zip or velocity.
3) Receivers who aren't afraid of contact. Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Fitz, Boldin, etc. Decker vanishes when you put hands on him. Welker ain't getting younger. Bay Bay doesn't have success against top tier guys.
4) Defense. Barring a slew of FA signings, what can Denver do? It's not like they're one piece away from anything. Von and Chris Harris were out, but DRC is probably going to walk. Champ isn't getting younger.

As much as I want him to get that second ring... Father Time caught up to him. Defenses are faster than ever. He got away with some against SD and NE... **** didn't fly against Seattle. Linebackers move like safeties and defensive ends/OLBs are freakishly athletic.

Peyton can still win games, and if he does come back, Denver will probably make the playoffs again. He'll break more records. It's not that he can't play QB anymore, but can he -- with that Denver team -- do anything that will help or improve his legacy?

Well Peyton plays the NFc West next year so you will see what he can do against our division and all the ridiculous defenses we have.

i know this is going to be misconstrued into "i think russell wilson sucks, he got carried"

the seahawks defense dominated that game. the offense didn't have to do anything really. i think russell has the tools to be a good QB in this league, but i don't think he's really shown it yet. i'd love to see him get better going forward, but yesterday i didn't see anything out of russell (besides one fastball down the seam to kearse over the middle) that i haven't see manziel do...

inb4 you're a manziel fan you're biased.

Yes, I'm a known Peyton backer 'roun these parts.

Salt. :lol:
The day you are called a peyton protector :lol: ....

They got flat out dominated.... My uncle (who has not been in the country many years and has under 4 years of football watching under his belt) said it best, "the guys on seattles team were bigger but as fast or faster, Denver didnt have a chance."

Does it hurt his legacy? His detractors already stated he was a choke artist so that won't change. His apologists will stick to their story as well..

What rubs me the wrong way with this Russell Wilson debate is people are acting like he's never put the offense on his back.

With the team he has he shouldn't be throwing it for 350 a game but we've seen him be able to do it when necessary.

I dunno man dude is a beast to me.

how did he put the team on his back if they lost? you have to complete the game with a win to use a statment like that

With the team he has he shouldn't be throwing it for 350 a game but we've seen him be able to do it when necessary.

When?

The playoff games versus Atlanta and Washington.

So... last year? And if I recall correctly, didn't Washington have 2 turnovers?

ok houston and tampa this year he put the team on his back in the 4th also :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

he had a QBR of 20.6 in that game, and was a matt schaub pick 6 away from losing and scoring 13 points . if by put the team on his back, you mean his offense put up 270 yards then yeah he put the team on his back.

(for comparison purposes, the texans put up 476 yards of offense..and the seahawks defense forced 3 turnovers.)

Last edited:

When?

The playoff games versus Atlanta and Washington.

So... last year? And if I recall correctly, didn't Washington have 2 turnovers?

ok houston and tampa this year he put the team on his back in the 4th also :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

he had a QBR of 20.6 in that game, and was a matt schaub pick 6 away from losing and scoring 13 points . if by put the team on his back, you mean his offense put up 270 yards then yeah he put the team on his back.

(for comparison purposes, the texans put up 476 yards of offense..and the seahawks defense forced 3 turnovers.)

Did you watch what he did on those last drives? I guess not, heres an article

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ns-legs-saved-the-seattle-seahawks-in-houston

Back
Top Bottom