NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

A London team is just a logistical nightmare. Would make more sense to push for a team in Canada other sports leagues here already have teams in Canada, Canada already has the CFL so we know there's somewhat of a audience there that could be increased with an actual NFL team.

This is why the NFL as a league is dying a very very slow death. Constantly making money moves regardless of what it puts the players through and seemingly short sighted planning

Having a team in London would be a ridiculous home field advantage. As long as the team isn’t completely awful on some Dolphins **** they’d probably lose 1 home game tops per year :lol:

It would be tough to get fans to keep the same energy for a 3.5 hour game compared to a 90+ minute North London derby

A London team is just a logistical nightmare. Would make more sense to push for a team in Canada other sports leagues here already have teams in Canada, Canada already has the CFL so we know there's somewhat of a audience there that could be increased with an actual NFL team.

This is why the NFL as a league is dying a very very slow death. Constantly making money moves regardless of what it puts the players through and seemingly short sighted planning

I really don’t know why the NFL hasn’t collaborated with the CFL. The market is there, Canadians care about American football. They’ve shown they can sustain a league. Has to be because of greed.

But yea, put a team in London for ****s and giggles! Lol

London has 3 hIgh quality NFL stadiums. Toronto does not.

The Bills playing in Canada didn't generate major interest.

They would be better served to try to invest into putting a NFL quality stadium there. And in the meantime till its ready they can play in a smaller stadium. not like they don't have the chargers playing in a MLS stadium now. But if it doesn't make sense to go to even Canada maybe they just shouldn't expand if they can't even make that work.

The travel strain that a London team would put on players is just unfair and no regards for their health. Even if they did block scheduling where its 4 home 4 away 4 home 4 away that's still 4 weeks they gotta fly all over the country on the road and a team from the states has to go on a long flight to London they would have to take earlier shortening rest time from whenever there last game was

Not sure of how high quality those playing surfaces are going to be with the premier league on Saturday/Sunday and NFL football on M/Th/S.

It's already been an issue before.
The condition ofpitch this day drastically effected the actual play of the game. And that's a problem why should the premier league have to put up with this :lol: why should players who actually have to play on this trash put up with this :lol: gotta do what you gotta do to queeze out more dollars I guess
1572966495150.png

They would be better served to try to invest into putting a NFL quality stadium there. And in the meantime till its ready they can play in a smaller stadium. not like they don't have the chargers playing in a MLS stadium now. But if it doesn't make sense to go to even Canada maybe they just shouldn't expand if they can't even make that work.

Toronto real estate prices are high, putting a NFL quality stadium in a downtown desirable location may be cost prohibitive.

Putting a team in London is more than logistics it’s opening your brand to a different part of the world. It’s a 5 hour time difference between NYC and London it’s not insurmountable.

The NFL would just build the Chargers schedule off the back to back home/road games limiting major traveling across the Atlantic Ocean.

A major sports team is going to make it happen and the NFL makes the most sense.

Toronto real estate prices are high, putting a NFL quality stadium in a downtown desirable location may be cost prohibitive.

Putting a team in London is more than logistics it’s opening your brand to a different part of the world. It’s a 5 hour time difference between NYC and London it’s not insurmountable.

The NFL would just build the Chargers schedule off the back to back home/road games limiting major traveling across the Atlantic Ocean.

I understand why they want to make the decision monetarily but I'm talking about what's fair to the players and what makes the most logistical sense it not being insurmountable doesn't mean its actually worth it and by worth it I don't just mean making money. And there's other ways and better ways to expand your brand to different parts of the world. Like the NBA helping start leagues in different parts of the world instead of trying to move a current NBA team there permanently. The NFL aren't interested in expanding the sport they are interested in expanding their wallets. Not to say that's not in part the NBA's motivation too but at least they going about it in a smarter way that actually expands the sport and not just their wallets

And I don't think that block scheduling is the would solve the problem it just creates a different travel problem

Also I don't know what the relevance of the flight from NYC to London matters cause not all flights gonna be going from NYC.

Last edited:
Just let the Chargers go to London
Export Bolo and his farm of his family to the UK before they breed enough to invade Southern California

The condition ofpitch this day drastically effected the actual play of the game. And that's a problem why should the premier league have to put up with this :lol: why should players who actually have to play on this trash put up with this :lol: gotta do what you gotta do to queeze out more dollars I guess
1572966495150.png

I remember people were pissed on twitter, talking about they would never watch an NFL game for ruining such a nice pitch.

That **** looks awful lmfao

A west coast team, preferably one in Cali, should move to Mexico City. That's one international market that just makes the most sense.

Politics though.

Only a ****** would post this or like it.

Pats have faced nothing but garbage offenses all year long, not giving them credit for ****. **** them

i don't disagree with you. we'll find out over the next few weeks for sure

IMO, I'd prefer the Ravens in the AFC East and Buffalo in the AFC North. Kinda makes sense geographically.
Miami in the South makes a ton of sense. I never understood why Dallas was in the East.

Yeah after my post i was thinking about it ...

NFC South - Atlanta New Orleans Tampa Dallas
NFC East - Carolina Philly Washington NYG
NFC North - no change
NFC West - no change

AFC South - Houston Miami Jacksonville Tennesee
AFC East - New England Baltimore NYJ Pitt
AFC North - Indy Cleveland Cincy Buffalo
AFC West - no change

Those historic rivalries can still be played yearly

They should also have teams of same state play each other :smokin

Back
Top Bottom