NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

IMG_20191118_162219.jpg

Who comes up with these odds?

The former prototype having better odds than the current one despite him having better numbers even after missing a whole month is funny :lol:

CMC not being included in the top 5 is also weird

Feel like Minny deserves some love with the seasons Turnt and Cook are having

its not that funny. Packers have 5 wins against teams above .500. Chiefs have 6 wins total and Mahomes has lost 3 games in a row. A good record goes a long way in MVP voting. That should be enough to warrant a very slight advantage.

I ain’t here to call Carr good but he doesn’t deserve the disrespect.

you play whoever is on your schedule. Why should DC be dissed for beating bad teams? The raiders lost to KC, GB & Minnesota because of our pass defense. Carr turning the ball over going for the touchdown was definitely the turning point of the GB game but really Aaron Rodgers just decided to go God mode and killed us. Honestly the Raiders should’ve beaten Houston and if they did they would be leading the division at 7-3 and would be playing for a 1st round bye.

nobody here can even name the Raiders starting receivers. Darren Waller (we signed him off the Ravens practice squad) Hunter Renfrow (5th round pick) and Tyrell Williams (been injured all year but he’s been productive) are literally the only weapons anybody knows about. Our entire passing offense was based on 1 guy and he dipped out 2 days before our first game.

Carr’s last 5 games:
1609 yards, 9 TDs, 2 INTs, 72.4 completion %, 8.87 yards/attempt, 1 rushing TD.

I’m not saying he’s a MVP candidate or He’s gunna lead us to the super bowl but I’ve seen a lot worse than DC. He’s not losing us games and I would feel confident if it was a 1 score game in the 4th quarter and DC was my QB.

Also: everybody before the year was KILLING gruden. **** I was one of them myself. I thought he couldn’t coach and was trash. I was mad about the Mack trade. Guess what? EVERYONE was wrong about him. I’m not saying he’s COY but he deserves props for the job he’s done.

Rankings can and should be fluid. Right now, the top 2 backs are:

1. CMC
2. Cook

The rest is really up for debate, but Chubb has quietly been balling out on a dysfunctional offense.

its not that funny. Packers have 5 wins against teams above .500. Chiefs have 6 wins total and Mahomes has lost 3 games in a row. A good record goes a long way in MVP voting.

That might be the case but it's not all due to his play when he has a better defense and running game than Mahomes.

Dude tossed for 400+ and 3 TD's and still took an L in his return :lol:

He's still been putting up ridiculous numbers even though he's forced to shoulder a lot more of the burden when it comes to his squads fortunes whereas GB finally got AR a well balanced squad again

Its a little weird that the Raiders replaced at generational talent at one of the most important positions in all of football with a 1st round running back at the least important position in football and now having a winning record.

Josh Jacobs is #Very #Good
It’s funny I was so against the idea of using a 1st round pick on a RB but he’s been our best player lol.

there’s not a chance in the world I’d trade Jacobs and a 2020 first round pick to pay Khalil Mack 100 million dollars... which is ******* crazy :lol:

I ain’t here to call Carr good but he doesn’t deserve the disrespect.

you play whoever is on your schedule. Why should DC be dissed for beating bad teams? The raiders lost to KC, GB & Minnesota because of our pass defense. Carr turning the ball over going for the touchdown was definitely the turning point of the GB game but really Aaron Rodgers just decided to go God mode and killed us. Honestly the Raiders should’ve beaten Houston and if they did they would be leading the division at 7-3 and would be playing for a 1st round bye.

nobody here can even name the Raiders starting receivers. Darren Waller (we signed him off the Ravens practice squad) Hunter Renfrow (5th round pick) and Tyrell Williams (been injured all year but he’s been productive) are literally the only weapons anybody knows about. Our entire passing offense was based on 1 guy and he dipped out 2 days before our first game.

Carr’s last 5 games:
1609 yards, 9 TDs, 2 INTs, 72.4 completion %, 8.87 yards/attempt, 1 rushing TD.

I’m not saying he’s a MVP candidate or He’s gunna lead us to the super bowl but I’ve seen a lot worse than DC. He’s not losing us games and I would feel confident if it was a 1 score game in the 4th quarter and DC was my QB.

Also: everybody before the year was KILLING gruden. **** I was one of them myself. I thought he couldn’t coach and was trash. I was mad about the Mack trade. Guess what? EVERYONE was wrong about him. I’m not saying he’s COY but he deserves props for the job he’s done.

No. They are playing a last place schedule and benefiting from that mightily.

Next year when the schedule gets tougher, they will be back to being a 6-7 win team and all the praise will turn.

If they win 9 games this year, and 8 of them are against crap teams, I find it hilarious if people want to hype Gruden over that. Certainly wouldn't be me, but I don't follow other sheep so maybe I'm the minority on this one.

No. They are playing a last place schedule and benefiting from that mightily.

Next year when the schedule gets tougher, they will be back to being a 6-7 win team and all the praise will turn.

If they win 9 games this year, and 8 of them are against crap teams, I find it hilarious if people want to hype Gruden over that. Certainly wouldn't be me, but I don't follow other sheep so maybe I'm the minority on this one.

the last place schedule they are benefitting from? U mean the one that determines 2 games? we haven’t even played one of those teams yet :lol:

Rankings can and should be fluid. Right now, the top 2 backs are:

1. CMC
2. Cook

The rest is really up for debate, but Chubb has quietly been balling out on a dysfunctional offense.

yup Chubb is doing work with bad oline and questionable coaching

kamara is back now., and Jacobs been good

Gonna be interesting to see how much Chubbs production takes a hit with Hunt being back,who's looked decent on limited touches.

Chubb has had a great season so far

Gonna be interesting to see how much Chubbs production takes a hit with Hunt being back,who's looked decent on limited touches.

Chubb is still going to carry the ball 20 times a game. Freddie Kitchens is too damn dumb to use Kareem Hunt in a non-Duke Johnson type role. Guy ran the ball with Chubb 30 god damn times last game like Kareem Hunt has never seen a backfield.

My apologies, praise away, all hail Derek Carr, slayer of teams with losing records and the Colts who don't need Andrew Luck*

Hm. That asterisk is pretty interesting. Let's take a deep dive shall we?

2018 Colts after 10 games played: 5-5 W/L record, Luck: 29 TD's 9 INT's.

2019 Colts after 10 games played: 6-4* W/L record, Brissett: 15 TD's. 4 INT's**.

* Colts record with Brissett as a starter: 6-3
** Brissett with 9 games played through 10.

2018 Colts opponents with records .500 or better after 10 games: 5. W/L record: 2-3
2019 Colts opponents with records .500 or better after 10 games: 5. W/L record: 4-1

The only thing that seems to be a stark difference is the production between the two QB's, which of course, is to be expected because Luck is the better player.

However, do the Colts need Andrew Luck? I'm not so sure about that, considering that both teams schedules were eerily similar to last season in terms of the opponents records after 10 games, but this version of the Colts being slightly better sitting at 6-4*.

I'm interested to see how this plays out. Because as nick. nick. would say. "The ________ haven't missed a beat without _______"

Through a couple games Hunt has really only taken receiving work from Chubb

Yesterday is an example of why CMC isn’t likely to win MVP despite the incredible statistical season he’s having. Nearly 200 yards from scrimmage and his team gets utterly blown out. Running backs just don’t impact victory as much as QBs.

Yesterday is an example of why CMC isn’t likely to win MVP despite the incredible statistical season he’s having. Nearly 200 yards from scrimmage and his team gets utterly blown out. Running backs just don’t impact victory as much as QBs.

He'll win OPOY while a QB wins MVP

Seems to be the way it always goes

Back
Top Bottom