NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

man i hope trubisky wakes the **** up come monday night

Makes 2 of us. This def the lowest I've felt on the confidence meter for the kid.

What's wild is we've seen him play better than he has the last 2 weeks. He's regressed so far.

MNF will be very very very interesting.

I think Mason Crosby will probably continue to play pretty decent, but I also think Pitt was always going to miss AB and Bell combo way more than the common narrative was saying coming into this season. They are thin on the skill positions all of a sudden.

I also don’t see Fitzpatrick alone fixing the back half of the defense. To me this does look like a 7-9 type team.

Yea, I dont like the depth at the skill positions.. I’ve never been that high on conner as a bell replacement because he’s simply not as good as bell.. however, the Steelers can use Snell more and Samuel less.

You can’t replace AB because he’s AB He’s the best in the world at what he does, but you can move James Washington to the #2 WR because he’s a legitimate deep threat and has chemistry with Rudolph. As much as I like switzer because he’s a Chapel Hill guy, he needs to be used less in the offense, possibly bring back Eli Rodgers who was very dependable during his time in Pittsburgh. Vance mcdonald looked good last game.

It’s not going to be a night and day difference defensively Sunday against the 49ers, but the Steelers have a lot more flexibility now. You can move edmunds down as a linebacker in certain schemes and situations. Minkah replaces Sean Davis. Better coverage allows the front 7 to get to the QB.. I think it’s a case where we’ll see the Steelers defense getting better as the season progresses.

upload_2019-9-17_9-46-24.gif

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-17_9-46-15.gif
    upload_2019-9-17_9-46-15.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Makes 2 of us. This def the lowest I've felt on the confidence meter for the kid.

What's wild is we've seen him play better than he has the last 2 weeks. He's regressed so far.

MNF will be very very very interesting.

It’s been hard to watch man

He’s too jittery in the pocket, over throwing ******* everything

I hope he settles in

to a T...the definition of mediocre :lol:

Not really. Doesn’t account for the four or five years where the actual team was mediocre around him, with the bad oline or the below average defense. Hard to pin a record on someone when they play on only one side of the ball.

Not really. Doesn’t account for the four or five years where the actual team was mediocre around him, with the bad oline or the below average defense. Hard to pin a record on someone when they play on only one side of the ball.

:lol:

It’s been hard to watch man

He’s too jittery in the pocket, over throwing ****ing everything

I hope he settles in

Like I told my boy, he's got all the actual physical attributes you want, but I think the problem is in between the ears. His mental.
Also, Nagy has dumbed down the playbook for him and in my eyes that's hindering Mitch and the offense instead of helping it. You were hired because of your offensive prowess, you go and tell him:

"Look, this is the playbook, it's opened up. It's on you to make the plays. Got out there and show me" It's either sink or swim. He can either play himself into being the guy or not. No more babying.

This is the same **** I've dealt with my entire life as a Bears fan. Amazing Defense. Terrible Offense due to QB play.

I'm not giving up on him right now, but my patience is PRETTY thin at this point.

McAdoo is rolling over in his grave

Giants fumbled the transition bigly though,could've paired Daniel Jones with Odell and Saquon for tthe long term if they had a half decent FO

Mac ****rd up cause he wanted to bench Eli for Geno. That was dumb and Geno put up the same numbers Eli would have

Now if they benched him to see our rookie at the moment, would have been a way different reaction

McAdoo is rolling over in his grave

Giants fumbled the transition bigly though,could've paired Daniel Jones with Odell and Saquon for tthe long term if they had a half decent FO

Steelers could've been in the same boat and I knew this day would come.

Rudolph or some other young QB taking over the offense for the longterm with AB, Le'veon AND that line.

Eli in his best days was in the QB range of 8-10.

The narrative that he’s nothing more than a joe flacco or Alex smith, insanely average and mediocre QB’s is false imo.

Back
Top Bottom