NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

With actual NFL/College rules, this could be a great feeder and developmental league to the NFL.

Just like the AAF
francis.png

I might cop a Seattle Dragons fitted doe

Two lightning bolts in the DC logo has me feeling a certain way, what does that have to do with defending? I don't mind the Dragons name for Seattle, but that logo looks straight out of a SB Nation. The designer could've at least added the tip of the dragon's tail curled and pointing to the left so the logo could be an abstract "S."

Real skeptical the XFL can last more than a season or two. Though if they are able to poach college players coming out of their freshman or soph years and practice squad players they could put a decent product out there. May check out a Seattle game since ticket prices should be low.

The dumbest thing they did was go into big city markets.

Best bet was to treat it like a college atmosphere. Have dorms to an extent to take care of the athletes and have them in medium markets without NFL teams. Build the fan base for people who want football but don’t get it. Create a market for live football, then do everything they are doing marketing wise. It’s going to fail in Dallas, LA and New York. Too many pro teams in general, too much other stuff to do then watch no name players in a league. Could have gone to these medium markets, done full campaigns, got with the people in the market and really sell to the people you are bringing them football.

I’ll watch it because I watch all football, but it was short sighted to do these large markets, crowds will die fast.

I would have targeted Portland, Oklahoma City, Phoenix, Orlando, Charlotte, Oakland, and San Diego.

The AAF could have been successful, but they had a power clash behind the scenes over the direction of the league. The money was there, they just wanted to control HOW the money was spent, and at times when the money would be delivered. I read a GREAT ESPN article that interviewed a lot of the AAF figureheads. I’ll post it if I can find it again.

Here in Alabama, the Birmingham Iron had great support. And after every win, you saw more and more people wearing gear around town.

From what i have read, money won't be an issue with the xfl.
Even the first time around, the players were taken care of with a nice severance. Aaf just did not have the financial backing and was poorly manged

anybody see the 100 greatest nfl players to play on espn? Some of these picks are jokes lol

The AAF could have been successful, but they had a power clash behind the scenes over the direction of the league. The money was there, they just wanted to control HOW the money was spent, and at times when the money would be delivered. I read a GREAT ESPN article that interviewed a lot of the AAF figureheads. I’ll post it if I can find it again.

Here in Alabama, the Birmingham Iron had great support. And after every win, you saw more and more people wearing gear around town.

Furthering my point, great market to be in.

Back
Top Bottom