NFL Week 1 In Review...

I hope MM8 doesn't get gassed off that 4TDs game on throwing 1st read slants against the Buccs :lol:

You couldnt pay me to think my boy Peyton would go out like this. Defense and run game gonna carry him all season. This is gonna have an ugly ending :smh:

Colts will be alright. They slept on the Bills just like I did

Tannehill and Stafford are both mediocre. You would think by now Stafford would make some type of strides. He's the type to get coaches fired

:rofl: at the Giants/Eli/Coughlin. At least they fessed up at the end on the mistake and can move on

Romo looked so relaxed on that last drive. When you got an Oline like that **** why not

You would think Pete Carroll would learn from that SB loss. Still doing nonsense out here in critical times in the game

Winston will be alright and ill stand by that. Lovie Smith has got to go though for the simple fact that defense didnt even show up against a rookie, he's def gonna be on the hot seat

Bum of the Week:

Alterraun Verner. I watched the WHOLE game and this guy was getting burnt, holding, missing tackles. Just all around horrible corner play from him.

Last edited:

we should all remember week 4 last year when KC blew NE's doors off. it was a wrap for NE after that game and TB12 was done....

although the over reactions haven't been overly bad. i think we're getting better at that as a group
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Even Pats fans were starting to write the eulogy after that game.
laugh.gif
the most irrational pats fan I know was saying they should trade everyone, fire belichick and start jimmy

was hilarious hearing him try to talk after that

So Verner robbed the Bucs? He was one of the more sought after names in last years free agency I remember :lol:

Last edited:

we should all remember week 4 last year when KC blew NE's doors off. it was a wrap for NE after that game and TB12 was done....

although the over reactions haven't been overly bad. i think we're getting better at that as a group :lol: :pimp:

Even Pats fans were starting to write the eulogy after that game. :lol:

the most irrational pats fan I know was saying they should trade everyone, fire belichick and start jimmy

was hilarious hearing him try to talk after that

it was terrible. local media was asking Bill about when he was gonna make a QB change. Bill wouldn't even respond, just chuckle at the question.

although the over reactions haven't been overly bad. i think we're getting better at that as a group
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
That's a good one.

Remember the Titans blowing out the Chiefs last year in week one?  They dropped like 40.
So Verner robbed the Bucs? He was one of the more sought after names in last years free agency I remember
laugh.gif
Classic "winning Free Agency" example right there.

Chargers:

-Kyle Emmanuel looking like a draft steal by Tom Telesco taking him in the 5th round.
-Stevie Johnson & Ladrius Green stepping up.
-Keenan Allen going beast mode yesterday by tying Kellen Winslow franchise record with 15 catches in a game :pimp:
-Phillip Rivers tying Dan Fouts for franchise career passing TD's.
-Danny Woodhead back :pimp:
-Secondary shutdown Megatron and Golden Tate yesterday.

The AFC West is wide open this year but it's really going to come down to the Chargers & Chiefs on who wins the division. Broncos and Peyton aren't taking it with Mannings dead arm. Raiders are still the same :lol:

Last edited:
Skins

-Had the game right there. Missed opportunities. Cully dropped a pick 6, Keenan Robinson dropped an easy INT as well. Not to mention that Forbath pushed a 45 yarder wide right. That was a possible 10 points left on the field. The obvious difference between winning and losing.

-Special Teams :smh: I mean...this has been a problem for the past 4/5 seasons. :smh:

-Defense looked MUCH better.

-Jason Hatcher was a man possessed.

-As soon as D. Hall went out with his injury and Amerson subbed in, the Dolphins targeted him on the next 7 throws by Tannehill. :wow: :lol: :smh: He's ******* awful, bruh.

-Alf was running hard yesterday. Trucked some fool real bad.

-Speaking of trucks, Garcon laid the wood on a DB. Dude is aggressive as hell.

-I didn't like the first INT from Kirk. Real bad throw. 2nd INT was a hell of a catch by the DB...but it was pretty much a long punt because I don't know if the team was in FG range and it was 3rd down. Cousins showed nice pocket awareness and ability to get the ball out quickly. Hopefully he gets better going forward.

All in all, there were some encouraging signs. Team looks much more competitive than what we saw in years' past. There is some good young talent on the squad. Scherff, P.Smith, Jones, etc.

Last edited:
Jameis Winston's first career NFL pass was a pick six :lol:

Say hello to JaMarcus Russell part 2.

Texans
- I was really being sold on Hoyer being a safe choice at QB :lol:
- Offense didn't do the defense any favors
- Let Mallett start, Hoyer just sucks nothing to see there anymore
- for those of you whose teams have a franchise QB what's it like?

League
- Dudes still making assumptions based off week one, never change :pimp: :pimp:
- Manning and Coughlin really botched that
- Peyton declining at a rapid rate :frown:
- MM8 :pimp:

*mariota throws to 1st read wide open on a slant right across the middle 3 yards in front of him who proceeds to run for 40 yards after the catch while 8 different Bucs whiff on tackles*

"THE BRILLIANCE AND PRECISION OF MARCUS MARIOTA IS UNMATCHED! SUPER MARIOTA!!!"

*jameis almost gets his life taken because of his terrible OL then mariota throws to receiver at line of scrimmage who runs for 30 yards after the catch*

"BOY THE BUCS HAVE TO BE WONDERING IF THEY PICKED THE WRONG GUY! THIS KID IS SPECIAL! SUPERSTAR IN THE MAKING!!"

Jameis will be fine.

EDIT: Tho if Buc Em keeps doing what he's doing... I might start changing my tune...

Last edited:
*mariota throws to 1st read wide open on a slant right across the middle 3 yards in front of him who proceeds to run for 40 yards after the catch while 8 different Bucs whiff on tackles*

*jameis almost gets his life taken because of his terrible OL then mariota throws to receiver at line of scrimmage who runs for 30 yards after the catch*

"BOY THE BUCS HAVE TO BE WONDERING IF THEY PICKED THE WRONG GUY! THIS KID IS SPECIAL! SUPERSTAR IN THE MAKING!!"

Whatever helps you sleep better and helps get you through the week.

Paul Conner ‏@P_ConnerJr 19h19 hours ago

For those already declaring a winner in Mariota vs. Winston. RG3 beat Luck for Heisman. RG3 beat Luck for ROY. This is not a sprint.

The one game hot takes are out of control :lol:

The AFC West is wide open this year but it's really going to come down to the Chargers & Chiefs on who wins the division. Broncos and Peyton aren't taking it with Mannings dead arm. Raiders are still the same :lol:

Whoa lets not get too ahead of ourselves after Week 1. The Chiefs are still the Chiefs as well as the Chargers :lol: . I expect Broncos to take that even with Manning as he is.

Andrew Luck gonna look more drunk than Irsay at season's end if he keeps taking those hits :lol:

Back
Top Bottom