NFL Week 4 In Review...

J.J. Watt can't be a human being. Dude playing like a monster. Making fans forget about Mario in less than 30 minutes into the season. :lol:

7.5 sacks :x thru 4 weeks :x playing 3-4 De :x and 5 deflections which have lead to 4 picks :x

we forgot about mario a longggggggg time ago. people forget, we were a top 5 defense last year and he only played in 4 or 5 games. he was very irrelevant to the texans success.

7.5 sacks :x thru 4 weeks :x playing 3-4 De :x and 5 deflections which have lead to 4 picks :x

He on that Brian Cushing workout plan.

Come at me!

J/K. But If he ever gets busted though, I said it first. :nerd:

I had no idea Matt Schaubs wife was a Texans Cheerleader.

:lol: cushing. nah but in all seriousness, watt is a monster. he single handedly generates pressure, which not a lot of defensive lineman can do. league leader in sacks at 3-4 d end when most of the perennial sack leaders are 3-4 OLBs. crazy. his 5 deflections, and his amount of tackles for a loss are staggering.

You texans fans are living the highlife now, I like the Texans and I see a bright future in their squad. And as a Niner fan, I hope to god we play y'all in the Superbowl or in the coming years. I'm a fan of the NFL and personally I love seeing all competitive games (except Dallas, **** them).

that would be an awesome game in my opinion. the niners have so many DEFENSIVE weapons, not a lot of teams can claim that. wish bowman would get more spotlight, but people tend to look past him it seems because of patrick willis. it's funny because we wanted aldon smith, but yall got him so we took JJ Watt. everybody wins! yalls run defense vs our rushing attack would be a fun matchup to watch.

For what the Raiders gave up, that trade for Carson Palmer was one of the worst I've ever seen. Also, the fact that they were trading for a guy that had been sitting out of football for months before that because he quit on his team. It sucks because if Campbell and McFadden didn't get hurt I think that Raiders team would have made the playoffs easily. They were looking good. Should have just traded for somebody like Orton who wouldn't have costed them much.

my team is arguably the best team in the NFL, but i gotta "stay humble and be quiet" because...my team didn't win superbowls 30 years ago?

That's a trick question. Your team didn't exist 30 eyars ago.

But to answer it, yes.

Last edited:
Why can't we all just get along? :D ........:lol:

Well while you guys argue about who and whats better (past, present or whatever), I just want to see the Raiders play some decent football. :smh:

why did yall trade a whole draft for bum a** carson palmer? why? Free Darren Mcfadden.

You think as Raider fan I wanted that trade? I do not know anyone who approved of the Carson Palmer trade. Like Buc Em said, the Raiders would have gone to the playoffs if it weren't for Jason Campbell breaking his collar bone, and DMC being habitually hurt. I think DMC was leading the league in rushing yards before he went down. Yes, these are shoulda, coulda, woulda's, but we were doing well last year.

Talking bout this year tho, I wish the Texans would have kept Greg Knapp. Whatever the problem may be with the running game, zone blocking is not helping.

I'd like to say we're on the right track, but that has yet to be seen. Either way, I will continue to support the Raiders.

*Patiently waits for a 4-0 banner to be raised at Reliant Stadium.*

I kid, I kid.

Texans fans definitely have a right to be happy so enjoy it.

But you'll soon realize that it's a looong season.. take it from a fan of a team that is a consistent regular season juggernaut but always fell just short (Ravens). The Texans are going to face a lot of different challenges throughout the season and each is gonna show you something different about your squad, so just sit back and take it in.

Also NaVorro Bowman = Patrick Willis lite, that boy is vastly underrated and I until I see the numbers 52 or 53 idk who is who

my team is arguably the best team in the NFL, but i gotta "stay humble and be quiet" because...my team didn't win superbowls 30 years ago?

That's a trick question. Your team didn't exist 30 eyars ago.

But to answer it, yes.

Stupid logic is stupid.

Texans fans definitely have a right to be happy so enjoy it.

But you'll soon realize that it's a looong season.. take it from a fan of a team that is a consistent regular season juggernaut but always fell just short (Ravens). The Texans are going to face a lot of different challenges throughout the season and each is gonna show you something different about your squad, so just sit back and take it in.

I don't think anyone thinks otherwise. If anything, we know this from losing schaub in week 10 last year. I'm not definitively saying we'll win the chip, I just don't understand why some of yall think that's so outlandish based on what we've seen so far

Last edited:
PSK, post a pic of the six, we have a right to talk smack to anyone! Past, present, it's all good for the most successful franchise in the Super Bowl era:D

I've said it before, for the sake of this board I'd love a 9er/Texan SB. Epic. Ready for next week, very telling for Pitt

PSK, post a pic of the six, we have a right to talk smack to anyone! Past, present, it's all good for the most successful franchise in the Super Bowl era:D

I've said it before, for the sake of this board I'd love a 9er/Texan SB. Epic. Ready for next week, very telling for Pitt

Why certainly but just so we're clear, they don't hand these out in the regular season. Also before anyone spouts off at the "mouf" we've been to 3 SBs within the last 6 years or so & came away with 2...

Last edited:
Ill always have love or the steelers except when they play Houston ( like when we punched y'all in the mouth last year )

Half of my fam is steelers fans

But trust, if we meet in the playoffs, you don't want it :evil:

To me, Lovie Smith is an underrated coach. The Bears have always been competitive since he's been there & despite injuries & an inconsistent offense, his D is always top notch. Plus the man had to take what that bum Jerry Angelo gave him.

oh and for the record:
Number of wins since 2003 (season following texans inaugural season, and 49ers last winning season before last year) up until the end of last season.
texans have 61 wins
49ers have 59 wins
but your franchise has been sooooooooo much better than mine right?
*waits for rant laced with champ, telling me about 49ers championships 20 years ago*

Listen champ, it's good that you and a few others are excited with the recent "success" that the Texans are having, because "success" is new to you dudes and it's showing by the way your posting on here. However, there's still ways for you Texans fans to be a bit more humble in my opinion. From this point forward, I would like to see more "hey guys, thanks for letting us lowly Texans fans be apart of the mix here on the boards" or "I know my team hasn't won anything ever, but I'm just happy to be here amongst you all". I need to start seeing more posts like that from you and your boy [COLOR=#red]MMG[/COLOR], if you do that trust me when I tell you that you'll be in good standing here.

Reason being is the season isn't even half way over and folks are thrilled and excited with their 4-0 start. The 4-0 start is good, but really it's been against average or below average teams for the most part. Nothing wrong with that because you can't control who is set on your schedule to play but all NFL teams are not created equal. The owner for the Texans could pack the team up and move them to El Segundo and hardly anybody would care or bat an eye. That should tell you Texan fans something and put things into perspective for you. Again, you Texan fans are alright with me for the most part, just take this opportunity to lay low and be patient for the time being. No need to be as vocal as you have been. Remember, as Frank Lucas said......"the loudest one in the room, is the weakest one in the room" Words of advice for you Texan fans out there.

To me, Lovie Smith is an underrated coach. The Bears have always been competitive since he's been there & despite injuries & an inconsistent offense, his D is always top notch. Plus the man had to take what that bum Jerry Angelo gave him.

been saying this for the past 4 years.

I never expected JJ Watt to pan out the way he did. Him and his brother who is currently a freshman at Wisconsin played HS ball 30 minutes away from me but they weren't in my division. He was good in high school but I never would have thought he would have been NFL stud good. He never stopped working, really made a name for himself at UW and now he's doing the same for the Texans. :smokin

And why do we keep talking about the past? This thread is about week 4 of this season, not the 80's.

If that's the case, the Superbowl is named after the Packers. Do Packers fans with this thread then or something ?

Also NaVorro Bowman = Patrick Willis lite, that boy is vastly underrated and I until I see the numbers 52 or 53 idk who is who

It's a shame he has to play next to Pat Willis...he'll be constantly overshadowed. But he led the team in tackles last year. That's not a fluke.

I think Duece has become an even bigger troll than Shoes. While Shoes is hilarious and just an outright clown, Duece has mastered the Skip Bayless of technique of artful trolling. It's been an amazing run to watch over the past couple years.

been saying this for the past 4 years.

I mean for godsakes the man won some games having to play rex grossman at QB...Got damn...People who try to equate him as a middle of the road coach really don't know football. I do think promoting Tice to be the OC was the wrong move though. Like Steve Young said last night, Cutler needs to have an OC/QB coach that will keep him disciplined & I'm not sure Tice has the experience to do that. Hope he proves me wrong though.

Romo had 307 yards passing, Bryant had 105 yards receiving, & Witten had 112. Those 5 picks killed them. I think at least 2 (possibly 3) were on Bryant. Damn....

oh and for the record:
Number of wins since 2003 (season following texans inaugural season, and 49ers last winning season before last year) up until the end of last season.
texans have 61 wins
49ers have 59 wins
but your franchise has been sooooooooo much better than mine right?
*waits for rant laced with champ, telling me about 49ers championships 20 years ago*

Listen champ, it's good that you and a few others are excited with the recent "success" that the Texans are having, because "success" is new to you dudes and it's showing by the way your posting on here. However, there's still ways for you Texans fans to be a bit more humble in my opinion. From this point forward, I would like to see more "hey guys, thanks for letting us lowly Texans fans be apart of the mix here on the boards" or "I know my team hasn't won anything ever, but I'm just happy to be here amongst you all". I need to start seeing more posts like that from you and your boy [COLOR=#red]MMG[/COLOR], if you do that trust me when I tell you that you'll be in good standing here.

Reason being is the season isn't even half way over and folks are thrilled and excited with their 4-0 start. The 4-0 start is good, but really it's been against average or below average teams for the most part. Nothing wrong with that because you can't control who is set on your schedule to play but all NFL teams are not created equal. The owner for the Texans could pack the team up and move them to El Segundo and hardly anybody would care or bat an eye. That should tell you Texan fans something and put things into perspective for you. Again, you Texan fans are alright with me for the most part, just take this opportunity to lay low and be patient for the time being. No need to be as vocal as you have been. Remember, as Frank Lucas said......"the loudest one in the room, is the weakest one in the room" Words of advice for you Texan fans out there.

Salt, thy name is Duece...:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom