NFL Week 4 In Review...

And yet each of those fan bases don't act like they've won the super bowl every single year following that.

Really? Is this NT or in the real world?

BTW, we could easily deflect that back on Texans fans the past two years, more notably this past season. Interesting how that works...

It's both NT & real-life, like Lebron love/hate. It's actually feasible, unlike the fake Texans animosity people try to create on here. And no, no Texans fans acted like they've won Super Bowls in the past 2 years, especially 1 of those years include a 6-10 disaster season. You just sounded silly even letting that come out your mouth.

There's a difference between having a team that you think can contend for a super bowl, and attempting to erase a decade plus worth of nothing and parading around like the Pats/Steelers/Ravens/Broncos haven't been winning that's super bowls during that time.

Last edited:
but my "lowly" team has more wins than yours over the last 10 years. quit acting like chips 30 years ago give you a free pass to suck for 10 years. own it. admit it. since 2003, you've been lower and more irrelevant than my team.
we have a winning season last year, and we become more vocal, and yall get upset because...why again? i guess we kind of sound like...49ers fans? nothing since 03, winning season last year, and how vocal you've become as well. funny how that works.
the only thing different between the texans and 49ers is that we've only been around for 10 or so years, and you think chips 30 years ago mean something to 2012.

tumblr_lxjlw4AnIX1rn1xxfo1_250.gif

but my "lowly" team has more wins than yours over the last 10 years. quit acting like chips 30 years ago give you a free pass to suck for 10 years. own it. admit it. since 2003, you've been lower and more irrelevant than my team.
we have a winning season last year, and we become more vocal, and yall get upset because...why again? i guess we kind of sound like...49ers fans? .

You just don't get it do you champ. It's not about how many wiins which team has had over the last 10 years, that's not the point of my statement. It's about you and or your team being recognized and being notable, be it here on out or even from the past. The Texans are trying to get there, in comparison the 49ers are already there, and have already been there. If you walk into any sports store outside of Texas will there be any Texans merchandise for sell, I say chances are slim to none. Like I said earlier, your owner could move your team today or tomorrow and just like that you would go from the Houston Texans to the El Segundo Montereys...........and hardly anybody would care or raise concern. Texan fans are still learning the ropes for the most part and it would behoove you to do so. Again, the Texans have a good solid team, and I actually like their fanbase on here for the most part.

nothing since 03, winning season last year, and how vocal you've become as well. funny how that works.

I've been vocal on here way before last season champ, Skins fans can testify on my behalf on that matter. Well before our winning season from last year.

Wait what?

Last season with a healthy QB we make it to the Super Bowl

See this is the mentality that has and will get alot of Texans fan in trouble. I really don't want to say that 1 bad apple spoils the bunch (Texan fans) but for you [COLOR=#red]MMG[/COLOR], I may very well have to make that exception in this case. This way of thinking as if you were entitled or guaranteed a Super Bowl appearance is not to way to conduct yourself. It's bad for business and more importantly bad for your brand as you and the rest of these Texan fans try to gain ground.

I don't see it though, the 49ers are a fumble from making it to the chip

Houston? QB play, not so much Mario because our defense didn't miss a beat, you being a 9ers fan should know QB play means everything from Montana to Young to Smith.

Am I being cocky? Maybe? But a healthy Matt last year and we beat the ravens, hell I think the pats as well.

I've never said anything outrageous about my franchise.

A very good offense ? True.

Top 10 QB - Yeap

One of the Best if not best RB in the L, yeap along with a back up who could start on a handful of other teams, true

Top 3 WR? Yes sir

One of the best defenses in the league, yes sir.

Watt playing like a man against kids? Everyone see its, DPOY? Making that push.

But with that I saw the bad.

The right side of our Oline is meh.

teams spreading out our defense worries me

And Houston has MO of playing teams we "should" beat at their level in prior years.

You guys say we haven't played anyone? Fine but who knew Titans would be this terrible, everyone thought they would make a push. But the teams we are playing we are beating in convincing fashion.

Tate doesn't fumble and that broncos game isn't that close.

Right now Home field advantage is ours to lose. The only team that worries me in the AFC are the pats, why? Because like shown last week when Brady wants to he'll turn it out.

Our next test is when Arod comes to town. :pimp: can't wait :pimp:

we have a winning season last year, and we become more vocal, and yall get upset because...why again? i guess we kind of sound like...49ers fans? .

You just don't get it do you champ. It's not about how many wiins which team has had over the last 10 years, that's not the point of my statement. It's about you and or your team being recognized and being notable, be it here on out or even from the past. The Texans are trying to get there, in comparison the 49ers are already there, and have already been there. If you walk into any sports store outside of Texas will there be any Texans merchandise for sell, I say chances are slim to none. Like I said earlier, your owner could move your team today or tomorrow and just like that you would go from the Houston Texans to the El Segundo Montereys...........and hardly anybody would care or raise concern. Texan fans are still learning the ropes for the most part and it would behoove you to do so. Again, the Texans have a good solid team, and I actually like their fanbase on here for the most part.

how does your championships in the 80s make your 2012 team notable?

we're arguing 2 different things here. yeah, your franchise has had success other franchises (like mine) can only dream of. that doesn't change the product on today's field. you're telling me about how big the 49ers brand is. i dont give a $%^&. i'm telling you the texans are one of the best teams in the NFL right now, and you're response is to be humble because my franchise hasn't built a big enough brand yet. if i can't be vocal because my team hasn't won in our history, than how come you have admittedly been so vocal about your franchise knowing you haven't done anything since 2003?

Am I being cocky? Maybe? But a healthy Matt last year and we beat the ravens, hell I think the pats as well.

I've never said anything outrageous about my franchise.

Personally I don't mind you being cocky about your team, shows great pride which is fine with me. I think your statement from early would have been better phrased had you said " I think we were a healthy QB away from going to the Super Bowl" All things considered like I said earlier, the Texans have a good solid team and I actually can see them making that turn this year and playing for bigger and better things.

The only team that worries me in the AFC are the pats, why? Because like shown last week when Brady wants to he'll turn it out.

Regarding the Pats that's a fair point, but your not worried about the Ravens by chance??

whether or not people would notice if my team disappeared of the face of the earth or not, it doesn't change the fact that the texans are a top 3 team in the NFL right now. you can't take that away from them for a lack of a history. i just don't understand this notion of, you don't have a traditionally winning franchise, so even though your team is doing great right now, you have to stay humble and quiet.

and another thing, how have i not been humble? i'm not guaranteeing superbowls over here. im stating facts. the texans are 4-0 and atop the AFC.

how does your championships in the 80s make your 2012 team notable?
we're arguing 2 different things here. yeah, your franchise has had success other franchises (like mine) can only dream of. that doesn't change the product on today's field. you're telling me about how big the 49ers brand is. i dont give a $%^&. i'm telling you the texans are one of the best teams in the NFL right now, and you're response is to be humble because my franchise hasn't built a big enough brand yet. if i can't be vocal because my team hasn't won in our history, than how come you have admittedly been so vocal about your franchise knowing you haven't done anything since 2003?

:lol:

I mean, the texans havent even been around that long its not their fault

The only team that worries me in the AFC are the pats, why? Because like shown last week when Brady wants to he'll turn it out.

Regarding the Pats that's a fair point, but your not worried about the Ravens by chance??

i worry about them, but not too much. we outplayed them in the playoffs last year with a rookie QB. unfortunately that rookie QB turned the ball over i think 4 times? not something you would expect from matt schaub. and looking at their team last year to this year, i don't see too much change other than the loss of terrell suggs and the continued emergence of torrey smith

I
Right now Home field advantage is ours to lose. The only team that worries me in the AFC are the pats, why? Because like shown last week when Brady wants to he'll turn it out.

Could your schedule get any easier? I mean honestly. You face 4 playoff teams ALL YEAR. Ravens Pats Bears Packers. Broncos don't have enough recent playoff history to be included. Your division is nothing but scrubs. Texans are being gift wrapped the 1st seed. They could sneak in the playoffs with their bench starting. It's that disgusting how much of a cake walk you guys have it. Yeah i get it, you didn't pick the schedule. But align your perspective with reality and pipe down.

Anything less than 12-4 is an embarrassment for the Texans.

12-4 would be a disappointment if those 4 loses are to the teams you mentioned.

Don't down play the Broncos cause many people picked the to win their division.

Lions made the playoffs last year as well.

People expected the bills to play a lot better and who knows of they will by the time they come to play.

Vikings aren't looking like a cake walk, look what they did to San Fran

And Luck and his colts could very well steal one.

Nothing is given in the NFL.

I

Could your schedule get any easier? I mean honestly. You face 4 playoff teams ALL YEAR. Ravens Pats Bears Packers. Broncos don't have enough recent playoff history to be included. Your division is nothing but scrubs. Texans are being gift wrapped the 1st seed. They could sneak in the playoffs with their bench starting. It's that disgusting how much of a cake walk you guys have it. Yeah i get it, you didn't pick the schedule. But align your perspective with reality and pipe down.

Ahh, the schedule thing. It's funny how starting 4-0 can make that perception huh? When the schedules came out, though the Texans were coming off a breakout season, the schedule was still looking brutal with 3 of the NFC North teams, along with the Ravens and Pats, Peyton taking over for Tebow, and a Titans team that had finished 9-7, and "could easily sneak up on the Texans". Now that nearly all of those teams have some types of major flaws exposed in their wins/losses, suddenly "[our] schedule couldn't get any easier". Comments like that never cease to amaze me :lol: :lol:

Peaks and valley's baby. It's coming up on week 5 and people think they got things figured out. Happens every year...There's a team out there that's gonna get hot towards the end of the season and make a run while there might be a team that looks good right now that will stumble some. And in no way should last be an indicator of things to come for this year.

Not saying it's any team inparticular, but you guys should all know how these things work at this point. Lots of football to be played.

Last edited:
I

explain "align your perspective and pipe down". yes our schedule appears like a cake walk, but every team gets gimme games. what sets teams apart is how you play those "scrub teams". you're right, we can't control who is on our schedule. all we can do is play them, and so far the texans have beat them down. they've held a 20 point lead in the 4th quarter of every game they've played.

for comparison purposes. we all agree the browns are garbage right? but the ravens and philly didn't just cruise past them did they? the texans are playing garbage teams AND cruising past the, without any hiccups. there has to be something said about that right?

and i don't see it in terms of "anything less than 12-4 is an embarrassment". i'm hoping anything less than an AFC championship game appearance is an embarrassment for all the reasons you stated.

Last season with a healthy QB we make it to the Super Bowl

Just stating facts right? Right?

i'm the one who you're making the jab at, but i'm not the one who made that comment.

Ahh, the schedule thing. It's funny how starting 4-0 can make that perception huh? When the schedules came out, though the Texans were coming off a breakout season, the schedule was still looking brutal with 3 of the NFC North teams, along with the Ravens and Pats, Peyton taking over for Tebow, and a Titans team that had finished 9-7, and "could easily sneak up on the Texans". Now that nearly all of those teams have some types of major flaws exposed in their wins/losses, suddenly "[our] schedule couldn't get any easier". Comments like that never cease to amaze me :lol: :lol:

2012 NFL strength of schedule
April, 12, 2012
Apr 12
1:46
PM ET
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com

Recommend2K
Tweet165
Comments2K
Email
Print

2012 NFL Strength of Schedule By Team

A look at the most difficult schedules in 2012 (based on opponents' 2011 record).
Rank Team Combined W-L Record Winning Pct. Games vs. Quality Opp.**
1 N.Y. Giants* 140-116 .547 7
2 Denver* 139-117 .543 7
3 Cleveland 135-121 .527 7
4 St. Louis 134-122 .523 5
4 Baltimore* 134-122 .523 7
6 San Diego 133-123 .520 6
7 Philadelphia 132-124 .516 8
8 Minnesota 131-125 .512 7
8 Arizona 131-125 .512 6
10 Carolina 130-126 .508 5
11 Seattle 129-127 .504 5
11 Dallas 129-127 .504 7
11 New Orleans* 129-127 .504 5
14 Jacksonville 128-128 .500 8
14 Cincinnati* 128-128 .500 5
14 Pittsburgh* 128-128 .500 6
14 Indianapolis 128-128 .500 7
18 Oakland 127-129 .496 5
18 Miami 127-129 .496 6
20 N.Y. Jets 126-130 .492 6
20 Kansas City 126-130 .492 5
20 Chicago 126-130 .492 7
20 Detroit* 126-130 .492 6
24 Washington 125-131 .488 7
24 Atlanta* 125-131 .488 4
24 San Francisco* 125-131 .488 5
27 Tampa Bay 124-132 .484 5
28 Tennessee 123-133 .480 6
29 Houston* 121-135 .473 6
29 Buffalo 121-135 .473 5
31 Green Bay* 120-136 .469 7
32 New England* 116-140 .453 4
* 2011 playoff team.
** Quality opponents are teams that had at least nine wins in 2011.

Since always :pimp:
Worry about Alex smith winning you a game, ours knows how to :pimp:

Actually, your QB is 36-32 as a starter and he's never won a playoff game.

Might want to pump the brakes...

right, because wins and losses always fall on the quarterback. not on an overall lack of talent, and a year with the worst defense in the history of the NFL.

and my quarterback has thrown for 4300 yards twice and yours just got to 3000 for the first time last year.

*waits for comment about alex smith's 456789 different offensive coordinators in 456789 years*

oh and for the record, alex smith is 34-35. soooooooooooooooo much better than matt schaub

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom