pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

tim-tebow-jesus-jersey-300x225.jpg

6a00d8341c5bb353ef0134899cb209970c-pi

I see you Tebow

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Anyways, did you hear the announcer say "That's a wolverine feeding a Buckeye for the touchdown" on the Ponder-Jenkins pass.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I thought he said something along the lines of "Thats a buckeye over a wolverine" on the TD that Jenkins caught over Wood
Oh maybe that was it. 
laugh.gif
Man I had a 102 temp yesterday I probably missed a few things.
laugh.gif

Anyways, did you hear the announcer say "That's a wolverine feeding a Buckeye for the touchdown" on the Ponder-Jenkins pass.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I thought he said something along the lines of "Thats a buckeye over a wolverine" on the TD that Jenkins caught over Wood
That makes more sense Ponder played for FSU

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Oh maybe that was it. 
laugh.gif
Man I had a 102 temp yesterday I probably missed a few things.
laugh.gif
That's what i heard as well...something like a Buckeye beating a Wolverine for that TD.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Not sure why so many dudes in here are set on 16-0 for the Pack after that performance.

They were one Christian Ponder throw away from possibly losing.
laugh.gif

*shrugs*
Seems like way more people who aren't Pack fans (on NT and otherwise) are talking 16-0

Im accustomed to dropping a stupid game to a bad team every year... I say we go 14-2.... If we did somehow make it to 16-0 Itll make a pretty god damn stressful January-February for me.
y'all packer fans just trying not to jinx it...but you're ALL thinking it. just looking at your schedule...only a couple areas you may slip up. but man they way you guys are playing...#$!$ isn't really close. ponder made it interesting for half a game, but it really wasn't in doubt imo that y'all were winning that game.
Even though odds are we will drop at least one game, I expect us to go undefeated because its been so long since we've lost. Also because I think the team is that talented.
Any game lost under Rodgers will feel like the end of the season to me. When looking at teams ceiling, any lost game is a failure. 

IF we do get to that point I really have no idea if McCarthy would bench Rodgers or not. He does have a concussion history so why risk it, at the same time like I said before, with this teams ceiling why not go for perfect. McCarthy is constantly talking about ways to stay motivated and talking about the Packers history to the players on how to be great, become legends, etc. So yea I really dont know what he'll do.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by ssjjfar

Well colts the way they looking now are atrocious, but next year he would get to sit behind and watch peyton play for a few years and have a smoother transition into NFL, whereas in miami he will be expected, by fans anyways, to be playing from his rookie year. Steve young and aaron rodgers had it nice.

you do know he wasn't drafted by san fran, right?
It wasn't a matter of where he was drafted, it was him backing up Joe Montana before he became full time starter and then becoming one of the best QBs ever. Similar to Aaron Rodgers playing behind Farve before being the starter and then becoming one of the best in the league.

If only there was still a UFL maybe Luck would go there like Young instead of the lolDolphins, and then just wait a bit and than enter a supplemental draft.......
roll.gif

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Not sure why so many dudes in here are set on 16-0 for the Pack after that performance.

They were one Christian Ponder throw away from possibly losing.
laugh.gif

*shrugs*
Seems like way more people who aren't Pack fans (on NT and otherwise) are talking 16-0

Im accustomed to dropping a stupid game to a bad team every year... I say we go 14-2.... If we did somehow make it to 16-0 Itll make a pretty god damn stressful January-February for me.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I remember that play, he said a Buckey on a Wolverine. Wolverine as in Woodson. I was
indifferent.gif
until I thought for a second.

Asante Samuel has heard the whispers, and he's not happy about them.

The Eagles' Pro Bowl cornerback, who has been on the trading block since this summer and whose name resurfaced in trade rumors Tuesday, said the talk "doesn't sit well with me."

YONG KIM / Staff Photographer
The Eagles Asante Samuel says talk of a trade will not affect his play on the football field.
Latest Eagles Photos
Eagles 20, ******** 13 Bills 31, Eagles 24 49ers 24, Eagles 23

"I've been nothing but what they expected me to be when they brought me there - 22, 23 interceptions over my years, broke playoff records. Obviously they don't want me there, so life goes on," Samuel told WPEN-FM (97.5) on Saturday. "We'll see where I'll be at."

This isn't the first time Samuel has voiced displeasure with seemingly being the odd man out of the Eagles' talented cornerback corps. But it is the most forceful he has been, and his comments come as the Eagles approach a three-game home stretch that will be crucial to their chances of getting back into the playoff race.

Samuel said, "As long as I'm getting paid, I'm going to do my job. I come out there on Sundays and do my job, then every Tuesday I get paid. I look at my check and say, 'Hey, this is what I'm here for - to make these checks and support my family.'

"They can do all the talking they want," he said.

He added, "Asante Samuel is a business entity first, so I make sure I handle my business accordingly."

The Eagles first began taking offers for Samuel during training camp, after trading for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and signing Nnamdi Asomugha.

Looking at the new corner talent, Samuel said then: "If they're tired of my big playmaking ability, maybe they'll ship me out."

In September he told reporters that for 2011-12 he is an Eagle, but after that, "I don't know what's going to happen."

Samuel said that after the trade rumors went public, it was clear to everyone where he stands with the team and "that's 'not going to leave.' "

Samuel has been a prolific ball hawk for the Eagles, picking off 23 passes since arriving in 2008. But he is 30, and in the next two seasons his $5.9 million base salary grows to $8.4 million and then $10.4 million. He also has only one interception this year, and offenses have been exploiting his habit of giving receivers big cushions so he can look back at the quarterback.

Asomugha, signed to a five-year, $60 million deal, isn't going anywhere, and though Rodgers-Cromartie has disappointed, he is five years younger than Samuel and scheduled to make just $1.1 million next year.

The Eagles also like young cornerbacks Brandon Hughes and Curtis Marsh, so there seems to be little room for an expensive veteran such as Samuel, especially if his numbers dip.

The team listened to offers for Samuel in the offseason and again Tuesday, at the trading deadline. They would obviously prefer to deal Samuel and get something in return instead of cutting him, but his salary could prove to be a stumbling block.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^ I'm not sure as to why a lot of people think Luck will avoid the Draft simply because he doesn't want to play in Miami. By next year, you know that they'll have a new coach in place and it's most likely going to be Bill Cowher. Especially if they end up with the #1 pick. Besides, Miami's warm weather is a great place for quarterbacks....I'd go there, easily.

If Cowher is the coach, that's one thing. They still have a lot of work to do.

If our last game is over at 1:30, by 1:31 that front office will be CLEARED out, be it them being fired, or fired upon, either way, they're done. 

So whatever QB gets picked in the top 5 by us, will have a new coach/GM and a complete rebuild.  Sell off any spare parts we can, get 9-10 picks in the draft, and move on.  That's my hope anyways.  We've screwed up about 20 drafts since 83, hopefully the new crew knows how to scout good talent and make good picks. 
ohwell.gif

If you're looking for draft picks, if Reggie Bush was cool with playing here and if I was Mike or Marv. I'd give you a 3rd and late pick. Like a 3rd and 5th or 6th. Or just a 3rd or 4th if I could.

RKO2004 wrote:

651akathePaul wrote:

^ I'm not sure as to why a lot of people think Luck will avoid the Draft simply because he doesn't want to play in Miami. By next year, you know that they'll have a new coach in place and it's most likely going to be Bill Cowher. Especially if they end up with the #1 pick. Besides, Miami's warm weather is a great place for quarterbacks....I'd go there, easily.

If Cowher is the coach, that's one thing. They still have a lot of work to do.

If our last game is over at 1:30, by 1:31 that front office will be CLEARED out, be it them being fired, or fired upon, either way, they're done. 

So whatever QB gets picked in the top 5 by us, will have a new coach/GM and a complete rebuild.  Sell off any spare parts we can, get 9-10 picks in the draft, and move on.  That's my hope anyways.  We've screwed up about 20 drafts since 83, hopefully the new crew knows how to scout good talent and make good picks. 
ohwell.gif

If you're looking for draft picks, if Reggie Bush was cool with playing here and if I was Mike or Marv. I'd give you a 3rd and late pick. Like a 3rd and 5th or 6th. Or just a 3rd or 4th if I could.

What the hell are we going to do with Reggie Bush in a division where they play smash mouth football? No way in hell I'd use a 3rd round pick to bring Bush to the AFC North.

Originally Posted by ssjjfar

It wasn't a matter of where he was drafted, it was him backing up Joe Montana before he became full time starter and then becoming one of the best QBs ever. Similar to Aaron Rodgers playing behind Farve before being the starter and then becoming one of the best in the league.

If only there was still a UFL maybe Luck would go there like Young instead of the lolDolphins, and then just wait a bit and than enter a supplemental draft.......
roll.gif
was more referring to the tampa years.. but dude lucked out by getting off that time and being sent to san fran.. and san fran obviously got a steal out of the deal (didn't realize he only played in 19 games in tampa before he got shipped out)

Originally Posted by AG 47

He added, "Asante Samuel is a business entity first, so I make sure I handle my business accordingly."

yup, dude should have been traded.. and is def gone after the season

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

ohwell.gif

What the hell are we going to do with Reggie Bush in a division where they play smash mouth football? No way in hell I'd use a 3rd round pick to bring Bush to the AFC North.

Chill. This is only after we somehow draft Trent Richardson. We have Bernard Scott. 5'10 and what 200-205. Reggie wouldn't be the every down back. Utility player. James Brooks ringing bells? Yes its the account north but if we are in the position to add and stock talent, then a 3rd or 4th isn't crazy. I think he could be had for a 4th though.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Reggie Bush is still in the league?

Well in that case, a 5th or 6th. Point being is I think he has a lot left provided the right team and chance. Realistically we are nearing an area where we need play makers. Tell me he wouldn't be a good pickup for a 4th-6th?

Here's a question...What happened to Monday Night Football?

MNF has been horrible the past 1 1/2 years and probably longer. I didn't even watch tonight and it was still the same result. MNF used to be the premiere matchup every week, or so it seemed. Now, it's all garbage...Including Tirico.

Originally Posted by BadaBing

MNF has been horrible the past 1 1/2 years and probably longer. I didn't even watch tonight and it was still the same result. MNF used to be the premiere matchup every week, or so it seemed. Now, it's all garbage...Including Tirico.

The games have been decent overall. NFL needs better scheduling. Jets and Chargers should have been on. Jets and Miami? Who thought that would be good?

Originally Posted by BadaBing

I think it started when they started adding clowns like Dennis Miller. He was so off the charts bad I thought they would never make that mistake again. I was wrong they brought in Kornheiser who I like on PTI but he was a train wreck on MNF. The overall quality of the product went down when they brought in those two. Gruden and Jaws are nice except when they would put on their knee pads for Favre, Brady, Manning etc. MNF will never be what it once was.

Jags defense has BEEN playing good....once the offense straights out we'll be aight...I wanna see us add a bonafide playmaker in the draft

Back
Top Bottom