NFL Week 8 In Review...

As bad as that O-line is, #12 holds the ball too long at times...and that's part of what's causing the problems...how do you get sacked 31 times and you're not even halfway through your games?
You can hold onto the ball "too long" if you make plays, see Ben Roethlisberger. I'll take the few sacks a game that he takes sincehe makes 5 more while holding the ball and running around/looking downfield. But don't just hold the ball, make a play with it.

Welcome back VY
smokin.gif

Drew Brees ups > Miles Austin's
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

As bad as that O-line is, #12 holds the ball too long at times...and that's part of what's causing the problems...how do you get sacked 31 times and you're not even halfway through your games?
You can hold onto the ball "too long" if you make plays, see Ben Roethlisberger. I'll take the few sacks a game that he takes since he makes 5 more while holding the ball and running around/looking downfield. But don't just hold the ball, make a play with it.
Yea there is some validity to this, Rodgers leads the league with plays of 40+ and also in average at 8.8...

I wanna see him pull the ball down more and use his feet... hes got above average speed for a QB and 9 times out of 10 picks up solid yardage on the ground.

Im also glad he doesnt force a lot of throws like Favre used to do... Rodgers has only 3 TO's to his some 16 TD's this year... ill take that anyday.

Originally Posted by Jay5

I do think we are close with the Vikings. I think that because our 2 losses were such close games.
Neither of the two were close games.
smh.gif

The Vikings manhandled and outplayed the Packers for 6 of the 8 quarters we've gone against each other this year....you cannot deny that. In both games wewere absolutely dominating and then you made a comeback...but you were never within a FG of our lead on either of those comebacks. Please don't try to sayyou were "in" EITHER of the two games because you weren't
laugh.gif

We beat you by 7 in the first game, 16 in the second game....

Minnesota is on a whole different level than the Packers.

Dude, yea the Vikings are better i know that.
We lost by 12, with like 6 minutes to go we were down 4. You defiantly man handled us for most of the game. But there was a good portion of the game where youcouldnt stop us. It took us a while to get going.

Many little things killed us. The headbut, not executing on Favres fumble, those 2 plays where we were sooo close to picking Favre off when we got to him.

Again, the Vikings are better no denying that, but the games were close. If being down by 4 points in the 4th qaurter, comeback or not, isnt close. Then i dontknow what to say.

Edit: I see we were down 5 with 10 minutes to go. Which was when Grant dropped the 2 point conversion to make the game within a FG
sick.gif

The fact that you say "The Packers are a half-step behind the Vikings" is utterly laughable.

You haven't beaten ONE quality team yet...here are your four wins

-Chicago (Jay Cutler throws 4 picks and you need the game to go to OT to win AT home
roll.gif
)
-St. Louis
-Detroit
-Cleveland

Quality teams we have beaten: San Francisco, Baltimore and a team you say is "a half-step behind the Vikings" the Packers TWO times.

Are you serious? A half-step behind us? Give me a god damn break
laugh.gif

Take your homerism elsewhere....maybe to that Packers thread that has about as much traffic as the most of the locked threads on here
laugh.gif
smh.gif

True, but your the only qaulity team we have played.
Both times we played you we were within a TD in the 4th qaurter both games. Thats why i say that.

If you win the turnover battle 2-0 at home and still lose by double digits, you're more than half a step behind a team. Especially when that's thesecond time you lost to that team in a month.

Originally Posted by Jay5

True, but your the only qaulity team we have played.
Cincinnati's not a quality team? Ya'll played them at Lambeau too
smh.gif

I forgot about Cinci. I remember we got hammered with criticism for losing to them.

youngmoney, i said a while ago the Vikings are better.
Im just saying down 5 points in the 4th qaurter is a close game.

The only thing this dude Jay5 has on his side is the scoring log
laugh.gif

I swear this dude doesn't even sound like he watched the game(s)....

The Lions don't win another game all year
roll.gif

On our way to another number 1 overall pick

yea man i know what your saying but were you expecting anything different from these guys

i know we can take them to...it'll just have to wait for the playoffs...see you then

What would be the value for Steven Jackson in a trade ?

I know the trade deadline passed, but im just curious ?

Originally Posted by WILLINC

What would be the value for Steven Jackson in a trade ?

I know the trade deadline passed, but im just curious ?
considering his age, and the miles on him, i think a 2nd pick.......

if its the raiders, 2 1st rounders
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

answer me this, you are one of the 10 other players in the huddle on a last drive ... who would you rather look at, brett favre or erin rogers?
laugh.gif
cant even believe im comparing that flake to favre ... learn how to get rid of the ball and maybe you wouldnt wake up with a sprained big toe lmao ... +%@%%%@ *@%** ...
one thing i will say. What sucess you think favre would have had the past 2 years with this year? ya favre is having success with the Vikings butthey have built the offense on high efficiency passing which makes sense. But if he was with the Packers, the INT numbers would be crazy, the sacks would behigher, and you would all be laughing that he is still out quarterback when Rodgers was getting his feet wet with another team.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

The Lions don't win another game all year
roll.gif

On our way to another number 1 overall pick

mad.gif
Yall don't even need it, just going to blow it on another WR
alien.gif

-Matt Ryan has hit the ill sophomore slump. 5 TDs, 7 INTs, 52% completion, 60.3 passer rating over the last 3 weeks.

packers and falcons miss the playoffs this year ... 3 teams from the east going ... prove all the nfc east naysayers wrong again ...

Back
Top Bottom