NFL Week 8 In Review...

Panthers, Lions and Chiefs are the benefactors this year. All teams with talent, but just needed to plug in a few voids and play a couple confidence boosters. the NFC East

Yup.

Last edited:
Calvin. :smh:

Soon, we'll need to have a serious talk about that man and his place. Soon.

Marvin Jones.

I have no problem with Dez being heated. Not sure what was said, or the context, but I have no problem with him being pissed about things not going as they should.

If Cobb comes back, and Jordy and Lacy keep playing well, and they get Clay back, GB is gonna be a problem. 50 of 53 players only played on the Pack. ******g insane. :wow:

RG3 spending some time in the hot tub this week me thinks.

Drew Brees, nice and quiet. Jimmy Graham only plays a few snaps, 3 grabs, 2 tubs. *yawns*

Buffalo has a ton of heart.

Good for Ellington. Hope they get a QB to rid the league of Carson Palmer once and for all.

Do not try to intercept passes on Tom Brady. At least not in New England. They call that PI around there. :lol:

Olsen, Gore twice, Graham twice, and Hankerson all scratch for the U.

Raiders have #4 Rushing Defense :wow: I honesty did not see this coming. They are really playing well

Amazing. Not like we've been blowing teams out either so that opponents have to abandon the run. Maybe now the McKenzie critics would quiet down for a bit. Props to Coach Allen and Jason Tarver for getting the D in order.

eyes.gif
roll.gif

Calvin. :smh:

Soon, we'll need to have a serious talk about that man and his place. Soon.

I'm going to go ahead and expedite this because since last year I have felt strongly that I'm watching the greatest WR of all-time. Nothing has changed my mind. When you piece together a WR, you don't need to add Carter's hands, Randy's deep threat ability, Rice'swork ethic, etc. because Calvin has all of it already. The best part of it all is that his physical prowess doesn't lead to just potential. He actually produces. And he produces on a level I've never seen. Don't care that they throw 50 times a game. The level of difficulty with which he catches on a consistent basis is unreal.

Best ever.

Last edited:
I'm going to go ahead and expedite this because since last year I have felt strongly that I'm watching the greatest WR of all-time. Nothing has changed my mind. When you piece together a WR, you don't need to add Carter's hands, Randy's deep threat ability, Rice'swork ethic, etc. because Calvin has all of it already. The best part of it all is that his physical prowess doesn't lead to just potential. He actually produces. And he produces on a level I've never seen. Don't care that they throw 50 times a game. The level of difficulty with which he catches on a consistent basis is unreal.

Best ever.

Should probably start a new thread on CJ's place...it could get REAL interesting. I've never seen anything like him. Randy Moss was a physical freak, but CJ (to me) is on another level.

Going back to something you said earlier (about not trading AD), why would the Vikings hold on to him? Team seems like they are in limbo and he is in his late 20's. His value probably won't be any higher than it is right now and he'd bring back a ridiculous return. This is a deep draft coming up, and the Vikings could fill a lot of needs if draft picks are included in any deal for AD. Obviously I'm on the outside looking in, but I would trade him for two reasons....

1. The return

2. Do AD a solid and put him on a contending squad.

Marvin Jones flashed last year before a knee injury, and draftniks loved him coming out. Glad to see him putting it together consistently these last few weeks. Bengals get Andrew Hawkins back either this week or next week too.

Marvin Jones flashed last year before a knee injury, and draftniks loved him coming out. Glad to see him putting it together consistently these last few weeks. Bengals get Andrew Hawkins back either this week or next week too.

:pimp: I'm glad to see him doing well. Very Underrated when he was at Cal

:pimp: I'm glad to see him doing well. Very Underrated when he was at Cal

Don't forget CJ Andersen. Went undrafted but obviously the Broncos thought highly of him by keeping him in the roster even though he was injured before the season.

He had some nice flashes out there with his first 4 carries of his career yesterday. Looks like a nice change of pace back to give Montee and Moreno a breather here and there going forward.

Tom Brady gets a pass because of his past success, just like Belicheck gets a pass for his behavior because of his past success (always hilarious to see disciples like Mangini, Schiano, or McDaniels try to pull off the "patriot way").

Fair or not.

“He’s never complained to me about getting the ball. He knows that the ball is going to go where it’s supposed to. When you guys sometimes see emotions from Dez, it’s just trying to ‘rah rah’ more than it is being a ‘me’ guy.”

What is he suppose to say "Dez always complains, he's such a baby."?

I own Dez in my FF, so I complain weekly he doesnt get the ball enough. :lol:

Best ever.

Should probably start a new thread on CJ's place...it could get REAL interesting. I've never seen anything like him. Randy Moss was a physical freak, but CJ (to me) is on another level.

Going back to something you said earlier (about not trading AD), why would the Vikings hold on to him? Team seems like they are in limbo and he is in his late 20's. His value probably won't be any higher than it is right now and he'd bring back a ridiculous return. This is a deep draft coming up, and the Vikings could fill a lot of needs if draft picks are included in any deal for AD. Obviously I'm on the outside looking in, but I would trade him for two reasons....

1. The return

2. Do AD a solid and put him on a contending squad.

This isn't Herschel Walker though. And it goes with the assumption that the Vikings would then hit on every single pick that they would be receiving. That's a huge risk in itself. You don't just trade the best RB in the game to appease NFL fans who want to see him on a contender. People act like AP has never had chances to win in Minnesota. He's been to the playoffs 3 times and they went deep in 2009. In fact, if AP wasn't a fumbling bum boy in the 2009 NFCCG, he just may have gotten his ring.

There's also the fact that teams with talent like Minnesota can be right back in the thick of things next year. Get a Q, fill some holes in the secondary and bam!...back to a 10-win team and probably more. I'm so against this chicken little thought process just because AP is slowly creeping in age. He's got at least 3-5 more years of prime football. That is a long time in this game and still gives the Vikes one last shot do this right and get a QB and take this team to the damn Super Bowl.

To numer 2 up there...No. That's what football fans want to see today, but tomorrow Vikings fans and their front office know they can see the same thing, but with him still wearing purple. Should the Lions have traded Calvin last year simply because of a "potential" ROI and let football fans see him on a playoff team? I don't think so. One year later and they're back to being playoff bound and no one is having that discussion. Trade AP is a snap reaction and not a sound football decision.

Last edited:
Tom Brady gets a pass because of his past success, just like Belicheck gets a pass for his behavior because of his past success (always hilarious to see disciples like Mangini, Schiano, or McDaniels try to pull off the "patriot way").

Fair or not.

Speaking of Schiano/Belichick...this was from a few days ago, and it's hilarious:

But the very best part of the report is an account of Schiano turning into Bill Belichick's lapdog while their teams shared a practice facility in the offseason:

"He gathered us before we practiced and told us that if Belichick said something to us on the field, we should listen," one current Bucs player recalls. "He said, 'Treat their coaches like they're your coaches.' We were like, 'Huh?' When we practiced together, whatever Belichick wanted, he did. It was hilarious — here (Schiano) is, acting like Mr. Tough Guy all the time, and when Belichick wanted something he was like, 'Yes, Bill.' "

Bennett, who laughs at the recollection, put it this way: "He's trying to be Belichick. Yeah, some people think Belichick's an (expletive), but he's a legend. When this guy acts that way, it's a whole different deal."

Link

:lol: :smh:

Fair or not.

Speaking of Schiano/Belichick...this was from a few days ago, and it's hilarious:

But the very best part of the report is an account of Schiano turning into Bill Belichick's lapdog while their teams shared a practice facility in the offseason:

"He gathered us before we practiced and told us that if Belichick said something to us on the field, we should listen," one current Bucs player recalls. "He said, 'Treat their coaches like they're your coaches.' We were like, 'Huh?' When we practiced together, whatever Belichick wanted, he did. It was hilarious — here (Schiano) is, acting like Mr. Tough Guy all the time, and when Belichick wanted something he was like, 'Yes, Bill.' "

Bennett, who laughs at the recollection, put it this way: "He's trying to be Belichick. Yeah, some people think Belichick's an (expletive), but he's a legend. When this guy acts that way, it's a whole different deal."

Link

:lol: :smh:

bill :pimp:

One more thing...The Vikings can trade Jared Allen and get a middle round pick that they can package to move into having two first rounders, similar to what they did last year. Get their QB, with what will be a top 5 pick and then get a playmaking LB with the next pick. A couple FA DB's and I swear to you that they're back into the playoffs.

Last edited:
Megatron is physically the GOAT and when its all said and done will become the GOAT imo.

Btw, I'm backing up Dez 110%. The playcalling is trash.

Jordy Nelson :x :lol:
Dez needs the ball more, its a joke he only gets 3 targets
Seahawks basically get an extra bye week

This isn't Herschel Walker though. And it goes with the assumption that the Vikings would then hit on every single pick that they would be receiving. That's a huge risk in itself. You don't just trade the best RB in the game to appease NFL fans who want to see him on a contender. People act like AP has never had chances to win in Minnesota. He's been to the playoffs 3 times and they went deep in 2009. In fact, if AP wasn't a fumbling bum boy in the 2009 NFCCG, he just may have gotten his ring.

There's also the fact that teams with talent like Minnesota can be right back in the thick of things next year. Get a Q, fill some holes in the secondary and bam!...back to a 10-win team and probably more. I'm so against this chicken little thought process just because AP is slowly creeping in age. He's got at least 3-5 more years of prime football. That is a long time in this game and still gives the Vikes one last shot do this right and get a QB and take this team to the damn Super Bowl.

To numer 2 up there...No. That's what football fans want to see today, but tomorrow Vikings fans and their front office know they can see the same thing, but with him still wearing purple. Should the Lions have traded Calvin last year simply because of a "potential" ROI and let football fans see him on a playoff team? I don't think so. One year later and they're back to being playoff bound and no one is having that discussion. Trade AP is a snap reaction and not a sound football decision.

So, what's the direction of the Vikings? Is it worth keeping AD on the roster so four years from now they can get back to being competitive and he's 32? There are a lot of problems with the team. If AD wasn't there, you'd probably be looking at a team that would be almost as poor as Jacksonville. On top of it all, for as much of a freak AD is, he's going to be 30 in a year and a half. The window is closing on him. Right now his stock is at an all-time high and he'd bring back a crazy return. I think it is at least something for the Vikes to consider.

The Bengals have arrived 

Dolphins got jerked (II) pretty badly yesterday

Stafford with the self called sneak 
pimp.gif

Sean Lee kept Dallas in the game cause the offense couldnt do squat.

Dont knock Dez one bit for what he did

#81 simply amazing

Take care of business Seattle...Percy is almost home 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom