NFL Wild-Card Weekend In Review....

You mean you're going to drive traffic to my site in an attempt to "get me"?
Drive traffic? LOL.

Obama could mention your site during the State of the Union address and still no one would visit...

Originally Posted by S4L3

Drive traffic? LOL.

Obama could mention your site during the State of the Union address and still no one would visit...

Oh man, that's cold.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

*andruw Jones gif right here*

Originally Posted by CP1708

Dirk and Marley, I hear both of ya, my question is more along the lines of, was the loud roars of laughter at Romo after JUST his one game, or did it grow louder and louder after each season of let down? Whereas with Rodgers, this is his first letdown, so nobody is really gettin on his case just yet. See what I'm sayin? If A-Rodg does this again next year, I'm pretty sure people will start to clown all over the guy.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it all because of the Cowboys and all that, I'm just lookin at another side, seein if there is another angle is all.
i know with dirk he was laughing all through the seattle game day thread, all through the giants game day thread and cosigning all sorts of photosand .gifs and what not ... i couldnt stand him for that because while i was saying "%*!# romo," he was doing it with other nfc east fans
laugh.gif
... you still gotta have some loyalty to your team i mean %%%$ ... but then thenext year came and then last year in philly ... i couldnt back romo anymore ... i didnt laugh at him, i just couldnt have any faith ... hell, after the firstgame this year i aired him out time and time again ... but after that seattle game EVERYONE was roasting romo ... and it wasnt even on a play where he was thequarterback ... he was doing something that NO starting qb EVER does ... and yet, hes back there doing it again this year ...
pimp.gif

as for erin, what packers team have you been watching? cuz to my recollection the green and gold with favre at the helm went 13-3 in his last year ... andthen, after thompson and mccarthy ran the greatest statistical qb of all time out for the current flake they have now, they went 6-10 ... ... ... ... ... 6-10... ... ... ... thats a failure in my eyes ... getting ousted in your first playoff game because of 2 quarterbacking mistakes YOU made, is considered a failure in my eyes ... getting beat twice by the man whosejob you took because he was "washed up" is a failure in my eyes ... going 17-15 in two seasons while you watch the man you replaced bring a jets teamcoached by eric vangini to somewhat relevance, all while being injured is a failure in my eyes ...

and last but not least, watching brett favre and tony romo face off while you sit at home touting all these "numbers" is a failure in my eyes ...

Originally Posted by S4L3

Drive traffic? LOL.

roll.gif

i need air right now, im in tears

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Dirk and Marley, I hear both of ya, my question is more along the lines of, was the loud roars of laughter at Romo after JUST his one game, or did it grow louder and louder after each season of let down? Whereas with Rodgers, this is his first letdown, so nobody is really gettin on his case just yet. See what I'm sayin? If A-Rodg does this again next year, I'm pretty sure people will start to clown all over the guy.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it all because of the Cowboys and all that, I'm just lookin at another side, seein if there is another angle is all.
i know with dirk he was laughing all through the seattle game day thread, all through the giants game day thread and cosigning all sorts of photos and .gifs and what not ... i couldnt stand him for that because while i was saying "%*!# romo," he was doing it with other nfc east fans
laugh.gif
... you still gotta have some loyalty to your team i mean %%%$ ... but then the next year came and then last year in philly ... i couldnt back romo anymore ... i didnt laugh at him, i just couldnt have any faith ... hell, after the first game this year i aired him out time and time again ... but after that seattle game EVERYONE was roasting romo ... and it wasnt even on a play where he was the quarterback ... he was doing something that NO starting qb EVER does ... and yet, hes back there doing it again this year ...
pimp.gif

as for erin, what packers team have you been watching? cuz to my recollection the green and gold with favre at the helm went 13-3 in his last year ... and then, after thompson and mccarthy ran the greatest statistical qb of all time out for the current flake they have now, they went 6-10 ... ... ... ... ... 6-10 ... ... ... ... thats a failure in my eyes ... getting ousted in your first playoff game because of 2 quarterbacking mistakes YOU made, is considered a failure in my eyes ... getting beat twice by the man whose job you took because he was "washed up" is a failure in my eyes ... going 17-15 in two seasons while you watch the man you replaced bring a jets team coached by eric vangini to somewhat relevance, all while being injured is a failure in my eyes ...

and last but not least, watching brett favre and tony romo face off while you sit at home touting all these "numbers" is a failure in my eyes ...

Did you happen to hear that stat during the game yesterday about the last time Kurt Warner faced the Packers in the playoffs?

The Rams won, as Brett Favre (whom you call the greatest) threw SIX interceptions.

So, considering that this was indeed Aaron's first ever playoff game, I think you can give the kid just a little bit of slack. And last year, was hisfirst full year, 6 - 10 is to be expected don't ya think?

But as I said, if it continues next year, then yeah, you can say all you want, until he gets that first playoff win, there won't be much they can say. I'm just sayin, be easy a lil bit right now.
laugh.gif

i agree. shoes seems to be losing his touch, and with only 1 NFC East team still playing there is just not as much trash talk and banter.

This is the WORST NFL week-in review thread this year.

Both NFC games look more interesting on paper when compared to the AFC, but I do think that Colts Ravens game will be sweet. Good to see the Baltimoreconnection coming into play

CP1708 wrote:
But as I said, if it continues next year, then yeah, you can say all you want, until he gets that first playoff win, there won't be much they can say. I'm just sayin, be easy a lil bit right now.
laugh.gif

what have i been saying for the past 3 posts?
roll.gif
there is noway in hell im letting up after the way romo got it for that seattle game ... hell, i hated erin for years now and yesterday was like icing on the cake ...

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

This is the WORST NFL week-in review thread this year.

with only 4 games and only 1 of them been good you thought it would be a good one?

But just so we're all clear, Romo wins ONE playoff game now, and the Boys fans are in full attack mode?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
If Dallas were to lose than it wouldn't be the end of it, but since we won.. we should calm down, its only ONE playoff game. You guys neversurprise me
laugh.gif

i know with dirk he was laughing all through the seattle game day thread, all through the giants game day thread and cosigning all sorts of photos and .gifs and what not ... i couldnt stand him for that because while i was saying "%*!# romo," he was doing it with other nfc east fans
laugh.gif
... you still gotta have some loyalty to your team i mean %%%$ ... but then the next year came and then last year in philly ... i couldnt back romo anymore ... i didnt laugh at him, i just couldnt have any faith ... hell, after the first game this year i aired him out time and time again ... but after that seattle game EVERYONE was roasting romo ... and it wasnt even on a play where he was the quarterback ... he was doing something that NO starting qb EVER does ... and yet, hes back there doing it again this year ...
pimp.gif

as for erin, what packers team have you been watching? cuz to my recollection the green and gold with favre at the helm went 13-3 in his last year ... and then, after thompson and mccarthy ran the greatest statistical qb of all time out for the current flake they have now, they went 6-10 ... ... ... ... ... 6-10 ... ... ... ... thats a failure in my eyes ... getting ousted in your first playoff game because of 2 quarterbacking mistakes YOU made, is considered a failure in my eyes ... getting beat twice by the man whose job you took because he was "washed up" is a failure in my eyes ... going 17-15 in two seasons while you watch the man you replaced bring a jets team coached by eric vangini to somewhat relevance, all while being injured is a failure in my eyes ...

eek.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

if romo pulled a stunt like rogers did yesterday there would have been 3 threads with .gifs and fail pics ...
They'll never admit it, but that is 100% unquestionably true...
eyes.gif
This place would've EXPLODED if that was Romo..

And you'd be right there throwing dude under the bus along with everybody else...
laugh.gif

I think everyone would admit it, except maybe a few Pack fans. But the difference is that Romo has a history of being an idiot in a big moment, so everyone is expecting it or at least waiting for it. If Rodgers does this kind of thing again next year, guarantee he gets the business for it from here and everywhere else. He's not on Romo's level in that way yet.
grin.gif
THIS. Romo has a HISTORY for bonehead moments in multiple games. Rodgers has a legit one game. If this continues, then I can see where the'Romo-like' bashing can pour on. Until then....he made a couple crucial mistakes last night...but also was the sole reason we got back into that game.Dude lit it up.

Marley....shut up.

I've been a DIEHARD Pack fan....and to slurp Brett the way you do is incredible.

When's the last time we've won a SB!?....1996. And with Brett at the helm until '07.

Favre is one of the greatest players to play the game....but even then....time and time again...i've seen the man personally throw games away for us in theplayoffs. He's thrown some of the most baffling INT's in the playoffs. Yeah, we came off a 13-3 season. But he also threw that GARBAGE INT in OTagainst the Giants. It was a trend you couldn't ignore. Yeah he could get us there. But he would also take us out at the same time.

Rodgers so far is everything I wanted plus more. He needs to work on his clock and get the ball out quicker and that's pretty much it. If this happensagain next year or if we don't make the playoffs, then let's start pouring it on.

Dont even argue with marley... Hes incapable of thinking outside his box of a head at all.

Definition of clown.

why the f are we comparing Rodgers to Romo??

i think we forget that rodgers has only 2 years under his belt...everyone needs to chill

i just dont understand how he can finally turn on a switch and play head and shoulders above the way he played for 2+ seasons ...
Maybe Eli gave him some pointers because thats exactly what happened in '07 with Eli

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

It's pretty simple really. A lot of people have a tendency to hate the most popular things... and I'm not just talking about sports. I have a friend who might like something now, but once it gets big and a lot of people like it, he hates it.

A lot of people like the Cowboys. They're "America's team" after all. The same treatment happens to the Lakers and Yankees. Fans of other teams hate the winners of each respective sport. Although the Cowboys haven't won anything substantial in a while, they still won a bunch in the 90's and seemingly will do anything ($ wise) to win, and haters hate that.

With that said, I hate the Cowboys myself, but I'm objective enough of a sports fan to not have double standards.

But yeah, to answer your question, Nowitness, it's really just the natural actions of "haters" kicking in. They are blinded by their allegiance to their team to see things in an unbiased manner.

I kind of ranted there, but whatever. Just don't take what some of the fools say on here personally.
Most intelligent post in this entire thread. This man speaks the truth. People can't admit it; they just can't because their hate is on awhole other level.

Back
Top Bottom