NFL Wild-Card Weekend In Review....

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
Kurt Warner is a system QB too, right????
nerd.gif

No, because he's played in another team as has been successful
happy.gif

IDK how you can kill Rodgers for the first pick when he pretty much lit the Cards up all @+#%!+$ game till the overtime fumble.

That was his first playoff start and broke a franchise record in passing for a playoff game.

How about that supposed top defense the Packers have take the blame for allowing 51 damn points.

Oh, and Jets will win next week vs San Diego, and Cards beat the Saints.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

This is not a lie and has nothing to do with the wildcard week in review. I punched a MIT student in the face at the bar on Friday night.
I'm guessin' he looked like KLJ or he said something slick about Welker.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

--As for the Patroits, see what happens when you don't have a camera to help you.......
laugh.gif
Do you honestly believe that's the reason they struggled this season? Let's see how much football you really know...

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I think everyone would admit it, except maybe a few Pack fans. But the difference is that Romo has a history of being an idiot in a big moment, so everyone is expecting it or at least waiting for it. If Rodgers does this kind of thing again next year, guarantee he gets the business for it from here and everywhere else. He's not on Romo's level in that way yet.
grin.gif
This place exploded the minute Tony botched the snap and it never let up... How come Tony never got the "Oh, that's just bad luck"treatment from any of you after that Seattle game, despite the fact that dropping the snap had nothing to do with Tony Romo as a QUARTERBACK...? All we hear isAaron Rodgers has only started 30 football games, somebody should have picked up that blitz, it's not his fault he played a great game and had greatstats... Why is that treatment cool now but when myself and other Cowboys fans tried to use it for Romo, everybody (including many of these same Packer fans)said we were homers and idiots?
eyes.gif

It's because one plays for the Dallas Cowboys and the other plays for the Green Bay Packers... I get it. It really doesn't bother me. Half the timeI've laughed right along with a lot of the Romo stuff. But let's not act like Tony ever got this same kindatreatment from anybody...
Edit--

Good avy change Nowitness41Dirk , thanks for listening to my suggestion champ.

laugh.gif
I had always said I'd keep that one around til he wona playoff game, but honestly I had completely forgotten until you said something... He just better not drop a snap in Minnesota on a FG that could win thegame...
roll.gif

Glad someone has said they think the Cardinals will get to the NFCCG...I also think they can beat the Saints.

What's w/ the 9er fans rooting Warner on
frown.gif

and the level of difficulty on holding a snap and facing a blitz are different.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

This place exploded the minute Tony botched the snap and it never let up... How come Tony never got the "Oh, that's just bad luck" treatment from any of you after that Seattle game, despite the fact that dropping the snap had nothing to do with Tony Romo as a QUARTERBACK...? All we hear is Aaron Rodgers has only started 30 football games, somebody should have picked up that blitz, it's not his fault he played a great game and had great stats... Why is that treatment cool now but when myself and other Cowboys fans tried to use it for Romo, everybody (including many of these same Packer fans) said we were homers and idiots?
eyes.gif

It's because one plays for the Dallas Cowboys and the other plays for the Green Bay Packers... I get it. It really doesn't bother me. Half the time I've laughed right along with a lot of the Romo stuff. But let's not act like Tony ever got this same kinda treatment from anybody...

that was my point ... and damn right i would have been throwin romo under the bus, but call a spade a spade ... erin rogers has been holding on to the ball toolong for 30 games now ... he hasnt won anything of significance ... he threw an ill advised pass that cost his team 6 points and he also fumbled the seasonaway ... if anyone wants to post that last play and argue that it wasnt erins fault, i would love to go down that road ... but in short, not only did theHORRENDOUS mike adams tip the blitz by running up to the line damn near 30 seconds before the snap, he was also chipped and delayed ... erin rogers cost thegreen bay packers 2 tds ...

its the same with larry fitzgerald in my eyes ... you are up 17-0 with 6 minutes left and your team is driving after a turnover ... you will EASILY score 3points if not a td and run another 3-5 minutes off the clock ... green bay will get the ball down at least 20 with 2 minutes to go in the half and you get theball at half time ... but instead you fumble trying to gain a few extra feet and give the packers hope ... if fitz doesnt do that the game wouldnt have evenbeen close ... yeah he scored 2tds but they wouldnt have been needed if he doesnt cough the ball up ... that fumble changed the entire game from momentum tocompetitiveness ...

%#+@ like that is inexcusable ... %#+@ like erins first pass and fumble at the end is inexcusable ... ball security is probably the most important aspect inthe playoffs and to have one certain great player cough it up and one "supposed" great player give the other team 2 tds is inexcusable ... i didntsee any post game interviews but erin rogers should have accepted ALL of the blame for this L ... you get the ball to set the tone and you hand it right backto arizona on the first play?! ... #**$*+# bone headed ... you get the ball first in OT and you "miss" a protection call, hold the ball too long andkick it to the other team? where they do that at?

But just so we're all clear, Romo wins ONE playoff game now, and the Boys fans are in full attack mode?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I mean, he jumped that hurdle, he and Wade got the monkey off their back, but suddenly people are in full throat here clamorin for props and praise, maybe weshould just slow down a little bit til he wins some more eh?

Either way, Favre vs Romo, one of them is going to have a real bad offseason hearing stuff, the other one could have a nice shot at a super bowl.

The 4 NFC QB's are HUGE story lines right now. Whoever gets in.

AFC just isn't as juicy in the subplots dept with their 4 QB's.

But just so we're all clear, Romo wins ONE playoff game now, and the Boys fans are in full attack mode?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

But just so we're clear, playoff win or not, I've always been in Romo's corner...
laugh.gif

I guess that win will validate Tony in some peoples' eyes, but I just think it's ridiculous... Do I think any less of Aaron Rodgers because of whathappened yesterday? Hell no... He fumbled that game away in OT but just like Tony Romo, he's still a very good quarterback that is more than capable ofwinning playoff games and he'll likely win several before it's all said and done...

Tony Romo and Aaron Rodgers aren't chokers... Romo was in the same position Rodgers is in now, in that they are very good quarterbacks who are/were onflawed teams at the early stages of their careers and they had to learn to win and be successful late in the season.. Romo to a larger extent than Rodgersearly on, but it's not much different...

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I mean, he jumped that hurdle, he and Wade got the monkey off their back, but suddenly people are in full throat here clamorin for props and praise, maybe we should just slow down a little bit til he wins some more eh?

Either way, Favre vs Romo, one of them is going to have a real bad offseason hearing stuff, the other one could have a nice shot at a super bowl.

The 4 NFC QB's are HUGE story lines right now. Whoever gets in.
point to the post where i (or any cowboys fan) asked for an apology and/or praise for romo and the way yall treat him ... ... ... ... i will bethe first one to admit, i hated that guy up until about 5 weeks ago ... i still dont have faith in him ... i just dont understand how he can finally turn on aswitch and play head and shoulders above the way he played for 2+ seasons ...

that being said, i AM asking for this flake erin rogers to get roasted like a planters peanut ... youre telling me romo didnt put up erin rogers numbers thepast 2-3 seasons? so there goes your "o but look at his stats" argument ... so what is it then? 100% he plays for the cowboys ...

It's pretty simple really. A lot of people have a tendency to hate the most popular things... and I'm not just talking about sports. I have a friendwho might like something now, but once it gets big and a lot of people like it, he hates it.

A lot of people like the Cowboys. They're "America's team" after all. The same treatment happens to the Lakers and Yankees. Fans of otherteams hate the winners of each respective sport. Although the Cowboys haven't won anything substantial in a while, they still won a bunch in the 90'sand seemingly will do anything ($ wise) to win, and haters hate that.

With that said, I hate the Cowboys myself, but I'm objective enough of a sports fan to not have double standards.

But yeah, to answer your question, Nowitness, it's really just the natural actions of "haters" kicking in. They are blinded by their allegianceto their team to see things in an unbiased manner.

I kind of ranted there, but whatever. Just don't take what some of the fools say on here personally.

I'd agree if it weren't for the Colts^.
No one hates Manning and h;es beating just about everyone's team. I think it has to do with the fanbases, not the players.

Dirk and Marley, I hear both of ya, my question is more along the lines of, was the loud roars of laughter at Romo after JUST his one game, or did it growlouder and louder after each season of let down? Whereas with Rodgers, this is his first letdown, so nobody is really gettin on his case just yet. See what I'm sayin? If A-Rodg does this again next year, I'm pretty sure people will start to clown all over the guy.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it all because of the Cowboys and all that, I'm just lookin at another side, seein if there is another angle is all.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

No one hates Manning and h;es beating just about everyone's team. I think it has to do with the fanbases, not the players.
I would agree with you, too, if it weren't for the Yankees. As a part of their fanbase myself and lurking in the Yankees thread all season,most of us (aside from some cocky folks, whom, I think it's safe to say, are generally cocky in life outside of sports anyway) didn't talk crap toanybody or think we would beat any team "for sure" like some fans of the Lakers and Cowboys are... I see fans of these teams all the time sayingsomething along the lines of "easy win
pimp.gif
". So yeah, I guess ithas a little to do with a team's fanbase and a lot to do with people's natural inclination to "hate" on something that is successful or seemssuccessful like the Cowboys of this decade.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Brady fanboys hate him.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom