NFL's statement to players: "No more tackling."

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Wouldn't the easiet thing to decrease the violence in the game would be to put a weight limit?
I see what you're trying get at but no.
I think it would help alot if they put a weight limit on every position but thats not happening.
To decrease the force of impacts right? Should we put a cap on 40 times to? I just don't see it as an appropriate solution to the problem.

pfflpatch3JPG.JPG

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

30t6p3b.gif

The QB in the act of throwing rule is beyond stupid.
30t6p3b.gif

A QB like Roethlisberger could pumpfake all day and all you can do is watch him.
30t6p3b.gif

Above and beyond the tackling rules, I have a huge problem with eliminating the third coaches challenge if he gets the first 2 right. I mean, if they were going to change the rule, the should allow a coach to have UNLIMITED challenges if he keeps getting them right. If the refs continue to eff up calls, why shouldnt the coach have a right to keep challenging them? Its a joke. Now a coach might have to not challenge a play he knows he will win because he might have to save the last challenge just in case. So stupid.

Why do the feel the need to mess everything up when its fine the way it is.

If they make these rules happen you better believe there will be many many manyyy fans voicing their opinion on this. This wouldnt be football anymore.

the quarterback rule won't happen. calm down. It would drastically alter the game way too much. fans would go nuts

as the years go by it really feels like Hockey>

As far as I can tell the only thing that's new in the defenseless player category is, "A receiver who receives a blind-side block". The others, including a QB in the throwing motion, were listed like that last year. They can still be hit, it just can't be an "illegal" hit. The only difference next year is they'll enforce harsher penalties.

The two dumbest things on there are the "No Calvin Johnson rule" and no 3rd challenge if you get the first two right.

I can't believe what this league is turning into. I remember a few years back when the NFL was run head and shoulders better than every other league. I pin a lot of this on Goodell. I actually liked him when he first got here but he seems to be nothing but incompetent

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I see what you're trying get at but no.
I think it would help alot if they put a weight limit on every position but thats not happening.
To decrease the force of impacts right? Should we put a cap on 40 times to? I just don't see it as an appropriate solution to the problem.
Besides, corners and safeties aren't that much bigger than WRs. Sometimes they're even smaller.
 I was about to agree with putting a weight limit on defense but some RBs/QBs are huge as well. Many RBs are short but they're not small, they're built like trucks (like MJD). 5'7 210 pounds 
eek.gif

laugh.gif
 I'm 5'8 and I have trouble keeping my weight above 145

This is why I prefer college football. I hope they dont switch to these stupid rules.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

This is why I prefer college football.
The same sport that wants to throw a flag if you high five somebody after scoring a touchdown?  And has voting and computers pick who plays who? 
laugh.gif

Every sport has flaws. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

This is why I prefer college football.
The same sport that wants to throw a flag if you high five somebody after scoring a touchdown?  And has voting and computers pick who plays who? 
laugh.gif

Every sport has flaws. 

I didnt say every sports was perfect, but I would rather celebrations be removed from the game then hitting. Sorry my opinion bothered you...You working for the NFL now?

For the record I think the college celebration rule is ridiculous, but these rule changes arent the only reason I prefer college football.

It did say flagrant illegal hits. They'll probably look at it case by case. As long as dudes
aren't launching themselves at the head/neck they'll be straight.

Situation A- something similar to Dante Wesley hitting Clifton Smith- will definitely be suspensed
Situation B- something similar to trammon Williams getting hit as soon as he caught the ball by the falcons dude- most likely won't be
suspended.

If i was someone who played college football, and was like a Defensive end, like Jared Allen or like DeMarcus Ware, I would consider playing in Canada, just to play a game that would allow to hit people.
and I'm Sure the Running Backs who lower their heads into guys won't get penalties, until some RB commits suicide 30-40 years later.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

If i was someone who played college football, and was like a Defensive end, like Jared Allen or like DeMarcus Ware, I would consider playing in Canada, just to play a game that would allow to hit people.
and I'm Sure the Running Backs who lower their heads into guys won't get penalties, until some RB commits suicide 30-40 years later.

No you wouldn't. 

Back
Top Bottom