NFL's statement to players: "No more tackling."

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Looks like they went ahead and moved the kickoff to the 35. If you're a Nate Kaeding fan, this is great news. He'll prolly get to 5
pimp.gif

San Diego kicker Nate Kaeding had touchbacks on just four of 72 kickoffs last season.
he never even gets close, i'd be surprised if he gets 4 again this year 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Jay02

Why do the feel the need to mess everything up when its fine the way it is.
So we should just ignore all the former players that are coming out from the shadows with dementia and ALS?  Ignore those that fall into deep depression, due to head injuries that eventually lead to suicide?  Ignore the players that are screaming for attention to fix or at least get decent care for their broken bodies?

There is a reason why a lot of former players wont even let their children play football.

I don't like the rule changes, but Goodell is staring down the barrel of the gun right now.  None of this stuff was in the forefront when Tags was the commish

Is it me, or in the last five years has the NFL done nothing but make up new rules to @#$% with?
The voice of former players struggling both physically and mentally has gotten louder over the past five years.  It's not a coincidence.

As fans, yes it sucks, but I get it.  We are not the ones out there getting hurt.  It's easy to say from the comfort of our couches,
laugh.gif

I love football, CFB more than the NFL, but I love it.  However, I cringe when I read stories of former players reduced to vegetables.

Hazard pay and benefits > Rule changes. It's a job too, ya know. No one's forcing anybody to pick sports as a career. But I digress.. War ain't war without bullets and casualties. That's what you sign up for. But the NFL draft isn't the military draft. You aren't being forced to pay sports. Such is life. Choose wisely.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I see what you're trying get at but no.
I think it would help alot if they put a weight limit on every position but thats not happening.
To decrease the force of impacts right? Should we put a cap on 40 times to? I just don't see it as an appropriate solution to the problem.

lol

F=MA.
You can reduce either, you don't have to reduce both.

But your joke is noted.

This is just disgusting forreal.
30t6p3b.gif

They should just put flags on the QB's cause their basically saying "we dont want them to get hit at all". This aint even football no more.

how would a team beat the patriots if they couldn't whack Brady? Giants would never have won that super bowl and the Jets wouldn't have won the last playoff game

The owners have to protect their major assets

They're gonna make every rule so that their club's QB aren't missing games

Back
Top Bottom