Nike 30th Anniversary “Just Do It” Campaign.

Asking too much to not protest during a meaningless song yet it’s ok for police to shoot minorities. Asking too much for police to not kill innocent people? Do you idiots think before you respond or are you too busy trying to take your shirt off at the same time?

Professional Sea Lion and ESPN employee that I hope gets fired next, Darren Rovel eagerly tweeted that Nike shares were down 2% earlier...

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 2.32.33 PM.png

Fortunately, context is EVERYTHING...

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 2.29.35 PM.png

Racist? Every race can wear this stuff, and it will still be great when they need police help. Because everyone that disagrees with this move is a racist.......sure.
Pretty obviously by the responses who Nike is catering to with this move, the low IQ crowd. Well, let's hope for Nike's sake those folks got enough money to keep the sales going.

Are they targeting the low IQ crowd, or trying to get rid of the low IQ crowd from their customer base? From what I've read on social media it seems the be the latter of the two. The largely uneducated crowd is calling for boycotts.

Last edited:
Too me it's all about disrespect of the flag. There are plenty of other places and opportunities to show displeasure but DO NOT do anything except stand, salute or cover your heart when the Stars and Stripes are flown and OUR National Anthem is played. That's pretty simple and not asking too much. I'm assuming "sacrifice everything" means that Kapernick is donating ALL his NIKE contract money? If it's anything but, then it's a farce- he's not "sacrificing everything"

Kneeling/Genuflecting is the most respectful thing you do. It shows reverence who u Genuflect to.

You go down on one knee when you
- propose to your future wife
- be knighted by monarchy
- when you enter a Catholic Church (mayne other churches too).

It shows reverence and worship to what you genuflect to. In this case, showing the utmost respect to a flag.

By the way, Colin Kapernick was advised by US Army Veteran Nate Boyer to kneel instead of sitting during the National Anthem.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/veteran-kaepernick-take-a-knee-anthem/

Hey, if you're against kneeling, you are against the US Military Veterans. Keep that in mind.

Kneeling/Genuflecting is the most respectful thing you do. It shows reverence who u Genuflect to.

You go down on one knee when you
- propose to your future wife
- be knighted by monarchy
- when you enter a Catholic Church (mayne other churches too).

It shows reverence and worship to what you genuflect to. In this case, showing the utmost respect to a flag.

By the way, Colin Kapernick was advised by US Army Veteran Nate Boyer to kneel instead of sitting during the National Anthem.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/veteran-kaepernick-take-a-knee-anthem/

Hey, if you're against kneeling, you are against the US Military Veterans. Keep that in mind.
it aint about the military, the flag, or the country.

these dweebs are bothered bc a strong black man is making a statement.

it aint about the military, the flag, or the country.

these dweebs are bothered bc a strong black man is making a statement.

I know, but let's checkmate them with their argument as to why they are against the kneeling.

Argument was dead from the beginning. It was Trump and his idiots that even threw out the idea that it was disrespectful. Nobody gave a ****, least of which hicks that are pissing or chugging beer the entire time.

Never forget

Players that kneel = SOB
Nazis that hit people with cars = very fine people

Last edited:
wballz wballz I'm willing to bet that guy is a regular up here but made a troll account today to show his true colors lol gotta ignore folks like that

Argument was dead from the beginning. It was Trump and his idiots that even threw out the idea that it was disrespectful. Nobody gave a ****, least of which hicks that are pissing or chugging beer the entire time.

Never forget

Players that kneel = SOB
Nazis that hit people with cars = very fine people
Yup these are the same people who said the Neo Nazis in Charlottesville did nothing wrong other than express freedom of speech.

Too me it's all about disrespect of the flag. There are plenty of other places and opportunities to show displeasure but DO NOT do anything except stand, salute or cover your heart when the Stars and Stripes are flown and OUR National Anthem is played. That's pretty simple and not asking too much. I'm assuming "sacrifice everything" means that Kapernick is donating ALL his NIKE contract money? If it's anything but, then it's a farce- he's not "sacrificing everything"
You couldn't be more wrong

I am super excited about the 30 year JDI collection! 30 years ago I started to become a Nike fan as a 5 year old playing Tennis and only wanting Nike gear, especially when Agassi gear started to drop!

Regarding Kaep and kneeling and so on: for me as a German it is just hard to believe that the US is making such a big deal out of the whole movement that was started. There are way more important things in life and sports should unite all of us. Sadly some people who just love talking and pretty sure Americans love talking are just talking and talking and talking which results in only nonsense coming out of their mouths. Sometimes I strongly believe that actually Germany is the freest country in the World, not the US and in Germany we can say what we want and kneel, sleep or drink beer while the national anthem is played and we still respect each other. The people who are so critical about this topic in the US should start debating whether or not all the national anthems of all nationalities present during a game should be played. That would be a very respectful move!

Nike is GENIUS. While Kanye West, the face of Adidas, is busy saying that slavery is a choice and that Trump is his homeboy - Nike goes ahead and sides with Kap and the right side of history.

Nike just locked up a generation of loyal customers, in the all-important 18-35 group. Who do they lose? A few rich dudes MAYBE, and some low-IQ, low-income, low-fashion people. Big whoop.

I'm going to put my $ where my mouth is and invest in Nike.

America preaches freedom of speech but wanna get upset anytime someone they disagree with exercises their right to it.

This is something thats not going to change until thy kingdom come. And it goes for everyone.

Its a little word called. . hypocrisy.

Surprise, Trump just announced he’s pissed

And the NFL released a mealy-mouthed statement "in support" of the "social justice issues Colin" raised :rolleyes. Of course, Kaep's gonna eat their lunch when his collusion case gets to discovery, unless the league tries to settle (which Kaep probably doesn't even want - he wants the world to see what the league attempted to do).

And just to check, but aren't we like the only country on earth that feels the need to have a jingoistic jerk-off before every gatdam sporting event from little league through the pros???

4B20B7A5-5B46-4B76-89FB-B7C7C40EB40E.jpeg
Let me just say this thread isn’t going to be for everyone. If your not capable of responding in a respectful, none malice, forward thinking, and open minded manner just ignore this topic altogether.

Hopefully this thread will not get flagged for hate post or inciting controversial responses but we are the consumer and have the right to our opinions. Everyone in these forums has spent A LOT of money on Nike products. Some of us have businesses aligned with Nike. Some of us even have Nike themed tattoos ( I personally do).

Initially seeing Nike’s campaign announcement I wanted to tweet my stance about it BUT social media can be a place we’re peoples responses are only for shock value. Seeing people cutting the swooshes off their socks, burning shoes, burning shirts, and other Nike logos really has never happened before. So I thought; “Where could I discuss people burning Nike products because of the choice of an ad campaign?” Which brings me to NT.

If you will no longer be supporting Nike that’s your god given free will. I just want to know what compels your decision to support or reject Nike’s campaign. No matter your stance on Kaps involvement with the brand everyone here LOVES Nike.

Peace.
Let’s see, Colin Kaepernick ‘sacrifices’ a LOT! He will make millions from Nike. Over 1,700 young black men were killed in 2015 by other young black men for a pair of Air Jordans…. I do not see ANYTHING being done by Nike to prevent this in any of their campaigns. No advertising…nothing. JUST MAKE MONEY should be their slogan! Nike pays Colin lots of money for the Just Do It Campaign, because of his ‘activism’. He is their new marketing tool. According to him, there is violence against black men. This is sadly true. And we should do something to stop it. But has he done anything to help prevent young black males from killing each other for a pair of Nikes? Nike, like a big drug pusher markets their shoes to young kids that some are willing to kill for and has done nothing. Yet, some are applauding Nike for taking a MORAL stance- really?

From this past April:

Over the weekend, The New York Times published a scathing indictment of corporate culture at Nike, based on interviews with women who work or have worked for the company. The NYT tells a story of a place where sexual harassment was rampant, women were undervalued and demeaned, and even women’s sneakers were considered second-class.

From a few years back-

“These shoes are important,” D.C. prosecutor Ella Gladman told Okun during her opening statements as she recounted details of the shooting from her witnesses. “These shoes are the reason James was killed.”

Prosecutors said the teen witnesses saw James fight with the person who demanded his shoes then lost sight as James fled. They did not see the shooting, but arrived soon after, prosecutors said.

“The witnesses saw the defendant after the shooting running away, holding the red sneakers in his hands,” Gladman said.

There are deeper societal issues of violence and status involved. Looking back at Sports Illustrated’s famous 1990 cover story, “Your Sneakers or Your Life,” which focused on the murder of a 15-year-old boy over his Jordans and brought sneaker violence to national attention, it’s evident that the 17-year-old killer in that case didn’t do it just for the shoes. The victims of these crimes are disproportionately young, black men.

Undoubtedly, however, sneakers continue to create opportunities for some problems to play out. Early on, the Sneakerheadz clip shows news footage from a mob scene of customers stampeding to get newly released Jordans, and stories of actual deaths are far from rare.

What can be done about it? Twenty-five years after Sports Illustrated’s big story, there’s still no good answer.
4B20B7A5-5B46-4B76-89FB-B7C7C40EB40E.jpeg
Let me just say this thread isn’t going to be for everyone. If your not capable of responding in a respectful, none malice, forward thinking, and open minded manner just ignore this topic altogether.

Hopefully this thread will not get flagged for hate post or inciting controversial responses but we are the consumer and have the right to our opinions. Everyone in these forums has spent A LOT of money on Nike products. Some of us have businesses aligned with Nike. Some of us even have Nike themed tattoos ( I personally do).

Initially seeing Nike’s campaign announcement I wanted to tweet my stance about it BUT social media can be a place we’re peoples responses are only for shock value. Seeing people cutting the swooshes off their socks, burning shoes, burning shirts, and other Nike logos really has never happened before. So I thought; “Where could I discuss people burning Nike products because of the choice of an ad campaign?” Which brings me to NT.

If you will no longer be supporting Nike that’s your god given free will. I just want to know what compels your decision to support or reject Nike’s campaign. No matter your stance on Kaps involvement with the brand everyone here LOVES Nike.

Peace.

Racist? Every race can wear this stuff, and it will still be great when they need police help. Because everyone that disagrees with this move is a racist.......sure.
Pretty obviously by the responses who Nike is catering to with this move, the low IQ crowd. Well, let's hope for Nike's sake those folks got enough money to keep the sales going.
Tell me more about this low IQ crowd.

Back
Top Bottom