NIKE ACG thread

hey, did these release widely? Feel like they didn't make it to Europe, but I might be wrong?

nike-acg-air-zoom-ao-purple-CT2898-400-1.jpg

^ Don't know about EU, but they have been on NDC's sales rack for quite a long time here in Japan. When I checked few days ago, US10 was still there for $80 or so...

thanks for the reply, i think they were more widely available in JP and the US. Only a handful of shops had them in Europe!

Just tested my Mountain Flys on 4 miles of rocky trail with melting snow today. With the Mountain Flys your feet will be VERY warm and comfortable, BUT the heel does not have the zoom air so you can feel heel impact a lot more. It’s not bad, but noticeably different from the Zaherras. With the Zaherras, you can wear thick socks to make up for the warmth, but they aren’t water proof. I think the traction is about equal on both.

I love the Mountain Flys for the overall comfort, warmth and water proofing but you can’t go wrong with either. The Zaherras are VERY close all around in comfort and actually have better heel cushioning in my opinion, but I’m giving the Mountain Flys the slight advantage overall.

My gf wore her Zaherras today. 👇🏽

Edit: I would go up a half size in both.

94D04A2E-AD62-4DEF-AB06-BE23F554EE0C.jpeg

856AE0BF-5DE8-43FC-95B3-4BB16704C317.jpeg

4379C578-FBAA-4235-B9B9-DDEC9087B303.jpeg

89CBD9CD-8CE9-4C0E-A01F-1660820FE159.jpeg
fire!! zoom terra zaharas!!!

Maybe it was just me but I expected more from those Zaherra's as far as being water resistant. Enjoyed them for a hike I went on but when I wore them out for a rainy Chiefs game my foot got damp. Ended up returning them and eventually bought the Mountain McFly's.

langfor5 langfor5 , thanks man. Just got mine and like the feel. $80 shipped on eBay. Family snow trip next weekend, so I hope it’s not too damp to get my feet wet. Will post some pics.

I never expected Zaherras to be water resistant just looking at how they're constructed; can't even keep dirt on a hike out of those impossible to clean areas...not even submerging in dirt....just from dust in the air from walking. That's my only gripe (dirt...not water as they aren't intended for that). Mountain Flys for water situations for sure. Un-DSing them tomorrow for a trip to the ski hills; I'm sure they'll be just fine. Zaherras are perfect for dry hiking.

In case anyone was interested in the Supreme Goadome’s, the tongue is lightly debossed with branding, (Swoosh), AIR, SUPREME.
018B1536-5E3A-46D3-B041-03C531A8AD2D.jpeg 32379592-C2ED-40B7-8AAB-A7D4D36F4326.jpeg 9806F990-78B1-48A7-9E11-2AB9C54A1A6B.jpeg 14DC676B-B147-462A-940A-9F4C11EE8448.jpeg

Last edited:
as much as i love acg, had to cop some salomons this weekend. do you guys fw any other outdoor brands? i like the merrell moab mids.. is there a separate thread for this?

as much as i love acg, had to cop some salomons this weekend. do you guys fw any other outdoor brands? i like the merrell moab mids.. is there a separate thread for this?

I wore Merrells for over 20 years. Zaherras I use now are WAY more comfortable. The Merrells do have more stability b/c the midsole is so damn rigid; probably still more appropriate when hiking with a large backpack. That said, the ACGs are just so much more pleasurable to wear all day for me.

I wore Merrells for over 20 years. Zaherras I use now are WAY more comfortable. The Merrells do have more stability b/c the midsole is so damn rigid; probably still more appropriate when hiking with a large backpack. That said, the ACGs are just so much more pleasurable to wear all day for me.
interesting, thanks for the insight. The Merrells just had a cool rugged look to them, but they didn't have my size. but yea my Zaherras have more bounce and of course that cool ACG branding.

Also, I highly recommend the NB x TDS Niobium. Though I have the Snow Peak collab., I think this one is a great deal:

Note: it converts into a moc sandal.

BTW, wore my Mountain Flys for the first time on a ski trip this past wknd; love them! So much more comfortable that the Air Conquer I've been wearing for years. And not having to deal with laces during a ski day where there's lots of on/off was awesome.

Also, I highly recommend the NB x TDS Niobium. Though I have the Snow Peak collab., I think this one is a great deal:

Note: it converts into a moc sandal.
I rock new balance tough. My go to shoe when it's wet outside is the new balance herro v5. Those Nio Biums were pricey but that's nice discout. i like how they used the m801 midsole.

I rock new balance tough. My go to shoe when it's wet outside is the new balance herro v5. Those Nio Biums were pricey but that's nice discout. i like how they used the m801 midsole.
I have yet to grab a pair of the Herro V5, but it's on my list. Yes, really dig the M801 midsole. You probably noticed the additional 20% off at checkout (although, you my have to pay shipping). I understand; they're still pricey.

Back
Top Bottom