Nike Air 180 OG

check out the outsoles on the inside .
best nike ever imo.
and an air stab I could not find resurfaced while looking for a few 180's .👀
DSC_0089.JPG
DSC_0085.JPG
DSC_0084.JPG
DSC_0077.JPG

Multiple pairs if this true, and if they actually nail it.

But.... Nike got 2 big hurdles to jump here:

- trying to recreate the look & feel of simply the M.O.S.T I.C.O.N.I.C. runners they ever made.
This already seems close to impossible.

- a recrafted version needs to be better than the previous utter garbage they relased as retros. Now that shouldn't be too hard because one would think it can't get any worse than what we've had so far. YES THEY WERE THAT BAD.
Nike needs to come up with something that makes the clowns that defended previous retros want to throw them away and think 'what on earth was I thinking'

I'm not sure which is the biggest hurdle.

I picked up the 2013s for the low in like 2016 or 2017. I liked em, didn't love em. I had the 2018s for a second but didn't even bother wearing after a try on. I will happily welcome a retro that's any better than either, even if not close to the OG.

But they got the am90 and huarache right so who knows what could happen

- trying to recreate the look & feel of simply the M.O.S.T I.C.O.N.I.C. runners they ever made.
nike can deff deliver a retro that looks and feels very similar to the OG, but the problem is there are people working at nike that are calling the shots and dont want that nike releasing shoes with OG spec for the mass public, for example there is a newer version from the AJ4 Eminem that came out a few years ago that used the AJ4 99 mould but its only available for nike athletes and celebrities, so if they can replicate the 99 AJ4 mould they can deff bring back the 89 OG AJ4 mould for the AJ4 and OG mould for the 180 retros if they really want too

at the comments from the IG post you can read that iceberg mentioned that the 2024 retros will looking much closer to the OGs

I got offered a pair of ultramarine DS on Facebook, when the lad sent pics, they were the EM type that looked like an ultra style upper, with the airbag being red underneath and not the original box.

I think I will wait and take my chances on a 23/24 release

Multiple pairs if this true, and if they actually nail it.

But.... Nike got 2 big hurdles to jump here:

- a recrafted version needs to be better than the previous utter garbage they relased as retros. Now that shouldn't be too hard because one would think it can't get any worse than what we've had so far. YES THEY WERE THAT BAD.
Nike needs to come up with something that makes the clowns that defended previous retros want to throw them away and think 'what on earth was I thinking'

I'm not sure which is the biggest hurdle.
am almost 16.5-19 month wait isn't helping them either, build excitement only to be let down etc. myself I'm gon cop no matter what, as I've stated before my 2018's never squeaked & have been an adequate shoe in terms of performance, Nike retro can be very hit or miss in terms of that.

They also got to work on the silhouette, make them a bit chunky cuz these were tight af throughout the years. I love the model, i just didn't like them on foot

still rocking my black pink CDGs , nice shoe
Those are such a great shoe! Got mine for retail surprisingly but had to sell for extra funds when I was dead flat broke. Now they’re outrageously priced and very hard to come by in my size.

Back
Top Bottom