Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

Why did Nike release two colorways so similar?

nike-air-flight-89-white-soar-cool-grey-2-570x381.jpg

Why didn't they release the white/black instead?

1978 - Ya, the thought crossed my mind too. Perhaps they were gonna release the wht/blue (w/o the red like above)
but then decided to do it anyway regardless of the similiar colorway already in progress...?

Jada2001 - I won't argue quality, but overall comfort specifically is solid on these in my opinion

1978 - Ya, the thought crossed my mind too. Perhaps they were gonna release the wht/blue (w/o the red like above)
but then decided to do it anyway regardless of the similiar colorway already in progress...?

Jada2001 - I won't argue quality, but overall comfort specifically is solid on these in my opinion

Magic1978 - the pair you posted looks like a much brighter blue than the previous release.

The first release was True Blue and almost Navy Blue-like...

The pair you posted is more of a Royal Blue with almost a hint of Purple, kind of like the color on the old Civic Si.

Magic1978 - the pair you posted looks like a much brighter blue than the previous release.

The pair you posted is more of a Royal Blue with almost a hint of Purple, kind of like the color on the old Civic Si.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

I agree comfort is great for it's price point, next on my list is the white/reds n those blue/whites are
eek.gif
 damn you Nike stop making me give you my money.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

I agree comfort is great for it's price point, next on my list is the white/reds n those blue/whites are
eek.gif
 damn you Nike stop making me give you my money.

Compared to the prices of today's sneakers, I see these as quality buys for the price tag, especially if the price has not moved north in 20+ years. If the msrp was $120+, then it would be a problem. But for $95 (plus military discount and various other discounts others use) these are worth it to me. These sit here in the Tacoma WA area, while the spinoffs (Flight Falcon, Condor, etc....) actually sell more, so I don't have to worry about them selling out.  Hell, one Finish Line I went to, didn't even know they had them in stock, because they weren't on display. I had to argue with the kid, then see a manager, then pull them up on wife's iPad to prove they had them in stock.  Quality will always be in question with Nike when it comes to retros, but with the amount sneakers they pump out now, as opposed to the amount produced in the 80's and 90's, I don't expect them to put their heart into it.  Regardless, this sneaker will always be held in high regard with me, even with some funky colorways.

Compared to the prices of today's sneakers, I see these as quality buys for the price tag, especially if the price has not moved north in 20+ years. If the msrp was $120+, then it would be a problem. But for $95 (plus military discount and various other discounts others use) these are worth it to me. These sit here in the Tacoma WA area, while the spinoffs (Flight Falcon, Condor, etc....) actually sell more, so I don't have to worry about them selling out.  Hell, one Finish Line I went to, didn't even know they had them in stock, because they weren't on display. I had to argue with the kid, then see a manager, then pull them up on wife's iPad to prove they had them in stock.  Quality will always be in question with Nike when it comes to retros, but with the amount sneakers they pump out now, as opposed to the amount produced in the 80's and 90's, I don't expect them to put their heart into it.  Regardless, this sneaker will always be held in high regard with me, even with some funky colorways.

Originally Posted by Johnny Appleseed

Yeah, I know, but still they're very similar. How many people who have one, are actually going to buy the other? It would have made more sense to release the white/black or another colorway.

Originally Posted by Johnny Appleseed

Yeah, I know, but still they're very similar. How many people who have one, are actually going to buy the other? It would have made more sense to release the white/black or another colorway.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

indifferent.gif
Nike quality consistency....look at how pronounced the air holes on the toe and around the vamp are compared to the ones out now which are pretty non-existent...
indifferent.gif
 Not that it makes is better or worse...just saying.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

indifferent.gif
Nike quality consistency....look at how pronounced the air holes on the toe and around the vamp are compared to the ones out now which are pretty non-existent...
indifferent.gif
 Not that it makes is better or worse...just saying.

I like the white/blue's.. About to track down a pair in Chicago so I can try them on before purchasing since so many people are commenting about the quality.

I like the white/blue's.. About to track down a pair in Chicago so I can try them on before purchasing since so many people are commenting about the quality.

why are there two different looking shoes?

This is the shoe on the official Nike site
http://store.nike.com/us/...1/pid-438338/pgid-438339

This is the version from finishline
http://www.finishline.com...amp;productId=prod686700

The biggest differences is that the finishline shoe has one consistent texture and no holes in the toebox, whereas the shoe on the nike site alternates between textures and it has holes in it's toebox.

What do you guys think? Fakes? Two different models or something? Not quite sure..

Back
Top Bottom