Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

memories
pimp.gif

I have the White/Royals on my Finish Line "wish list" to keep track of when they get marked down. No need for them right away, but I definitely want them.

I have the White/Royals on my Finish Line "wish list" to keep track of when they get marked down. No need for them right away, but I definitely want them.

on the fence for the white/blue, black/grey ones from eb.
for those who have it already, how do they feel?

on the fence for the white/blue, black/grey ones from eb.
for those who have it already, how do they feel?

^
they feel cheap & uncomfortable compared to the 2000 AF89 retros
yet they are more comfortable than the 2012 AJ4 wht/blk-cement retro that just dropped

the shape & padding are on point, very similiar to the old retros
but the pleather is stiff & pinches on the toes like most Nike retros these days in my opinion
they look nice though

so overall, the comfort is good/great in terms of new stuff but is noticeably inferior to the older ones

same pleather as the 2008 Nike Air Tech Challenge II 3/4's or any 2007 AFI
& same pleather as the new AJ4 or very similiar

easy to anticipate the short-comings these days if you've been buying Nike for years
but i am happy with these - the fact that they released & are not too crappy to pass on

^
yet they are more comfortable than the 2012 AJ4 wht/blk-cement retro that just dropped

but the pleather is stiff & pinches on the toes like most Nike retros these days in my opinion
they look nice though

so overall, the comfort is good/great in terms of new stuff but is noticeably inferior to the older ones

easy to anticipate the short-comings these days if you've been buying Nike for years
but i am happy with these - the fact that they released & are not too crappy to pass on

^ That's the review I expected for them - good padding and comfort, cheap leather.

I'm just going to do my best to continue to hold out for them to go on sale. I want them badly. But it feels like if I buy them at retail, I'm supporting Nike's weak efforts to pass off crap on us
laugh.gif

^ That's the review I expected for them - good padding and comfort, cheap leather.

I'm just going to do my best to continue to hold out for them to go on sale. I want them badly. But it feels like if I buy them at retail, I'm supporting Nike's weak efforts to pass off crap on us
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by green rhino123

^
yet
they are more comfortable than the 2012 AJ4 wht/blk-cement retro that just dropped

they look nice though

i dont have the 2000 retro thats why i dont knw how the comfort of the old retro,for me its comfy & fits right on me, but all you said is true & i agree with this.. for me,i'm not really complainin on this pleather thing bcoz i dont want to wait til nike change there leather material..its not expensive shoe.. ..just hate how aussie price too high..

Originally Posted by green rhino123

^
yet
they are more comfortable than the 2012 AJ4 wht/blk-cement retro that just dropped

they look nice though

i dont have the 2000 retro thats why i dont knw how the comfort of the old retro,for me its comfy & fits right on me, but all you said is true & i agree with this.. for me,i'm not really complainin on this pleather thing bcoz i dont want to wait til nike change there leather material..its not expensive shoe.. ..just hate how aussie price too high..

Originally Posted by johngotty

laugh.gif

Check the coupons thread...I think that's where I got my FTL VIP code for these.

Originally Posted by johngotty

laugh.gif

Check the coupons thread...I think that's where I got my FTL VIP code for these.

I had a few pairs from the last time they retroed, and these joints were not comfortable at all. I think I'm gonna have to pass on these. Some colorways do look nice tho

I had a few pairs from the last time they retroed, and these joints were not comfortable at all. I think I'm gonna have to pass on these. Some colorways do look nice tho

In case anyone is interested, Flight 89 Lo ST in light grey. One of my grails, found thanks to Green rhino123 - 'preciate it bro!

In case anyone is interested, Flight 89 Lo ST in light grey. One of my grails, found thanks to Green rhino123 - 'preciate it bro!

flights always been $!@%%@ quality... i dont remember any retros being premium... those black/grey in leather grain look on point,... those pinch as well rhino?

flights always been %$@##! quality... i dont remember any retros being premium... those black/grey in leather grain look on point,... those pinch as well rhino?

flights always been %$@##! quality... i dont remember any retros being premium... those black/grey in leather grain look on point,... those pinch as well rhino?

flights always been $!@%%@ quality... i dont remember any retros being premium... those black/grey in leather grain look on point,... those pinch as well rhino?

Back
Top Bottom