Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

Glad to see this thread active…… After all the Jordan IV vs Flight 89 debate, can’t forget how Nike tried to fool us.

Flight Squad
IMG_0851.jpeg

Flight Legacy
IMG_0857.jpeg

Flight Classic
IMG_0858.jpeg

One of the guys I tried to emulate as a kid. Always had my theories on why my man stayed with white laces lol. So many legends in the NYC area growing up.
IMG_0849.jpeg

Glad to see this thread active…… After all the Jordan IV vs Flight 89 debate, can’t forget how Nike tried to fool us.

Flight Squad
IMG_0851.jpeg

Flight Legacy
IMG_0857.jpeg

Flight Classic
IMG_0858.jpeg

One of the guys I tried to emulate as a kid. Always had my theories on why my man stayed with white laces lol. So many legends in the NYC area growing up.
IMG_0849.jpeg

What's the theory on the white laces?

He was saying that colorway was NOT OG, and why they can't just give us the OG White/Black.

I think those 4 you pictured were all the OG's that released to the public? Maybe someone else can confirm. trethousandgt trethousandgt

Goooootcha!

And yea the pic that I showed are the OG'a from the anime catalog.

I read his post wrong.

I could be wrong, but I always thought the IVs released before the 89s. I remember getting the Black Cements when they dropped in February and the white/black 89s for my birthday in March. I also remember being surprised that they came with a Nike Air plastic hangtag/keychain.

Those were OG's?

I can't even remember all of the colorways but

1705683600924.jpeg

I wish we could see pics of all of the OG colorways.

He was saying that colorway was NOT OG, and why they can't just give us the OG White/Black.

I think those 4 you pictured were all the OG's that released to the public? Maybe someone else can confirm. trethousandgt trethousandgt

1978 got it lol. I was saying they were soooo close, and they still can't just give us the simple OG white/black. They do everything BUT.

1978 got it lol. I was saying they were soooo close, and they still can't just give us the simple OG white/black. They do everything BUT.

Once again my trauma has resurfaced from what they did to the white/red "Pippen" colorway a couple years ago. Along with the white/red Flight Lite 2s, I was waiting 30+ years for those. And they went and totally effed them up.

I could be wrong, but I always thought the IVs released before the 89s. I remember getting the Black Cements when they dropped in February and the white/black 89s for my birthday in March. I also remember being surprised that they came with a Nike Air plastic hangtag/keychain.

Keep in mind that what order you bought them in didn't really matter back then. They would be available for many months. I used to buy my next "1 pair for the year" shoe during the summer prior to the start of school. That's when I got the WC4s. I wanted the BCs but my size was sold out at the stores in the mall I went to. Back then, at least for me, I didn't travel around looking; I got whatever was in the mall that day that I liked the best. Then that was it for a year.

Once again my trauma has resurfaced from what they did to the white/red "Pippen" colorway a couple years ago. Along with the white/red Flight Lite 2s, I was waiting 30+ years for those. And they went and totally effed them up.
Those Pippen Flight Lites rank right up there with what Nike did to the Air Ups for me.

Those Pippen Flight Lites rank right up there with what Nike did to the Air Ups for me.

Wait, what exactly did they do the Flight Lites lol? I thought they were damn near perfect? rainking rainking only issue I remember was you not being able to get a pair that wasn't warped? Not sure how that's anywhere near those Air Up vacs. :lol:

Wait, what exactly did they do the Flight Lites lol? I thought they were damn near perfect? rainking rainking only issue I remember was you not being able to get a pair that wasn't warped? Not sure how that's anywhere near those Air Up vacs. :lol:
No no no, I was talking about waiting as long for the white/red 89s as I had for the Flight Lites. And then Nike ruined them, so I passed. I have no real complaints with the Lites, other than the leather they used.

No no no, I was talking about waiting as long for the white/red 89s as I had for the Flight Lites. And then Nike ruined them, so I passed. I have no real complaints with the Lites, other than the leather they used.

That's what I thought. I knew you and I had talked about how much we loved them, but then the other dude that replied threw me off. :lol:

My 2 pairs of the Pippen Flight Lites folded like a napkin. It took me 3 times to get a decent pair of the white/black joints. My playoffs, teals, Olympics, black/orange and university blues don’t have these issues. Quality ain’t up to snuff and isn’t exclusive to a specific material like vac-tech.

Last edited:
My 2 pairs of the Pippen Flight Lites folded like a napkin. It took me 3 times to get a decent pair of the white/black joints. My playoffs, teals, Olympics, black/orange and university blues don’t have these issues. Quality ain’t up to snuff.
Yeah, as jshortt jshortt knows, I had to order something like five pairs of the Pip Lites to finally get one good pair. It was a nightmare 🤣

Yeah, as jshortt jshortt knows, I had to order something like five pairs of the Pip Lites to finally get one good pair. It was a nightmare 🤣
And that’s all I’m saying. Nobody should have to return a sneaker that many times to get the quality they expect the 1st time. Especially for one they like. I bit on a pair of 89s a few weeks ago and got these.
IMG_0655.jpeg

Went to the local Nike store, every pair of 11.5s had some sort of defect. Whether it’s the materials used or lack of QC, a bad product is a bad product.

My 2 pairs of the Pippen Flight Lites folded like a napkin. It took me 3 times to get a decent pair of the white/black joints. My playoffs, teals, Olympics, black/orange and university blues don’t have these issues. Quality ain’t up to snuff and isn’t exclusive to a specific material like vac-tech.

I had to do the same with my white/blacks and black/neo teals. PITA for sure, but once I got my good pairs I couldn't have been happier. To me, there's a world of difference between quality issues during production, and purposely making a shoe out of strange materials like the Vac Tec Air Ups.

Back
Top Bottom