Nike Air Flight Lite II retro looks to be coming

Just came in. Side toe box is a bit wonky but overall happy with them.
409E722D-0CC3-45B2-B0CF-8F8652A202AA.jpeg

Went ahead and copped my pair today at local JD. Used a $15 reward to soften the retail blow for these. Were these always retail at $140? Could’ve sworn all the initial pairs were $120. Anyway glad to have these out the way and doubling up as soon as they hit a good discount.
4E827FBD-C97C-48B7-A205-DCAA951EA48F.jpeg
E720371B-D8E1-487C-9458-291BDFE728D2.jpeg

Went ahead and copped my pair today at local JD. Used a $15 reward to soften the retail blow for these. Were these always retail at $140? Could’ve sworn all the initial pairs were $120. Anyway glad to have these out the way and doubling up as soon as they hit a good discount.
4E827FBD-C97C-48B7-A205-DCAA951EA48F.jpeg
E720371B-D8E1-487C-9458-291BDFE728D2.jpeg

They bumped to $130--$140 (depending on the store) with this pair. :rolleyes

Like I said, I copped 4 pairs. Two size 12's, and two size 13's. I really needed 12.5's, but I wasn't gonna wait around to see if they popped up on Nike.com. Anyways, I UNDS'ed one of the size 13's, for work yesterday...

8)

20221016_085828_HDR.jpg

20221016_020616.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

The size 13 is a little too big, but with my f'd up, wide *** feet, I can use the extra room. They're comfortable as hell, and I could do a FULL 8 hour shift on my feet, with NO problems. That's really hard to believe, because I can't find a pair I can do that in, for ****.

:lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Like I said, I copped 4 pairs. Two size 12's, and two size 13's. I really needed 12.5's, but I wasn't gonna wait around to see if they popped up on Nike.com. Anyways, I UNDS'ed one of the size 13's, for work yesterday...

8)

20221016_085828_HDR.jpg

20221016_020616.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

The size 13 is a little too big, but with my f'd up, wide *** feet, I can use the extra room. They're comfortable as hell, and I could do a FULL 8 hour shift on my feet, with NO problems. That's really hard to believe, because I can't find a pair I can do that in, for ****.

Right?! I wasn't joking about putting 6 miles on them last weekend. Easily one of my favorite retros EVER.

8)

20221016_085828_HDR.jpg

20221016_020616.jpg

I don’t remember seeing marz this happy lol

Any chance these black ones go on discount? Trying to hold off, but tempted b/c they seem to have done such a great job on these.

If the black ones are still around on sale, I'll scoop. I already got 2 pairs.

Same. I will definitely grab a 3rd if size 12's make it to super sale.
I meant 2 pairs of Flight Lites lol. I got the olympic and the white/red PE. I want the black cw and green cw no doubt, but that's too many pairs, a cw will def be sacrificed lol, but my statement stands on the black cw if they go on sale and still around in my size.

Hopefully there will be a few stragglers left.
I'm just trying to cop a pair of black in my size.
1 and done.

36A0F279-09F6-48E0-9C24-3DF42E4FB314.jpeg
In true 90s kid fashion I had to give these bad boys a good coat of some waterproof spray. I know that durabuck upper sneakers will likely outlive humankind, but I remember my mom and I getting duped into a can of water proofer every school year back when basically all my shoes were durabuck lol. Like old times, that chemically laden aerosol goodness seems to have deepened the uppers up a scoshe. I’ll take it!

36A0F279-09F6-48E0-9C24-3DF42E4FB314.jpeg
In true 90s kid fashion I had to give these bad boys a good coat of some waterproof spray. I know that durabuck upper sneakers will likely outlive humankind, but I remember my mom and I getting duped into a can of water proofer every school year back when basically all my shoes were durabuck lol. Like old times, that chemically laden aerosol goodness seems to have deepened the uppers up a scoshe. I’ll take it!

Not duped, man. That sht WORKS! I'm bummed Champs/FTL stopped making theirs. It was the best I've ever found. I still have pairs I hit with it ONCE in the early 2k's and the water still beads up.

Not duped, man. That sht WORKS! I'm bummed Champs/FTL stopped making theirs. It was the best I've ever found. I still have pairs I hit with it ONCE in the early 2k's and the water still beads up.
I think the kind I sprayed these down with was some cheapo Shoe Department stuff but it seems to work decent! And man tell me you remember the little plexiglass thing of water with a shoe sitting in it in champs and foot locker to show the water repellency of that stuff back in the day?! Stuff was crazy lol

I think the kind I sprayed these down with was some cheapo Shoe Department stuff but it seems to work decent! And man tell me you remember the little plexiglass thing of water with a shoe sitting in it in champs and foot locker to show the water repellency of that stuff back in the day?! Stuff was crazy lol

Oh hell yeah! Fun fact: when I worked at FTL in 2000-03, my manager used to keep a drink at the counter and any time he brought a shoe out for someone to try on, he'd hit the toe with a quick spray. Then if the customer bought them, when they got back to the register he'd "accidentally" spill some of the drink on the part of the shoe he sprayed and say "man, good thing I sprayed these with our water repellent. See how well it works? Could I interest you in buying a whole bottle?" Sometimes it would take a bit more of a demonstration, but he sold bottles like crazy doing that. :rofl:

So far, the best replacement for the Champs brand I've found is from Richard's. I think it's SofSole brand and has a clear blue cap. Unfortunately you have to spray your shoes down twice with it to get decent coverage, but it seems to work pretty well.

Oh hell yeah! Fun fact: when I worked at FTL in 2000-03, my manager used to keep a drink at the counter and any time he brought a shoe out for someone to try on, he'd hit the toe with a quick spray. Then if the customer bought them, when they got back to the register he'd "accidentally" spill some of the drink on the part of the shoe he sprayed and say "man, good thing I sprayed these with our water repellent. See how well it works? Could I interest you in buying a whole bottle?" Sometimes it would take a bit more of a demonstration, but he sold bottles like crazy doing that. :rofl:

So far, the best replacement for the Champs brand I've found is from Richard's. I think it's SofSole brand and has a clear blue cap. Unfortunately you have to spray your shoes down twice with it to get decent coverage, but it seems to work pretty well.
Dude! 😂 I think you and I are living mirrored lives or something sir, as I worked at foot locker from 02-03 and my manager would do something eerily similar! My manager’s name was Rex and I swear he was like THE Foot Locker staple basically my entire life. I remember him lacing up my first Nike’s when I was a kid and him pushing the water proofer even then to my sweet struggling waitress mama lol. Fate would have it that 11-12 years later I would be working alongside Rex, still in awe at his salesmanship with the water proofer lol.

Back
Top Bottom