Nike Air Foamposite Pro "Crimson"

Silly question:

I'm 11.5 in J's, I'm clear to cop 11.5 as far as Foams go as well, right?
To me, all shoes run different...Jordan XI I wear a 12, Jordan XII, 11.5, but cld of went with a 11, KD IV...12, LeBron 9...12...Foams...12...every other shoes are 11.5. Now, 11.5 is my perfect fit shoe, but a 12 is just a lil more comfortable

Not a big Foam guy myself, but honestly, that was the feeling of most of the old school foam heads.

....You and Jada say, "kids these days," but if you go back to the threads from NT days prior to the new wave of Foam popularity, the prevailing opinion was that Pros were the bastard cousin of Ones. So, the "kids these days" are the kids embracing the Pro, not knocking it.

I've only done one previous foamposite release which was the Metallic Red ones back in February, and I happened to get lucky and there was a pair on Eastbay left. Would any of you guys know where to go to in NYC to get these?

Not a big Foam guy myself, but honestly, that was the feeling of most of the old school foam heads.
....You and Jada say, "kids these days," but if you go back to the threads from NT days prior to the new wave of Foam popularity, the prevailing opinion was that Pros were the bastard cousin of Ones. So, the "kids these days" are the kids embracing the Pro, not knocking it.

Brah I been lurking heavy on NT since it started. Been banned like 3 times. I remember how things where before the Foam hype began.

The frustration with Foam heads, on this forum, were that Nike was only releasing Pros (& Totals )and not the Ones. Most of the hate for Pros were from that situation, and the ugly *** colorways of the shoe. Dudes were demanding a retro of the clear sole Black Pros. When the word broke that the Pearls were getting re-retroed everyone was hyped. No one was calling was calling the Pro the bastard version of the One.

Foamheads always loved Pros, that's why we spent $180 winter after winter to pick up a pair of Black Pros.

Brah I been lurking heavy on NT since it started. Been banned like 3 times. I remember how things where before the Foam hype began.
The frustration with Foam heads, on this forum, were that Nike was only releasing Pros (& Totals )and not the Ones. Most of the hate for Pros were from that situation, and the ugly *** colorways of the shoe. Dudes were demanding a retro of the clear sole Black Pros. When the word broke that the Pearls were getting re-retroed everyone was hyped. No one was calling was calling the Pro the bastard version of the One.
Foamheads always loved Pros, that's why we spent $180 winter after winter to pick up a pair of Black Pros.
whats totals?

Still on the fence on these, especially after the pics of the stealth one came out.

whats totals?

Both of you guys have good points.
Pros were definitely NOT loved tho. They were accepted because it was what Nike was giving us. Not many people would choose Pros over Ones if given the same color blocking.
The radical colors of the Pros also did not go well with the general public. Maybe Nike was ahead of its time (yet again)... I remember seeing the red pros and the caro pros... I was like dang man, no ice??? no ice???????
I settled for the royal pros because the foam ones hadnt retrod yet... as SOOOOOOON as the word that the 07s were coming, i took the pros str8 to the court for a beating.

The frustration with Foam heads, on this forum, were that Nike was only releasing Pros (
whats totals?

Duncans

That ain't slang, doggy. That's part of the name of the shoe.

That's why they hit $119 clearance prices?

To give you the benefit of the doubt though, I understand the foam market was just smaller then. So, the OG heads could be stoked and a shoe could still not sell well, i.e. Carnivores, Pillars, etc.

However, to the extent that you are right, I still think there's a differentiating factor with Pearls in that they were an OG CW. As I said, I'm not a huge Foam guy. I only have a half dozen pairs or so, but I was excited about Pearls myself. (Paid retail, like a doofus)

i always calld em tim duncan's foams(an best shoe). when i hear foam i always think of pros an 1s. i forget abt garnet's duncan's an foam lites.

Last edited:
My usual connect is asking $250 for these out the door when I usually pay at or below retail.  Limited pairs and high demand compared to the gym greens.

Think I can cop online easily instead of overpaying from him?  

My usual connect is asking $250 for these out the door when I usually pay at or below retail.  Limited pairs and high demand compared to the gym greens.

Think I can cop online easily instead of overpaying from him?  
my connect want same thing. ima try jimmy jazz online at midnite. they the only 1s i know that do em still. then prob try my mall if line too long then ima come home b4 8 an go online too ndc or FL.

Unless dude was giving you a big discount on other foams that came out $250 isn't that much when they retail at $220.

Ppl really like these??? I guess I just don't like the Pro's. It's something about the Swoosh on the side that makes me just dislike em'...Anything Foamposite Pro is a easy pass for me, even if it has a name like, "South Beach" or "Galaxy"

I agree. It's cleaner without the Swoosh. Besides, 1 Cent logo > I like the Pro's outsole with the Swoosh though.

Last edited:
Both of you guys have good points.
Pros were definitely NOT loved tho. They were accepted because it was what Nike was giving us. Not many people would choose Pros over Ones if given the same color blocking.
The radical colors of the Pros also did not go well with the general public. Maybe Nike was ahead of its time (yet again)... I remember seeing the red pros and the caro pros... I was like dang man, no ice??? no ice???????
I settled for the royal pros because the foam ones hadnt retrod yet... as SOOOOOOON as the word that the 07s were coming, i took the pros str8 to the court for a beating.
Duncans

The Red pros sat for months at the old Dr Jay's on 34th st. They were on clearance for 89.99, and almost no one had interest in the carolinas unless you were a crip.

Back
Top Bottom