NIKE AIR FOAMPOSITE PRO - ELECTRIC GREEN (MARCH 2011)

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

In my 4 years in being out here in Cali, I've literally only seen one person rock foams. One. And it was the eggplants. It's pretty much Vans and Jordans all over this place. I remember coming here in '07 and I copped the black/red joints and my cousin out here swore they were the ugliest shoes he'd ever seen. And it got worst once I told him the price. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Where I came from, you didn't wear this shoe unless you were a fan of Penny, a legit hooper or a dope boy. So the understanding of buying a shoe looking like the way it does, for the price it's marked at - some people may never get it.. 
I have Eggplants, Coppers, Royals and Pearls and have only worn the Coppers 1x.  I've seen 2 guys wear foams in socal... one was waiting in line for the XI re-release a few weeks back but he must have been an east coast guy because nobody from socal wears gigantic snow jackets when it's 60's degrees outside.

As for the Electric Greens, I'll definitely be wearing them as soon as I get them...how can anyone keep a shoe like this in a box? 
laugh.gif

In my 4 years in being out here in Cali, I've literally only seen one person rock foams. One. And it was the eggplants. It's pretty much Vans and Jordans all over this place. I remember coming here in '07 and I copped the black/red joints and my cousin out here swore they were the ugliest shoes he'd ever seen. And it got worst once I told him the price. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Where I came from, you didn't wear this shoe unless you were a fan of Penny, a legit hooper or a dope boy. So the understanding of buying a shoe looking like the way it does, for the price it's marked at - some people may never get it.. 
I have Eggplants, Coppers, Royals and Pearls and have only worn the Coppers 1x.  I've seen 2 guys wear foams in socal... one was waiting in line for the XI re-release a few weeks back but he must have been an east coast guy because nobody from socal wears gigantic snow jackets when it's 60's degrees outside.

As for the Electric Greens, I'll definitely be wearing them as soon as I get them...how can anyone keep a shoe like this in a box? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nimhet

Originally Posted by got shoes

you east coast guys are funny with your DMV NYC ABC MTV stuff....foams are definitely not as hyped in socal with the whole Kobe thing going on. My local FTL still had a pair of Royals on display last weekend

They are not hyped in Cali, becuase when they came out here we didn't support Foams back in 97. We let them sit on the shelves and rot away. DMV & NYC scooped them up and that is why they get so many shipments. DMV & NYC are notorious for buying Foams. Cali will always have Foams sitting on shelves while the East coast will buy asap. And i wouldn't consider them hyped in them areas, it's their nature to buy them. I'm glad nobodies buys Foams in Cali
when the Royals released, I was the only one that was waiting for them at my FTL...everyone else was waiting for the OC Kobe's.

Like i said, we are a small market for Foams.

you east coast guys are funny with your DMV NYC ABC MTV stuff....foams are definitely not as hyped in socal with the whole Kobe thing going on. My local FTL still had a pair of Royals on display last weekend

They are not hyped in Cali, becuase when they came out here we didn't support Foams back in 97. We let them sit on the shelves and rot away. DMV & NYC scooped them up and that is why they get so many shipments. DMV & NYC are notorious for buying Foams. Cali will always have Foams sitting on shelves while the East coast will buy asap. And i wouldn't consider them hyped in them areas, it's their nature to buy them. I'm glad nobodies buys Foams in Cali
when the Royals released, I was the only one that was waiting for them at my FTL...everyone else was waiting for the OC Kobe's.

Like i said, we are a small market for Foams.

NYC aint cosigning...
laugh.gif
sometimes when I see Ninjahood post I laugh and lots of yall feed into it like he is the single voice for nyc...

in the past couple weeks I've seen a few handfuls of heads rocking them...and not just in my neighborhood....Canarsie, Pitkin, Jamaica, Parkchester, 3rd ave, 145th, 125th...

dudes is coppin here actually more than I expected...one of my young dudes was hittin me about em I told him hold out you probably will be able to cop in a few months...probably my cuz who just got out will probably ask me about em when I see him

NYC aint cosigning...
laugh.gif
sometimes when I see Ninjahood post I laugh and lots of yall feed into it like he is the single voice for nyc...

in the past couple weeks I've seen a few handfuls of heads rocking them...and not just in my neighborhood....Canarsie, Pitkin, Jamaica, Parkchester, 3rd ave, 145th, 125th...

dudes is coppin here actually more than I expected...one of my young dudes was hittin me about em I told him hold out you probably will be able to cop in a few months...probably my cuz who just got out will probably ask me about em when I see him

a whole diversity of people are copping... people who would look at you crazy for buying 200 kicks are getting them.. old heads, chicks, hype's... looks like they doing pretty well in nyc...

a whole diversity of people are copping... people who would look at you crazy for buying 200 kicks are getting them.. old heads, chicks, hype's... looks like they doing pretty well in nyc...

i copped cuz of the disco but when i was in footlooker there was a group of 10-12 highschool students that copped. It crazy in nyc i seen that then i went to a store 3 blocks away and they were selling them 180 no tax

i copped cuz of the disco but when i was in footlooker there was a group of 10-12 highschool students that copped. It crazy in nyc i seen that then i went to a store 3 blocks away and they were selling them 180 no tax

Originally Posted by sneakermane

Originally Posted by ninjahood

da DMV can have these....NYC ain't cosignin 
laugh.gif

I guess it's back to how it used to be for y'all NYC cats, huh? You know, before the eggplants dropped.
roll.gif
shaq-face.jpg

everything goes on sale over there in da DMV from what you been talkin bout b, NYC only sells out foams when they're dope..these are far from it.

i'll take da cactus penny foamposite over these.

Originally Posted by sneakermane

da DMV can have these....NYC ain't cosignin 
laugh.gif

I guess it's back to how it used to be for y'all NYC cats, huh? You know, before the eggplants dropped.
roll.gif
shaq-face.jpg

everything goes on sale over there in da DMV from what you been talkin bout b, NYC only sells out foams when they're dope..these are far from it.

i'll take da cactus penny foamposite over these.

They are not hyped in Cali, becuase when they came out here we didn't support Foams back in 97. We let them sit on the shelves and rot away. DMV & NYC scooped them up and that is why they get so many shipments. DMV & NYC are notorious for buying Foams. Cali will always have Foams sitting on shelves while the East coast will buy asap
i expect all ya shipments of foamposites going right back to da east coast as via a transfer as usual.

yep.

i remember da first 2000 retro of da all black pros that dropped with da space jams...pssh if you had da foams you SHUT DOWN cats with da jordans.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

They are not hyped in Cali, becuase when they came out here we didn't support Foams back in 97. We let them sit on the shelves and rot away. DMV & NYC scooped them up and that is why they get so many shipments. DMV & NYC are notorious for buying Foams. Cali will always have Foams sitting on shelves while the East coast will buy asap
i expect all ya shipments of foamposites going right back to da east coast as via a transfer as usual.

yep.

i remember da first 2000 retro of da all black pros that dropped with da space jams...pssh if you had da foams you SHUT DOWN cats with da jordans.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

ive had mine since dec/january, and they are still in the box, ds
ive rocked the hell outta my pewters....rock em to the gym...and the pearls...and the royal og's

im one of the only one of my boys who rocks foams on the reg, and i dont mind it one bit

/bay area

laugh.gif

ive had mine since dec/january, and they are still in the box, ds
ive rocked the hell outta my pewters....rock em to the gym...and the pearls...and the royal og's

im one of the only one of my boys who rocks foams on the reg, and i dont mind it one bit

/bay area

yep.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Yup around that time is when foams really became a prominent shoe, for every 10 cats rockin space jams and/or 15's, there were 2 or 3 cats with the foams on that had headz on smash. Most cats I knew were hoopers but you could spot a lazy hustler with these on from a block away. Matter of fact, when those exact black foam pros dropped is when foams became the urban classic shoe.
these electric green joints get no love out here. uptown cats aint even messin with them lol

yep.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Yup around that time is when foams really became a prominent shoe, for every 10 cats rockin space jams and/or 15's, there were 2 or 3 cats with the foams on that had headz on smash. Most cats I knew were hoopers but you could spot a lazy hustler with these on from a block away. Matter of fact, when those exact black foam pros dropped is when foams became the urban classic shoe.
these electric green joints get no love out here. uptown cats aint even messin with them lol

Back
Top Bottom