Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Only sold them for cost because they weren't flipping for nothing. Cmon son. Keep it real.
roll.gif

Only sold them for cost because they weren't flipping for nothing. Cmon son. Keep it real.

The was only one other dude that got a pair.. I could have taken the whole size run but I only cop for the people that pmed me :lol:

Anyone in France know how Opium is doing their release? I speak little to no French and I'm in Nice without a phone, but I'll be in Paris for release day. Debating on trying Opium or one off the Nike shops, but Opium is the only confirmed store getting them that I know of here.

I remember like a day or 2 before the drop of the shadows and toro 4s, ppl were charging $300 for toro 4s and retail or less for shadows. If there was a all red retro 1-13 dropping same day as these chicagos, we'd all easily eat on these chicagos. For reals...

Only reason I got shadows were because a few months after the release I unds my black toes and was like " damn these are fresh" and I saw they had the shadows at the outlet. So I figured why not get a black and grey pair.

Glad I did because once the breds hit, a wave of older 1s became ultra desireable.

I've posted this pic before but I sold 14 of these 15 pairs to NT for basically shipping + PayPal fees + $10/$15 extra for the trip. I was charging like $175-$185 maybe. Would've made a killing nowadays but I'm glad I was able to help out my NT brethren and get my pair for free:nthat:

View media item 1551893

i remember i sold my extra pair for about $200 shipped. who would have thought these would be commanding big money. I knew i made the right choice skipping those Toro 4s.

I was on a sneaker buying hiatus around the time shadows released. Talk about bad timing

Last edited:
So many feelings in here. I keep thinking the people getting real anxious/bitter are younger folks relying on someone to buy for them.

All of us working age folk, if you miss out and you want them to wear just pay a price you are comfortable with.

No use worrying about something you can't control.

I remember like a day or 2 before the drop of the shadows and toro 4s, ppl were charging $300 for toro 4s and retail or less for shadows. If there was a all red retro 1-13 dropping same day as these chicagos, we'd all easily eat on these chicagos. For reals...

Guess that explains why pairs were still around for weeks too.... Once you skip on release then it's no need to buy according to your theory :lol:

So many feelings in here. I keep thinking the people getting real anxious/bitter are younger folks relying on someone to buy for them.

All of us working age folk, if you miss out and you want them to wear just pay a price you are comfortable with.

That's how I feel... Nothing stopping me from putting these on feet... I will have two pairs no questions asked idgaf

This. I'm amazed because these just released 2 years ago with a slightly different look. Reminds me of the white cement 3 fiasco but much more hyped.

Shadows are $500-600 for sizes 8-10

Def gonna be throwing cash on top

The going rate, and the price they're actually moving at, are totally different. Friend just got his for 4, and not to long ago another NTer got em for around the same.

eBay & FC got people resell prices jacked. A bill or so on top of Chicagos is fair.

I've posted this pic before but I sold 14 of these 15 pairs to NT for basically shipping + PayPal fees + $10/$15 extra for the trip. I was charging like $175-$185 maybe. Would've made a killing nowadays but I'm glad I was able to help out my NT brethren and get my pair for free:nthat:

View media item 1551893
wow they didn't drop where i was at but my cousin was in Orlando and he said they had it for a while

This. I'm amazed because these just released 2 years ago with a slightly different look. Reminds me of the white cement 3 fiasco but much more hyped.

These have a totally different look tho.. 3's was only the nike air on the heel

Another problem is dudes thinking they need every JB shoe to "fit in". You absolutely don't need every sneaker that comes out. If you really like a shoe then buy it, once again at a price, if not retail, that you feel comfortable with.

If I really wanted to a GREAT reseller on this Release, I wouldn't be putting all my money on These Chi 1's

You can double up a MSRP of $160 and try sell these for $300+ right away or sit on them till they get to $400-500

Now, 

Pinnacle's Drop the same day we seem to forget.

MSRP $400

but resell at $800+ 

A Smart Reseller would go fishing for the MARLIN not the Trout 

Last edited:

These have a totally different look tho.. 3's was only the nike air on the heel

Not to me and def not worth the hassle for the differences.

[quote name="dunksrnice" url="/t/625594/official-may-15-pick-up-thread-no-pic-quoting/300#post_23415273]

Bonus.
1985, 1994, 2013 & 2015.
View media item 1551377

IG - @dunksrnice[/quote]

Are you in Omaha?
Close B, about a 1hr away.. I went last weekend to the West roads mall.. Looks like HOH is getting a few pairs.. They wouldn't tell me how many.. Haha so they doing back door deals..but ducats talk.. [emoji]128184[/emoji]

Shadows are $500-600 for sizes 8-10

Def gonna be throwing cash on top
eek.gif
and I sold 5 pairs here on rd for retail

We've had this discussion before and you're half right bro, I'm not gonna front. However, as stated the money maker for that day was supposed to be the Toro IV's. I could've gotten 15 pairs of those but instead my goal was to help out NT since I come by I's easily and no one else in my city wants them. My other goal was to get my pair for free. I made an extra $10-$15 off of 14 pairs which equates to a minimum of $140 so I cleared my pair. And come to think of it, I didn't even make that off of every pair, ask Zyzz. I think he got his retail + shipping. Once I cleared my pair, I started letting go for retail + shipping.

I's sit in my city and there never seems to be enough in California. Whenever I stock up on I's, it's to help out NT and I always charge less than market place. I could've stocked up on Chicago's this Saturday but after the hassle I received for my Blk/Wht's with dudes flaking, I said forget it.

Back
Top Bottom