Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
this whole fake/UA thing has me looking at shoes in a completely different matter. I'm not one of those experts at all. I usually rely on others. Been doing a lot of research lately and I feel like I've been hiding under a rock when it came to fakes/UA. I was so naive with that whole side. Stumbled into @perfectkicksnet and was appalled at how many people knowingly buy fakes/UA.

I'll be changing my approach with pre-orders in the future. Lucky to never get got, but its a matter of time if I keep it up. These fakes/UA are getting good man. I see why people cop from flight club. That peace of man is worth that tax sometimes

Last edited:
No, if I don't receive them tomorrow, I'm going to open a claim and try to get my money back (might buy the Chicagos out the money).  Now I know not to trust a buyer even if they have good feedback (99.6).

dammit AirSak, someone might be playing you? Who was it? Would love to know to stay away from them on ebay

Lol... Until it gets locked.
the only reason this hasn't been locked is cause of the possible NDC drop tbh.....

from bulling to sexual conversation and stright mud throwing out side of a racist comment this thing has hit all locked standards

the mods are just in the cut handing warnings and bans it seems they aint even posting in this mess 

the only reason this hasn't been locked is cause of the possible NDC drop tbh.....

from bulling to sexual conversation and stright mud throwing out side of a racist comment this thing has hit all locked standards

the mods are just in the cut handing warnings and bans it seems they aint even posting in this mess 
nike please drop em asap i wanna move on from this threat lol

Once upon a time there was a college student that saved up his money for a pair of Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG "Chicago" sneakers.  The job only paid minimum wage and he only worked a total of 4 hours a week (little hours were available).  He worked long and hard everyday putting money aside for said sneaker.  The week of the release came, there were only 4 stores that were getting them in his area.  He put in 3 raffles out of 4 stores (1 store didn't do there raffles that day and he couldn't come back the day they were doing them).  He waited patiently for a phone call from one of the stores but never got one.  The day of the release he struck out online; he had $200 saved up and hoping they weren't that high on eBay.  He was greeted with prices of $400 to $600 for his size.  All hope was lost of him ever getting the shoe.  The End.

Last edited:

The quality talk is hilarious. Let's remember we're talking about a mass-produced, made-in-China sneaker. We're talking about a global company with $28.8B in sales in FY14 (with ~62% of that coming from footwear) and gross margins of 44.8%, 43.6%, and 43.5% in FY14, FY13, and FY12, respectively. And that's not to say made in China (or Vietnam, take your pick) products are inherently of poor quality. One could argue that in exchange for labor cost savings, Nike can afford to use higher-quality leather, but c'mon, I think we all know better. And simply comparing these to nice leather shoes should be enough to convince anyone of this point. I can understand quality relative to other sneaker releases by Nike (or other brands, I don't mean to pick on Nike as I love Nike), but to call these quality on an absolute scale is unreal. I used to think the quality talk was resellers trying to further hype the product, but it now seems that most actually believe it...

dude shut the hell up

View media item 68343

Just got home from an awards dinner.

Having a rough week but just received something in the mail and decided to open it up.

Let's just say; dreams do come true!!!!!!!!!!!

View media item 1569354

Ray Ray I really appreciate the gesture. I wish these were my size. Honestly flipping for an 8.5/9 is a real hassle so I'll just sell them or send to flight club. Prices are lit!!!!!!

Last edited:
The quality talk is hilarious. Let's remember we're talking about a mass-produced, made-in-China sneaker. We're talking about a global company with $28.8B in sales in FY14 (with ~62% of that coming from footwear) and gross margins of 44.8%, 43.6%, and 43.5% in FY14, FY13, and FY12, respectively. And that's not to say made in China (or Vietnam, take your pick) products are inherently of poor quality. One could argue that in exchange for labor cost savings, Nike can afford to use higher-quality leather, but c'mon, I think we all know better. And simply comparing these to nice leather shoes should be enough to convince anyone of this point. I can understand quality relative to other sneaker releases by Nike (or other brands, I don't mean to pick on Nike as I love Nike), but to call these quality on an absolute scale is unreal. I used to think the quality talk was resellers trying to further hype the product, but it now seems that most actually believe it...

Once upon a time there was a college student that saved up his money for a pair of Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG "Chicago" sneakers.  The job only paid minimum wage and he only worked a total of 4 hours a week (little hours were available).  He worked long and hard everyday putting money aside for said sneaker.  The week of the release came, there were only 4 stores that were getting them in his area.  He put in 3 raffles out of 4 stores (1 store didn't do there raffles that day and he couldn't come back the day they were doing them).  He waited patiently for a phone call from one of the stores but never got one.  The day of the release he struck out online; he had $200 saved up and hoping they weren't that high on eBay.  He was greeted with prices of $400 to $600 for his size.  All hope was lost of him ever getting the shoe.  The End.

View media item 145564

Locked up a pair today from an nter for a very fair price for a legit retail pair w ftl receipt (w tagged pics too). Happy about that but decided to put in more work and just messaged literally every seller on ebay with my sz just seeing if there are any "deals" to be had

Came across these "b grade unauthorized" as described by seller. Peep the description on the box lol.
really hope nobody tries to buy these and rip someone off...they def. Dont look bad and are much cheaper than the asking price of any legit pairs
View media item 1569353View media item 1569355View media item 1569356View media item 1569357View media item 1569358

Last edited:
So grimey. People have no integrity these days. He should have put a reserve on it (which I know some people hate) if he wanted to sell it for more.
That's some corny ish, can't believe a repped seller would be hurt over an extra $60+ :smh: . You'll find a pair for a decent price eventually
That boils my skin. You suppose to be a man of honor, of your word. Just bad customer service. Some of these guys act like there's no other shoes that are coming out that they can get cashed out on. Just bad!:smh:  

I'm pretty much the integrity police, but y'all are taking this too seriously. He flaked...nothing more nothing less. It's annoying and stupid, but if he thought he could get more or got a higher offer then of course he's going to take it. It's definitely bad business but I don't think it warrants a character assassination. This shoe thing is dog eat dog and half the people copping see the $ and are tempted. Without a binding contract with actual consequences it's a moot point.

I do hope you're able to get your pair at the price you're willing to pay though.

If he wanted more money he should have listed a BIN and accept offers...

That's cold...:smh:

Agreed.

You guys think the shattered backboards will soar to Chicago 1 OG heights? I just don't see it...but who know LMAO

NO. The color is hit or miss for most people.

Local HOH manager told me they are restocking these both online and in store. He said he doesn't know exactly when but supposedly sometime around back to school. Take it for what it's worth.

Repped for giving people hope.

P4P pair came in, Y'all be the judge. Look money to me.
View media item 1568702View media item 1568718

I don't have time to read through all the pages to see how this turned out, but this pair looks SLIGHTLY questionable due to the small widows peaks/leather cuts and the sole and midsole rubber...a lot of grey market pairs look jagged like that. However, my Melo 1's from big box retailer had a weird midsole like that. I haven't seen any other Chicagos like that though.

Last edited:

Having a rough week but just received something in the mail and decided to open it up.

View media item 1569354

Ray Ray I really appreciate the gesture. I wish these were my size. Honestly flipping for an 8.5/9 so I'll just sell them or send to flight club. Prices are lit!!!!!!
[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji] NEVER SETTLE

Ray Ray I really appreciate the gesture. I wish these were my size. Honestly flipping for an 8.5/9 is a real hassle so I'll just sell them or send to flight club. Prices are lit!!!!!!
pimp.gif

Lol... Until it gets locked.

Yeah I've been watching this thread the whole time,Handing out pleanty of warnings. it is a crazy thread but it's been pretty entertaining. Not to many rules have been broken (I'm sure I've missed some things) other then the constant buy/sell/trading going on The Fresh Prince The Fresh Prince I see you.
But if you think I should lock it, I can :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom