Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
My pair came from Niketown L.A., production dates 12/10/14 - 2/5/15 (Left shoe) and 2/6/15 (Right shoe). Essentially two different shoes. End of the work day? Ran out of materials?

Stitching isn't matched on the tongues and the left's tongue is about 3/8 inch longer than the right.

Left toebox leather is fairly smooth while the right is completely tumbled.

100% legit and still flawed. But the rest of the shoes are perfect. Great leather, and easily the most comfortable 1 I've ever put on my feet.

Stoked to have my one pair to wear.

I'm Sorry, I Don't Believe We've Met.......?

indifferent.gif
roll.gif

Once upon a time there was a college student that saved up his money for a pair of Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG "Chicago" sneakers.  The job only paid minimum wage and he only worked a total of 4 hours a week (little hours were available).  He worked long and hard everyday putting money aside for said sneaker.  The week of the release came, there were only 4 stores that were getting them in his area.  He put in 3 raffles out of 4 stores (1 store didn't do there raffles that day and he couldn't come back the day they were doing them).  He waited patiently for a phone call from one of the stores but never got one.  The day of the release he struck out online; he had $200 saved up and hoping they weren't that high on eBay.  He was greeted with prices of $400 to $600 for his size.  All hope was lost of him ever getting the shoe.  The End.

No disrespect cause you seem like you have good intentions but you man up and move on. You have been participating in this thread way before the release. You are an adult and you are an active consumer in whatever you call this mess of sneaker purchasing. If you are the sneaker genius you should of been smart enough to plan for plan for the worst and expect hell on release day like alot have been preaching since day 1. You were one of the rest of the hypocrites laughing at the $245 pre order. You were one of followers trying to be a smart alec telling people "stop hyping/there will be enough".

That anguish you feel for not having the shoe is your own fault. The whole week you have been crying you could of been watching auctions around the clock like a hawk that really wants the kicks. Chicagos in your size have been moving for under 300 this past week on ebay especially pairs from the Chicago Niketown release that resellers have been holding for nearly 3 weeks now. You see other guys took their losses like men last week, went back on the grind and now eating days later or close to finding a deal.

You not the only guy that struck on kicks you saved up for. This has been going on since these very shoes were released the first time. A real sneaker genius would take this time to explore other models. $200 can buy you something nice that will turn heads just as much as these Chicagos.

You not the only guy that struck on kicks you saved up for. This has been going on since these very shoes were released the first time. A real sneaker genius would take this time to explore other models. $200 can buy you something nice that will turn heads just as much as these Chicagos.

Amen!

@AirSakuragi

Here's what I wore this month. All less than $200. (edit: Those Kobes IDs were a little more.)

View media item 1570076
You're young. There's plenty of other things you need to get in your closet before you blow it all on this pair.

Last edited:
@AirSakuragi fam if this doesn't apply to you anymore and my point is moot, go ahead and ignore it. I sorta caught up with the thread. You dudes move too fast.
laugh.gif
But hopefully it helps someone.

You got to kill the boy (word to my man Jon snow).

You can't keep lamenting about your griefs and regrets and let people take pity on you. Everyone takes losses. Heck I started this thread and I wanted these shoes BAD. But I struck out just as BAD. You have to take that loss in stride. Try to move on, figure out a new plan about how to get your pair. But don't post about what you didn't do. Your never going to get anywhere in life constantly posting about a sob story and if you can get the oop. Maybe in NT but not in your life. You really want to be able to say you got a pair of chicagos cause you made yourself look bad and people felt bad for you?

So what if you can hardly afford the prices? That just means you have bigger things in life you have to take care of. That's the same way I grew up. And now I'm still finding myself having to sell a lot of my collection because I just have bigger priorities than shoes right now. I've met a lot of NTers that couldn't afford J's as kids.

It's all a part of growing up. I've let my negative experiences mold me more to who I am than my positive ones. And I know I'm someone that has to learn by my mistakes.

We are human. We make mistakes, we want to complain, get angry and become bitter. The world is unfair. But we also have a God given gift called free will. That's a choice to be better, to do something with meaning.

No matter what the world gives you, you will always have that choice. Its just up to you to make it.

The Jordan 1 Tensai.
nah just playing. My collection is nothing compared to others
laugh.gif
Yeah, didn't really expect any handouts, all that others stuff was just me joking around and stuff; the truth is I'm going to be working to secure a pair (disregard the other stuff) it would have been cool to win that pair from the challenge but it was late and I was not sure if he just joking around (he came in here the same day saying a store was releasing some) so you can see why I took the challenge not so seriously.
roll.gif
this reminds me of that scene when Borat is claims thats his sister is number four prostitute in all of Kazakhstan. Not calling your sister a hook, just the way you rated her.

...still don't believe that fake *** "challenge"
laugh.gif
but hey, congrats.
That challenge was real, instagram actually got the pair.
Damn bro you messed up. At this point I'd just sell whatever other shows you have outside of Slam Dunks and go cop a pair resale. Otherwise you'll just end up looking at that picture all day with "Constantly" by Immature on repeat
Sure did but I didn't know he was serious (mind you he just played a huge prank that same night).

Amen!

@AirSakuragi

Here's what I wore this month. All less than $200. (edit: Those Kobes IDs were a little more.)

You're young. There's plenty of other things you need to get in your closet before you blow it all on this pair.
You could look it that way. Or he could save the money to buy these opting not to buy three other shoes that he may have not been as enthusiastic about.

It all depends. I have a ton of shoes I won't wear and I'd give up 5-6 whatever's for these Chicagos (mind you I don't have them).

You could look it that way. Or he could save the money to buy these opting not to buy three other shoes that he may have not been as enthusiastic about.

It all depends. I have a ton of shoes I won't wear and I'd give up 5-6 whatever's for these Chicagos (mind you I don't have them).

That's a valid point. A few years ago I decided I had almost all the retros I wanted and was willing to pay resale if I had to to get only the pairs I really wanted. It never worked out. There are still enough GR new models that release every year that I can spend that money on. With retros I know I will always get another chance down the road.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom