Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

if yall wanna see who runs the HoH raffle jig and buys all the pairs at willowbrook mall nj.

just look to your left across footlocker entrance next time on a sadderday release. he's there. they also have the line cutting system in place too.

everyone is in on it. even the security guards.
i dont know anyone whos ever won a garden state raffle, willowbrook you at least have a 1% chance to win
laugh.gif
 (Kobe preludes only and that one time my cuz won bred 1s)

i dont know anyone whos ever won a garden state raffle, willowbrook you at least have a 1% chance to win
laugh.gif
 (Kobe preludes only and that one time my cuz won bred 1s)
oh nah they do release some pairs legit lol.

for example hoh willowbrook got 100 pairs.

20% went to employees. so that's 80 pairs left right.

then magically only 20 pairs were available for sale.

where did the other 40 pairs go?

Doesn't all the disgusting stuff in this hobby get tired after awhile? Especially if you grew up walking into stores and buying shoes with never a thought that you could be beaten outside a store or have to pay $400 for a pair of mass produced sneakers cause you couldn't get them because of middle men who want to make you pay more? It's bizarre.

I agree with 1000%. All the games and flaming hoops we have to jump through just to buy a pair of sneakers. Its too much. It leaves a bad taste in this Hobby of ours. The last few years have been very difficult to obtain shoes without any automated help. I've came to the conclusion that this hobby is not intended for anyone with life responsibilities. (Marriage,kids,job,house note,etc.) Just two weeks ago I had a firesale and sold off 53 pairs in one shot. It was probably half of my collection, but I feel a big weight off my shoulders. Just keeping the sentimental jems.

You start to rethink things, later in life.

i dont know anyone whos ever won a garden state raffle, willowbrook you at least have a 1% chance to win:lol:  (Kobe preludes only and that one time my cuz won bred 1s)

interesting math.

im talkin about another willowbrook...same situation though...i put in a raffle at 3 different stores in willowbrook...walked out with 4 tickets, homgirl did too...no calls from them...wish they would go back to the guaranteed tickets on sunday method...so much better then...

Last edited:
Any of you guys run with friends who aren't into sneakers at all in terms of collecting and all that? It's kind of hard to explain to people how you're part of this when you spend hours every week trying to land a pair for retail, deal with potential violence or at the very least confrontations if you purchase from a store (which I'm sure many of us have seen at in-store lineups or campouts), and if you can't get a pair for retail you're at the mercy of the hype factor that leads to morons setting the market rate for some 1980's shoe at $500 on release day.

If you step back, it's really one of the silliest hobbies out there. I know the only way I can defend it is with "I love the shoes and the competitive and motivational stories and athletes behind the shoe." I'm just sickened with the state of things after this release.

The company made the situation much worse and will never admit their fault in limiting a shoe that should have been produced in quantities like the BC3, IR6, WCIV, BRedIV, Metallic 5's, Hare 7's. They manipulate this model and OG branding and shape to build hype while still delivering iffy quality retros across the board. Yup, billion dollar company, but they like to cut corners now. It's easy to spend very little money on marketing and strategically allocate quality materials and craftsmanship to only small runs of select models and color ways. Some on here see that as "smart" but cutting corners costs you customers in the long run. Eventually what the average consumer spent to get the good product or the amount of mediocre or bad products they own adds up to disappointment.

These bot kings and backdoor dealing resellers are just a byproduct of big chain retail shadiness and minimum wage workers backing it, and Nike's focus on maximizing profits over quality, accessible products. There's a lot of blame to go around, but the predatory nature of all these elements makes it hard to even look at it as a hobby. I can't think of any other hobbies I've had in my life that have so much negativity and filth associated with them.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's a shame that a lot of the people in this 'hobby' are blinded by materialism, consumerism and narcissism. It really is sad and sickening.

Doesn't all the disgusting stuff in this hobby get tired after awhile? Especially if you grew up walking into stores and buying shoes with never a thought that you could be beaten outside a store or have to pay $400 for a pair of mass produced sneakers cause you couldn't get them because of middle men who want to make you pay more? It's bizarre.

I agree with 1000%. All the games and flaming hoops we have to jump through just to buy a pair of sneakers. Its too much. It leaves a bad taste in this Hobby of ours. The last few years have been very difficult to obtain shoes without any automated help. I've came to the conclusion that this hobby is not intended for anyone with life responsibilities. (Marriage,kids,job,house note,etc.) Just two weeks ago I had a firesale and sold off 53 pairs in one shot. It was probably half of my collection, but I feel a big weight off my shoulders. Just keeping the sentimental jems.

You start to rethink things, later in life.
Good for you man! All these kicks come back around at some point. Sell one version, 2-3 years later it's back. But you're right, reality has to kick in at some point for most dudes. When you're fueling Nike's profit train and dealing with stupid stuff to do it every week.... Just a lot of great experiences and even goods you can spend your disposable income on that don't have the negatives attached

just talked to pound 4 pound shoes and my preorder for $275 is coming thru...they fulfilled 100% of their pre orders so they good money. the only one the 3 places i preordered that didnt get refunded :pimp: . will do business again with them.
View media item 1554816

Last edited:
Nike not releasing them hurt people more than it helped

Just made the pairs more limited online and made people crowd the other sites
well they helped a lot in backdooring pairs. great work..also killed the EU release.

ps: they were also limited in stores..not only online

Last edited:
Picked up my pair that my bro was holding for me. Now I can finish beating my 94's into the ground. 

Last edited:
I can't stand Birdman... No Pun intend towards your post either.

Birdman, Wale and Dj Khaled

UGH!

You people that are on the hunt loke me..... be careful seems like they are way more fakes than initially realized. ... i see a bunch of sellers on ig selling them for 250.... stay away.... or at least do ur research. ... one of the dudes had db8 he was selling for 400 back in the days m talking sz run.... so watch out

Any of you guys run with friends who aren't into sneakers at all in terms of collecting and all that? It's kind of hard to explain to people how you're part of this when you spend hours every week trying to land a pair for retail, deal with potential violence or at the very least confrontations if you purchase from a store (which I'm sure many of us have seen at in-store lineups or campouts), and if you can't get a pair for retail you're at the mercy of the hype factor that leads to morons setting the market rate for some 1980's shoe at $500 on release day.

If you step back, it's really one of the silliest hobbies out there. I know the only way I can defend it is with "I love the shoes and the competitive and motivational stories and athletes behind the shoe." 
I feel you 100% and then some. I love shoes but also have love for movies and toys I grew up with. I get **** all the time from most of my friends and all of my family
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom