Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
IM PROBABLY ONE THE ONLY PPL THAT DOESNT THINK THIS COLORWAY IS ALL THAT.. ITS DEF NOT TRASH BUT ITS NOT WORTH 4-500 IMO.. DEF NOSTALGIC THOUGH.. BLESS UP TO WHOEVER WANTED/GOT EM

Small sizes you gotta hit on release day. Bite that early bullet and don't wait for the price drop in the 8-9.5 range. Prices ain't dropping on smaller sizes until those vnds pairs start showing up

They did say that all retro's around spring time and going forward would be remastered. 
If so, I stand corrected. But I still wholeheartedly believe they're hustling. Because lets face it, whose got the "remastered" meter to prove or disprove it?

Once upon a time there was a college student that saved up his money for a pair of Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG "Chicago" sneakers.  The job only paid minimum wage and he only worked a total of 4 hours a week (little hours were available).  He worked long and hard everyday putting money aside for said sneaker.  The week of the release came, there were only 4 stores that were getting them in his area.  He put in 3 raffles out of 4 stores (1 store didn't do there raffles that day and he couldn't come back the day they were doing them).  He waited patiently for a phone call from one of the stores but never got one.  The day of the release he struck out online; he had $200 saved up and hoping they weren't that high on eBay.  He was greeted with prices of $400 to $600 for his size.  All hope was lost of him ever getting the shoe.  The End.

Once upon a time there was a college student that saved up his money for a pair of Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG "Chicago" sneakers.  The job only paid minimum wage and he only worked a total of 4 hours a week (little hours were available).  He worked long and hard everyday putting money aside for said sneaker.  The week of the release came, there were only 4 stores that were getting them in his area.  He put in 3 raffles out of 4 stores (1 store didn't do there raffles that day and he couldn't come back the day they were doing them).  He waited patiently for a phone call from one of the stores but never got one.  The day of the release he struck out online; he had $200 saved up and hoping they weren't that high on eBay.  He was greeted with prices of $400 to $600 for his size.  All hope was lost of him ever getting the shoe.  The End.
Dude we really don't care tho

This!! Though I think the quality of these are very nice, it's seems the "Remastered" tag as a part of the official retail description has been conveniently left off from all JB releases since the Teal 5s. Because lets be honest; and correct me if I'm wrong, did that open letter last year state verbatim that ALL retro releases going forward were going to be remastered or did they just know we'd assume such? I said to myself when I read it that they'd remaster a few, the first few, (which were ironically releases we cared far less about) and get over on the fact they think we bought the scam. SUPER troll.
I feel you. I also realize @CGNT has a point. We shouldn't compare these to anything made with genuine leather or expect much because at the end of the day, they are still mass produced in Asia. Good arguments all around. I know we should all stop complaining about quality. it's like beating a dead horse. The overall product Jordan Brand is putting out is "good enough."

I feel you. I also realize @CGNT has a point. We shouldn't compare these to anything made with genuine leather or expect much because at the end of the day, they are still mass produced in Asia. Good arguments all around. I know we should all stop complaining about quality. it's like beating a dead horse. The overall product Jordan Brand is putting out is "good enough."
Real talk also. Repped. And as I said, the quality of these OG 1s are VERY nice so I'm quite pleased. I'm just speaking on this whole grand scale "remastered" thing.

Last edited:
Just tried on my size 13's that came today from EB. They seem to run super narrow in the toebox. This is my usual size 
mean.gif

Last edited:
True dat but I only got lucky wit GS sizes.. But I'm definitely below retail on my two personal pairs.. I had to do what I had to do to make paying resale not seem like it. I put in my work..3rd pair should be in 2mor
congrats welcome to the club :smokin and damn them GS sizes the money makers out here

IM PROBABLY ONE THE ONLY PPL THAT DOESNT THINK THIS COLORWAY IS ALL THAT.. ITS DEF NOT TRASH BUT ITS NOT WORTH 4-500 IMO.. DEF NOSTALGIC THOUGH.. BLESS UP TO WHOEVER WANTED/GOT EM
Crazy to spend $400-500!  $250 max is my personal value on them but that doesn't get me nowhere, haha.  I got my budget AJKO that I rock as beaters so I'm tired of the colorway.

You not the only one fam. Love the color way but would never pay those crazy prices. Not even for Breds or royals but that's just me. I know a lot of other ppl would...

ok so i got 4 retail pairs. all same sz, 3 from fta, 1 from shoe city. they're all inconsistent tbh. some have the 90 degree stitching on the check, some have the stitching above the check. didn't feel like taking pics, but most pairs had 1 shoe w/ stitching on the check and 1 shoe w/ stitching above. so unlike frags, that's not really a good way to tell real vs. gm/fake

the reason why everyone is talking about these being "great" quality is because we've received very "average" quality with breds, royals, and shadows. And I'm being generous with the word average.

We;re so conditioned to receive subpar material that when we truly get average quality, we lose our mind. This coming from someone who's not a quality *****.

Nike yelling "GOT HEEEEEEEEEEEM!"

Back
Top Bottom