Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

While I'm glad others will be able to add these to their collection, I'll be sitting out on this release. I still got my 2013 retros on ice. Good luck to all trying to cop.
happy.gif
I'm in the same boat as you, bro............except my 2013 Black Toes were UnDS'ed a year ago.  I'm definitely sitting this out as well, and praying the rest of the NTFam that wants these to get their pair.

If these 2016s actually came with a Black Tongue, then I'd be changing my tune BUT unfortunately they aren't. 

Good luck to everyone getting these on Nov 5th, I might even contribute to some Shiekh raffle codes to help those out that want these.

Last edited:

lol with the black tongue red laces look aight but black laces just look cleaner to me 
True, I can understand where you're coming from but despite not having the black tongue I'm going with the red laces in honor of Jordan. Wear those black laces my friend.
nthat.gif

How much Jordan Brand kool aid have you drank, bro?

It's kind of obvious that Nike/Jordan Brand are trying to leverage their old glory (retros) into what's new (XXX1s). They kind of remind me of the Dallas Cowboys-always trying to remind people of their Superbowl run decades ago... It's 2016 and it's honestly sad that you have to rely so much on your past achievements to hype up your brand. Don't get me wrong, from a performance standpoint, the XX9s are incredible (I own and use a pair for the gym/ball), but the XXX1s are clearly an attempt by Nike/JB to look cool when facing stiff competition from brands like UA which are selling great performing shoes with mostly mediocre designs.

That's what I'm saying dude, their obvious attempt to make the 31 look cool is apparently working as they're much more welcomed and warmly received compared to other recent sigs including the 29s. IMO the 31s look way better than the 29s and feel better too. Then releasing them alongside limited Nike air 1s was a good move because it makes them collectible. I didn't drink any kool aid, I just recognize a money move when I see one. Not to mention the shoe is priced lower than usual, they really did it different this time.

Not so sure about this....JB didn't need to distinguish it the '16 BRed 1s from any other iteration -- they would have sold out with smooth leather, pigskin leather from Italy, cowhide from Wyoming, or if they were the DMP pack iteration. The BRed 1s are not apart of the 30th aniversary celebration (that was sooo 2015) but JB is trying to market the XXXIs ... by pairing them with popular color ways of the 1s. So the BRed release had very little to do with the 1s and probably had a whole lot todo with the XXXIs.
idk, jb never NEEDS to make any retro different from the previous. But they still do for EVERY single re-retro.

Im def IN on these passed up on the last drop. Its crazy how jb can just w hore out a sneaker line at any giving time being that all these 1's dropped recently. Guess its a good thing

Last edited:

That's one of the reasons why I like the black tongue so much. They will definitely look good if JB ever gives us the black  tongue pair. (I'm sure they will eventually)
Thought it was suppose to be this year given that instagram photo of the 1 mid pack that had #HIGHOG

That's one of the reasons why I like the black tongue so much. They will definitely look good if JB ever gives us the black  tongue pair. (I'm sure they will eventually)

Those navy Air Ships are fire. Does anyone know if black tongue black toes ever released to public with Nike Air?

God I need to stop sleeping and grab a pair of those navy metallics before it's too late.

Back
Top Bottom