Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

The "plug", the "connect" are all going to be a thing of the past (nike) come 2017.

Nike will begin surprise audits and accounts will are being forced to put an inventory system in place that removes the ability for managers to back door and adjust on release day.

Jordan brand is expected to have greatly increased profits this year over last year. I wouldn't be surprised if each 1 og high had banned 1 numbers or more, I'm sure this still finally being hype down for all Jordan releases and make plugs obsolete anyway.

Picked up two size 11.5s for 205 and 215. I have a pair of black Yin Yangs for the tongue swap. Does anyone have a better suggestion for that? I had planned to get the Chicago 1.5s and swap the Nike Air tag from those. Going to hold onto my two size 11 raffle pairs for when these dry up...perhaps around the time the Royals release. That would be cool.

Didn't even think about the Jordan 1.5 how are the tongue on those?

They were laced up and the lace bag was detached, so I'm assuming they were a display pair. 
My lace bag was detached as well, from SNKRS. The tie was still attached, though. Looks like the plastic bag just ripped. All good.

So do others suggest sizing .5 down as well? I'm a narrow-footed guy so I'm not worried about the width and don't like too much extra toe room. Plus, I'm normally an 8.5, maybe it'll be easier finding an 8 at a good price? I know 8.5 is definitely a mythic struggle of epic proportions...

So do others suggest sizing .5 down as well? I'm a narrow-footed guy so I'm not worried about the width and don't like too much extra toe room. Plus, I'm normally an 8.5, maybe it'll be easier finding an 8 at a good price? I know 8.5 is definitely a mythic struggle of epic proportions...
Depends on how you typically wear your shoes. 

If with Js and an 8.5, and you have less than a thumbnail width distance from end, then stick with 8.5, do not go 8. 

If with Js and an 8.5, and you have more than a thumbnail width distance from end, and could live with a little more narrow, then an 8 would work fam. 

I like my Jordan 1s to be a .5 size down. I wear a 10.5, look for 10s in my 1s. That's why I'm hesitant on picking up a 10.5 for a good price.

FRESH MUSTVE SHIPPED THESE BICYCLE MESSENGER
sick.gif
laugh.gif
ITS BEEN A WEEK AND NO SHOES.. TRACKING UPDATES BARELY EVERY 26 HOURS LOL

The "plug", the "connect" are all going to be a thing of the past (nike) come 2017.

Nike will begin surprise audits and accounts will are being forced to put an inventory system in place that removes the ability for managers to back door and adjust on release day.
what if someone has a "plug" working directly for Nike?

And nah, ain't gonna happen because Nike could care less about back dooring. I believe what matters to them is that their accounts stay compliant with Nike's TOS and that they don't release pairs early to the public, whether it's through the back door or front door. Therefore my opinion is that they will simply issue warnings to their account holders about releasing early. They have way too many accounts to have their reps go out and do "surprise audits" on ALL of them...imo they are not going to spend money and resources simply to babysit stores, are you kidding me. Putting their time and resources on having the technology in place to improve consumer experience is far more of a priority, which is part of the reason why Nike recently acquired Virgin Mega. With this acquisition comes a better team of engineers to help advise on how to counter bots IMO.

Stores will still back door, but the back dooring will get adjusted to release day instead of 1-2 weeks prior. Plugs, connects, and the art of backdooring have all been around since the 90s (albeit a much smaller scale) and they ain't going anywhere.

Last edited:
. I wouldn't be surprised if each 1 og high had banned 1 numbers or more, I'm sure this still finally being hype down for all Jordan releases and make plugs obsolete anyway.
Curious what this means. Were banneds produced in larger quantity than other 1s? What was the production difference if so...

Last edited:

And nah, ain't gonna happen because Nike could care less about back dooring. I believe what matters to them is that their accounts stay compliant with Nike's TOS and that they don't release pairs early to the public, whether it's through the back door or front door. Therefore my opinion is that they will simply issue warnings to their account holders about releasing early. They have way too many accounts to have their reps go out and do "surprise audits" on ALL of them...imo they are not going to spend money and resources simply to babysit stores, are you kidding me. Putting their time and resources on having the technology in place to improve consumer experience is far more of a priority, which is part of the reason why Nike recently acquired Virgin Mega. With this acquisition comes a better team of engineers to help advise on how to counter bots IMO.

Stores will still back door, but the back dooring will get adjusted to release day instead of 1-2 weeks prior. Plugs, connects, and the art of backdooring have all been around since the 90s (albeit a much smaller scale) and they ain't going anywhere.
Bingo... for the 2387498326578923th time. Nike does NOT care about the reselling. If anything, it benefits the company. They have a seconady market on their product which drives the brand up more. What do you think Nike cares about? The amount of shoes they sell or the amount of people investing into the company?

Once a retailer has the shoe, it's sold.

They're not going to waste MORE time than they've already had trying to make it fair.

Bingo... for the 2387498326578923th time. Nike does NOT care about the reselling. If anything, it benefits the company. They have a seconady market on their product which drives the brand up more. What do you think Nike cares about? The amount of shoes they sell or the amount of people investing into the company?

Once a retailer has the shoe, it's sold.

They're not going to waste MORE time than they've already had trying to make it fair.
Exactly...at that point, all Nike is concerned about imo is that their accounts are being compliant with release dates and that their clients are using proper display/merchandising techniques with their products at their stores. 
Bunch of uniformed people him here. I went to a focus group Nike held and the topic was to kill reselling. The whole remaster thing was nothing more than a jig to charge more and mass produce.

Nothing Nike has done has been limited like before. They're flooding the market to kill resellers.
"Killing reselling" by driving up the retail prices and producing mass amount of pairs in order to flood the market has no bearing on what a retail account does with their inventory (i.e, backdooring). So I don't see your point.

FRESH MUSTVE SHIPPED THESE BICYCLE MESSENGER
sick.gif
laugh.gif
ITS BEEN A WEEK AND NO SHOES.. TRACKING UPDATES BARELY EVERY 26 HOURS LOL
dude, mine were supposed to arrive yesterday but they arrived in Tennessee 
sick.gif
 still on route to Califonia lol.

Exactly...at that point, all Nike is concerned about imo is that their accounts are being compliant with release dates and that their clients are using proper display/merchandising techniques with their products at their stores. 

"Killing reselling" by driving up the retail prices and producing mass amount of pairs in order to flood the market has no bearing on what a retail account does with their inventory (i.e, backdooring). So I don't see your point.

I don't speak to kdak reps.

For others in the thread,

Nike was behind the reserve app for ftl

Nike has killed mom and pop accounts drastically.

Shiekhs have lost buying opportunities for back dooring.

Back
Top Bottom