Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Nike is the least bit worried about what Adidas does. However, imo they are aware of what others are doing and they will continue to be ultra-competitive, adjust with the times, and evolve.

The purchase of Vigrin Mega was to facilitate enhancement of consumer experience through Nike's apps and to bring in additional expertise in order to improve their tech engineering. 

The primary goal of opening up B&M shops and dubbing them as "community stores" is Nike's initiative to expand the brand to economically underserved areas (all 7 of their community stores are in downtrodden locales) in hopes of strengthening those areas through the creation of sports programs, grants to local non-profit groups, and jobs to those who live in close proximity to those stores.

Nike is simply staying the course and continues to lead the way when it comes to grassroots initiatives. “Typically we’ll be one of the earliest movers in an area where retail is accelerating; we are part of that,” Christiana Shi, president of Nike global direct-to-consumer, told Forbes just before the opening of its first Community Store in downtown Detroit.

Even though Nike makes the most profit from it's B&M's, IMO it still needs its major retailers and heavily relies upon them because it's through these avenues that Nike is able to market their product vis-a-vis their competition from a retail perspective, see how their product is doing in certain markets, and monitor overall consumer trends.

Last edited:
This....is dumb as ****. Nike has doubled down on heritage so I can see them passing cause they are not in the market for new tech .... not because the boost creator doesn't advice color. Riddle me this why is Nike opening more brick and mortar shops after declaring in 2014 that online/app was the it's new wave for ensuring its 64% global market share....and since it bought a tech startup company in August does this mean its abandoning its app for the new-next (possibly a micro-brand)?

They're investing in communities aka marketing to places that believe it or not don't have internet or know how to use apps

B&M stores equals marketing. There's quite a few people that don't shop online. A ton of people love to go to stores.

Bingo

And if it's a Nike store there's no middle man getting some of the retail profit...

You get it. Nike makes all profit on their b&m stores.

Footlocker and other accounts pay wholesale. Nike pays cost

Peeps be sleeping hard on these
Great that everyone can eat and resellers letting go for little profit.
These are super quality and so fresh in da flesh!!
Hoping future 1 releases go down like this

B&M stores equals marketing. There's quite a few people that don't shop online. A ton of people love to go to stores.

I would buy the 'benevolent' corp rationale if ....Nike didn't just open a store zoned to the max in SoHo NYC (mind you it opened up the community-store in Brooklyn last year which it hasn't done anything with). Outside of the prime real estate in NYC Iit's opening a store in Paris -- not in the outer arrondissements which would have more citizens who aren't about that shop online life.

Of course couple this with Nike's major purchase of the startup in August .... and Bike is signaling the opposite -- they give two-***** about folks who aren't about that shop online life.

Last edited:

My SBB left shoe was warped and not flat, but after several wears it flatten itself with no issues.

Last edited:
View media item 2233740
O.L.1s close enough looks wise.
Ftr the red laces that came with '16 BT-1s doesnt quite match the red leather.
Someone in here said pages back, that
black tongue=red laces , white tongue =red black laces.

I agree with that.

Last edited:
Damn seeing all you guys pairs makes me impatient to get mines I scored on snkrs but since I had forgot I had my card with my LA address on the account makes me
Mad waiting til my sis ships my shoes these are one of my favorite 1s

I was ready to use my stockx coupon on buying a pair but they still 280 for size 8.5. I'm trying to get 220 shipped. Hopefully restock happens in the next 30 days or so.

$275 (shipped) is what I spent on these. 

I'm a size 9, so the prices are more expensive for my size. 

Last edited:
I know your feelings fam
frown.gif

#teamsamplesize
Oh yeah the first class L size! I still can't believe that i purchased a pair from the NDC/EU drop yesterday
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom