Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

These have become the go to for everyone who missed out on Dons :lol:

Fans have waited 17 years for a proper release of these. Just Dons like OVOs, Doernbechers and Yeezys cater to teenagers, resellers and people who were not even born when Jordan was in his prime. Their only appeal is being limited. People like being able to get their hands on something others can't. This along with the bred IV and both III counterparts are the most iconic and desirable Jordans aside from a couple of 1s and XIs. Before the announcement of the '88 release I thought the '99-00 retros would be the last proper versions of these shoes. I don't get why anyone is complaining about the $220 price tag when not long ago people would gladly pay that and more to secure a pair early or through resale. Sure compared to the $99-$115 from last decade it is a lot but not compared to what Nike has been charging for shoes for the last 4-5 years. Remember inflation devalues the dollar each year. Everything from cars to food has gone up as well in the same time period. I had to stop buying Js for a while because it was becoming too much of a hassle to buy any damn GR and I refused to reward leeches buying FSRs on the day of release. This is a great time for real fans of the shoes. The memories of my childhood and good times they bring back are priceless. I'm glad the posers are moving on to the next hot trend.

Yeah after everyone just took an L to the face with cream don 2's, I'm expecting these to be slightly more anticipated

17 years?

I've been waiting 27 years for this one. Still hoping the leather is proper. Cant really tell by the pics

Haha. I'm happy that the cement color is actually good this time around. The dark shade on the 2012s was hideous. I'm pretty sure we will be satisfied. We'll know for sure when we have it in hand. There have been so many fakes of these produced since the announcement that I don't trust anything I see before the RD. The molds will never be the same but in certain aspects I prefer the retro versions. For example I don't like the much lower elephant trim cut on the OG 3s. Just 2 more weeks to go.

I want these so bad but probably won't even try buying because of the hype haha.  I'm too old for this.

This should be a comfortable release. If this had dropped around '12-'13 there would have been total chaos. I think the black cements will be harder to get. A lot of younger people don't care about Nike Air vs. a Jumpman and many will see this as just another version of a plain white GR that released 4 yrs ago. The 2011 WC 3 release got no love at the time. It took the limited '88 release in 2013 for everyone to start friending for any WC 3 pair NA or Jumpman. Along with Valentine's Day gifts, All Star Weekend releases and Adidas competition if you want these you will get them as long as you get them the same day.

If I'm being honest and I had to choose a between the Air Revs and the 4s in the Do the Right Thing, I'd probably take the Revs with the original height, actual leather,etc. Not to take away from these 4s though, definitely in for a pair. Hopefully it won't get too crazy in the socal area come release day.
This

I care more that these are the correct shade of grey and hopefully what seems to be better leather. Nike Air is of course a bonus.

Hoping to cop in-store so I can wear them right out, if not, NDC for the disco code(s) :pimp:

Flaws and all, I still can't wait to get these. Had the 99s until they cracked on me. Had 2012s and sold them for cheap. These will be in the regular rotation

Back
Top Bottom