Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Damn those pics are looking good. Hope I can grab online or win a raffle but there are supposably so many being made I shouldn't have a problem right? I never win raffles tho lol if anyone get/has an extra sz 9 hook a brotha up!

That toe cap leather is atrocious. They slammed it like a mid 90's S-10. Its almost underneath the cement forefoot midsole now. Why couldn't they just raise it up ffs?

That toe cap leather is atrocious. They slammed it like a mid 90's S-10. Its almost underneath the cement forefoot midsole now. Why couldn't they just raise it up ffs?
ive accepted a long time ago that for whatever reason this is something that they will never fix 
mean.gif

why? who knows! 

That pleather looks hard as rock.  What's remastered about these?  It looks like these were made OUT OF cement.

Last edited:
I hope all these people pissing and moaning pass on these, more for people who actually want a pair. [emoji]128526[/emoji]

ive accepted a long time ago that for whatever reason this is something that they will never fix 
mean.gif

why? who knows! 
They fixed the netting though...

Jordan always has to ghettofy something somewhere. Its almost as if the man thinks he can improve on the designs.

So is this considered an Air Jordan IV 3/4 white/cement? When does the real 4/4 height come out? 

Still waiting on a real XI...

Last edited:
I hope all these people pissing and moaning pass on these, more for people who actually want a pair. [emoji]128526[/emoji]
You and I both know they cappin', they'll be the first ones submitting a gazillion raffle tix trying to secure......just to come back in here and complain about quality on release day [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I want to cop, But I'm not sure if they are worth $300 here in Canada. Does anybody know how comfortable these are compared to the 2012's?

Why is that something to clown on? Of course I'll be buying them but god damb, its just a f'n shame that they can't get their own shoe right when we have 2016 technology at our disposal. They did the OG 1s right...right-ish, why can't they just get the dimensions right on the panels? How can they not see that the whole shape is unlike the shoe they're claiming to reproduce? Its crystal clear now that when they say 'Remastered' they mean 'Nike Air with leather'.  

Yeah, I'll be buying them because I don't want to wait another 20 years for them to do this again with a fixed toe, netting and shape but the Jumpman is back. Jordan Brand had pure focus the past 2 years now it seems like everyone is on an extended vacation and the interns have taken over the design department.

Okay, let me start by saying, I've had a long history with this shoe.  It's one of my favorites of all time.  I owned and played high school ball in the OG's, I own DS 1999 retros that I purchased at Foot Locker in 1999 and I have the 2012's also (which were a major, major disappointment, to say the least).  I wanted the 2016's badly when we first heard the rumors about them releasing.  It was a no-brainer to me.  But after seeing "leaked" pics over the last few months, I began to doubt their quality.  Then after seeing pics and vids more recently, I began to wonder if I wanted them at all.

So, I say all this, because I had a chance to see them in person today.  The manager at my local House of Hoops let me check out a pair.  I spent a good 5 minutes with them and my verdict is this...

Is the material better than the 2012's?  Yes.  I was one of those who thought the material looked the same as the 2012's, but it is not.  The good news is, it is better, but don't get all excited, because there is still a cheap feeling to the material.  It's not hard plastic like the 2012's were, but it still feels kind of cheap.

Plus, the shape is identical to the 2012's, so that's not great.  So, they have failed at making them "as close to the OG's as possible" in that sense.  The shade of grey is good, the Nike Air looks nice and the speckles are better than the 2012's also.

At the end of the day, I went there thinking I would have a definitive decision either way, but after seeing them up close and personal, I'm still not sure I want them.  Up here in Canada, the retail is almost $340 after tax and they are definitely not worth that amount of money.  If I lived in the U.S. and could get them for $220, I probably would, but my honest opinion is, this there is no justification for raising the price on these.  There is nothing about the quality of this release that justifies a $60 price increase from the 2012 release.  Yes, the material slightly better, but definitely not $60 better.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Okay, let me start by saying, I've had a long history with this shoe.  It's one of my favorites of all time.  I owned and played high school ball in the OG's, I own DS 1999 retros that I purchased at Foot Locker in 1999 and I have the 2012's also (which were a major, major disappointment, to say the least).  I wanted the 2016's badly when we first heard the rumors about them releasing.  It was a no-brainer to me.  But after seeing "leaked" pics over the last few months, I began to doubt their quality.  Then after seeing pics and vids more recently, I began to wonder if I wanted them at all.

So, I say all this, because I had a chance to see them in person today.  The manager at my local House of Hoops let me check out a pair.  I spent a good 5 minutes with them and my verdict is this...

Is the material better than the 2012's?  Yes.  I was one of those who thought the material looked the same as the 2012's, but it is not.  The good news is, it is better, but don't get all excited, because there is still a cheap feeling to the material.  It's not hard plastic like the 2012's were, but it still feels kind of cheap.

Plus, the shape is identical to the 2012's, so that's not great.  So, they have failed at making them "as close to the OG's as possible" in that sense.  The shade of grey is good, the Nike Air looks nice and the speckles are better than the 2012's also.

At the end of the day, I went there thinking I would have a definitive decision either way, but after seeing them up close and personal, I'm still not sure I want them.  Up here in Canada, the retail is almost $340 after tax and they are definitely not worth that amount of money.  If I lived in the U.S. and could get them for $220, I probably would, but my honest opinion is, this there is no justification for raising the price on these.  There is nothing about the quality of this release that justifies a $60 price increase from the 2012 release.  Yes, the material slightly better, but definitely not $60 better.

Just my 2 cents.
I appreciate that review bro, thanks :smokin . I'm in the same boat. I think I'll have to see these for myself so I can make up my mind too. I've went from a definite cop, to on the fence now due to the price, and leather quality concerns.

Back
Top Bottom