Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Forget a pizza party for this release. If I cop, I'm getting myself a small cake to celebrate lol this will be my first pair of 4's I will own. I only like the "Cement" and "Bred" 4's.

Last edited:
Major lag, but I've been really busy and meant to have these up awhile back.

Main differences; tongue and collar is overall more plush on the '99. Wings are slightly higher, tab eyelets are larger, grey is lighter.

The tab is slightly lower and is curved to the heel cup, opposed to the '99 being more higher flat, and the font being more separated.

That density
pimp.gif

Tabs used to be really thick, not they're made out of a sort of vinyl material.

Red herringbone traction pod and NIKE is more of a fire red, rather than varsity red

1999 $100 2016 $220 More than double the price.

Accessories

Solid pick up. The material is pretty soft, the shoe is not too much different from the '12 but the made all the right changes. Most will be happy, some will be disappointed.

I would love to see a 99 comparison to the 2016s. Anyone got pics or a vid?
As mentioned, MJO23DAN will have that video in a few days, but my man @AirThompson did a comparison in picture form last week. Should be easy to find through his post history.
Bump.

For those of us like myself, who are still on the fence but about to fall off.
Can we get a really good pros and cons debate going?
I have a DS pair of the last retro that won't see the light of day.
So I need some help deciding, because I'm pretty much over the NA branding being on the shoes.

So I need some help deciding, because I'm pretty much over the NA branding being on the shoes.
if you got the 2012s as DS either sell em on ebay right now or throw em in the trash, worst quality I have ever seen on a jordan

Grey off top is beyond horrible. The sample grey was perfect, but it's like the purposely changed it to leave the door open for a more proper retro.

Speckle is almost nonexistent. Its too small and not noticeable behind that awful grey.

Leather is shin split worthy. Beyond uncomfortable. 2016 is noticeable softer.

Netting isn't too pieced, with more correct blocking, and I'm sure it's yellowing by now.

The bottom eyelet tab has the extra wing on the bottom, small detail to some.

Overall I'd get rid of my 2012s like I did years ago to get a proper retro like these.

2012s aren't even beater worthy. Joints are a horrible rendition of the WC 4s. 

Don't care much about that as I got the shoes for way below retail... I like having a pair with jumpan and another with a NA on it. Reason Im keeping them.

Man I really hope Nike/SNKRS get some act right tomorrow, because that foam release was BS! Wouldn't even work for me the first 10 mins. And now I am still waiting in line. SMDH

Man I really hope Nike/SNKRS get some act right tomorrow, because that foam release was BS! Wouldn't even work for me the first 10 mins. And now I am still waiting in line. SMDH
they sold out a while ago (even at your time of post)....

Last edited:
Checking in from south FL. Just got a call from a local FTA. Thats 2 pairs locked down for me. Hope everyone eats.

Back
Top Bottom