Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Never had the 89s, just used to the retro 4s from 2000 and up.

Left pair 2012s. Prefer netting down. Only time til the netting breaks faster on the 2016 pairs.

I've never heard of netting breaking. Regardless they'll crumble before that happens.

Even if we ignore the toe box I'm disappointed in the materials used on these in general. The netting is maybe a step in the right direction but it's still way off from the 89/99. Also the leather. They should've just used that nice soft synthetic leather like the 99s that didn't crease at all. These are real leather but it's crappy so it makes for more defects. The plastic tabs are also more like rubber. These are nice but I'm glad I still have an intact pair of 99s that I can look at cause they still haven't come close to making a real pair of 4s since then.
agree

I've never heard of netting breaking. Regardless they'll crumble before that happens.
yes.  never broke the netting on mine or have seen them broken.  only way to break them is to intentionally break them or have it get stuck to something while walking which is rare...

it is possible that the netting on the 16 are not as strong as the 99's.  it wouldnt be suprising if there would be some type of problem for the netting on these 16's....

does anyone have pics of a used pair of 12's to see how they ended up with creases on them. a deadstock version has zero creases.  thank you.

Last edited:
Anyone else think that the quality of the leather on these is similar to the leather that was on the most recent military blue IV's?

Anyone else think that the quality of the leather on these is similar to the leather that was on the most recent military blue IV's?

they are the exact same leather as the first military blue and fire red iv retros

toe cap leather is way better though

Last edited:
Just got these. I don't feel that wwwwoowwwwww factor most are feeling. I thought I'd be excited and all but I just feel mehhhh. Great quality, leather on point, glue smell like a meth lab. Just feel blahhh.

Feel for everyone with legit issues.. fortunately for me I didn't find any issues at all.

For those asking.. this shoe does run big.. which worked out for me because I'm normally a Nike 12 but went with 11.5 for this pair from SNKRS.

Go with the skinny Nudies pairs or APC. Dior Homme if you got the cash. Best skinny fit you'll find. Evisu & Prps also have some models that do it well. If you look for them you can find them at outlets or a Century 21 for $100, maybe a little more.
im gonna try these out .I have this weird problem where some 34s are too tight, and then i try 36s and those are too loose. :frown: 

Just got these. I don't feel that wwwwoowwwwww factor most are feeling. I thought I'd be excited and all but I just feel mehhhh. Great quality, leather on point, glue smell like a meth lab. Just feel blahhh.

If yours came without flaws, and you're still not satisfied, I'm gonna assume your appreciation of classic Jordan retros is non-existent. Anyone complaining about the smell of these should just let them air out for a couple weeks. It's no different than the toxic fumes that the interior of a new car emits; it'll dissipate over a short period of time.

Last edited:
they are the exact same leather as the first military blue and fire red iv retros

toe cap leather is way better though

I can only speak to the 2012s but I thought those were pretty spot on relative to these. Kind of a shame when you think about it.

Also.. waiting on a size 12 from Eastbay which I'd love to trade someone for a size 11.5.. just putting that out there.

Last edited:

If yours came without flaws, and you're still not satisfied, I'm gonna assume your appreciation of classic Jordan retros is non-existent. Anyone complaining about the smell of these should just let them air out for a couple weeks. It's no different than the toxic fumes that the interior of a new car emits; it'll dissipate over a short period of time.
you don't like the beloved new car smell? Never have I ever heard it referred to as toxic.

Back
Top Bottom