Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Has their been a problem with these cracking like the BRED 4s in 2012?
I don't think I've read about anyone having peeling or cracking issues on here. iirc. We have seen posts maybe a year ago about paint specs getting smudged. Heat? Rubbing midsoles with something in a hot day? Wiping too much or with an abrasive chemical cleaner? Jury is still out on that one.

Seeing these in my size for basically retail on kicks crew- I get the sense they are legit considering all the pre orders and copping throughout the different threads here- but has anyone had issues with "legit" pairs but maybe b grade/defects/used? Can I order with confidence?
Only thing that throws me off are some older models they still have at retail or below...

how long can I keep a pair DS assuming that eventually they'll go on feet? should I break them in around the house now or can I wait another year? I don't want them to crack or peel once they go into rotation.

8DF0B153-CC91-4925-8B78-6B6B1188369A.jpeg

0B546904-4037-4441-98B9-CE45FA17568D.jpeg
14C9A9A1-9BAA-483B-8E4E-7B16A42DB8F2.jpeg
434BDA76-7A7D-4BE6-980C-038A0B7725FC.jpeg

huh, crazy just got up to check my beater pairs and the paint is cracking too. And you can't even see into the air bubble with all the dirt caked on it.

Noticed paint chipping/peeling on my previous pair but it's nowhere as bad as the older retros of 4s were. Guess they used a different paint or chemical(?) that makes it more heavy duty?

wow, seeing these pics and hearing comments ... I'm definitely pulling my DS pair out of the box and breaking them in around the house. I like to wear my shoes, but i keep 6-7 in rotation and also double up on the classics.

...also gives me a renewed appreciation for the 1's and how indestructible they are!!

The shoes sitting in a box unworn isn't going to make the paint suddenly lose adherence :lol:

Nice to see some pictures of the cracking. I'm at least 80 wears in since RD and fall into the group that haven't had any issues, but I'm unsurprised that it still happens.

This level of improvement is probably good enough to where very few people will have paint endurance issues, but they probably can't shake them entirely without either changing the polyurethane compound (I'm guessing they haven't gone back to dye because it also doesn't stick to this dense PU well) or finally moving to a new midsole material.

Only worry I have with the pair I own is the outsole has slight separation. Wearable, maybe over repeated wears or just plain aging it'll separate more over time.

Back
Top Bottom