Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Paint it white

Carefully

I painted them and they are good as new! 20180413_084910.jpg

Attachments

• 20180413_084910.jpg
    20180413_084910.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 70
I used flat white Angelus paint on mine
I wasn’t that careful and got some paint on some of the mesh
Not too bad tho you can only see it in certain angles in the light lol

Attachments

• E0AE65E6-F3D3-4AD0-B9C7-41213183DA7A.jpeg
    E0AE65E6-F3D3-4AD0-B9C7-41213183DA7A.jpeg
    256.1 KB · Views: 89
:nthat: 888sneakerst 888sneakerst .... Damn bro. They look good. Good ish bro. What paint did you use?

I used Angelus White acrylic leather paint. I've never painted shoes before. I was pretty careful, but it only took like 10-15 minutes per shoe. I ordered a tiny 1oz paint bottle from someone on Etsy for $7.40 and picked up a pack of brushes from Michaels for $5. I did 2 coats of paint and tried not to get globs of it on the mesh underneath. Some paint did get on the mesh, but it vanished after it dried. I cleaned the mesh really well with some Rit whitener before hand. The paint dries pretty quick, but I let it sit overnight before I put the laces on. The paint is flexible, sticks to the rubber netting really well, exactly what you need for this.

I wore these shoes a lot and they were kept in my garage over a couple of summers when they were in heavy use. I didn't think they would yellow so soon, but I guess my garage can get pretty warm some days. Anyway, I'll try to keep them in my closet from now on.

20180413_102757.jpg

On some videos I see folks just paint the whole thing
Mesh and netting
Not sure if the mesh starts to yellow or not
Put if it does painting should do the trick

I have 3 pair I got on release day. 2 have not cracked and on has lightly. I have worn them about 30 days a piece....

Wish I didn’t return my 3rd pair tbh. I’ve had 50 wears on my first pair and no cracking. Still looks good but the mesh is slightly yellow.

Anyone know where to get white replacement laces for these in a size 9.5? Asking for a friend

Is there a certain length for each size? Appreciate the quick response

Yes. In measured my 3s (infrared 23) and ordered shorter black ones based on how I like to tie them. Personally these 4s have laces that are WAY too long so I would measure to your liking.

https://www.lifestorage.com/blog/storage/shoe-storage-101-shoe-racks-boxes-horns-and-more/

Materials to Use
Acid-free paper is absorbent and maintains shoes’ proper moisture level while protecting the shoes from soil. When using paper to stuff shoes for moderate- or long-term storage, opt for acid-free tissue instead of newsprint.

While paper may not have enough heft to fill boots and thick leather or felted shoes, unbleached muslin fabric is an excellent alternative. Like paper, muslin wicks away residual moisture, and it also protects metal buckles and fragile sequins from scratches.

Before storing shoes, clean them thoroughly and apply leather conditioner to leather soles and uppers. Stuff shoes with just enough material to smooth the toe box and heel but not enough to stretch these areas. Wrap the filled shoes with a length of muslin or acid-free paper before placing the shoes in their storage containers.

How should I store my Jordans in order to keep them from discoloring?

THX

I kept mine in a shoe cabinet that was in the garage because I was wearing them a lot. It got warm in my garage a lot in the summers. I suspect this was the reason for yellowing along with normal use on hot days in the sun. I never had white 4s before. So I didn't even think about yellowing. White paint rescued this pair.

I kept mine in a shoe cabinet that was in the garage because I was wearing them a lot. It got warm in my garage a lot in the summers. I suspect this was the reason for yellowing along with normal use on hot days in the sun. I never had white 4s before. So I didn't even think about yellowing. White paint rescued this pair.
Yeah It really sucks they should b workin' on those yellowing issues

Is there a certain length for each size? Appreciate the quick response
I've got different pairs of 4's (White cements and the two motorsports) in size 8 and they've all been about 62-63 inches. They're really long if you lace your shoes up normal (ie not loose) though.

Back
Top Bottom