Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

I actually think the leather of the Fire Red 5, White Cement 4 and Fire Red 4 was a improvement from the white durabuck they used to use. That material felt cheap and durabuck has a tendency to crack and peel over time with extensive wear.

Need a retro soon or gotta find a way to come up with the funds for a DS pair.
They'll probably come back in 2024 for the 35th anniversary. Under no circumstances can I recommend paying the ridiculous resale prices these now command. It's my favorite IV and I still unloaded both my pairs last year because it just isn't that great of a retro, and the mesh turns yellow shockingly quickly once you take them out of the dark and actually wear them around. Even looking at these latest pictures in this thread, I have zero regrets.

Last edited:
Would love a white cement 4 retro with the newer shape My all time favorite 4
8B2BBA3A-61D7-4EDC-A9E8-CD84972D9037.jpeg

Last edited:
They'll probably come back in 2024 for the 35th anniversary. Under no circumstances can I recommend paying the ridiculous resale prices these now command. It's my favorite IV and I still unloaded both my pairs last year because it just isn't that great of a retro, and the mesh turns yellow shockingly quickly once you take them out of the dark and actually wear them around. Even looking at these latest pictures in this this thread, I have zero regrets.
I thought it was solid. I could actually wear them unlike my Lightings and Fire Reds with the new shape. 🤷🏿‍♂️

IDK....If someone is a fan of 4s and WCs, and acquired these at retail and not keeping them, then you're not a genuine fan of the shoe. I wouldn't pay the current price, and offloaded my second pair shortly after launch (I generally don't do doubles; 2nd was a backup attempt in case of canceled orders, lost in shipping, etc.), AND the "leather" quality is not good, but it's acceptable, the shoe looks amazing, and I can't imagine not having them. Yes, the netting yellowed too quickly, but mine back in the day yellowed too eventually. Not to mention that people are paying good money to age shoes these days, so seems odd that would be a concern really if you're wearing them.

Anyway, hope the next retro is even better, and acquirable at retail.

IDK....If someone is a fan of 4s and WCs, and acquired these at retail and not keeping them, then you're not a genuine fan of the shoe. I wouldn't pay the current price, and offloaded my second pair shortly after launch (I generally don't do doubles; 2nd was a backup attempt in case of canceled orders, lost in shipping, etc.), AND the "leather" quality is not good, but it's acceptable, the shoe looks amazing, and I can't imagine not having them. Yes, the netting yellowed too quickly, but mine back in the day yellowed too eventually. Not to mention that people are paying good money to age shoes these days, so seems odd that would be a concern really if you're wearing them.

Anyway, hope the next retro is even better, and acquirable at retail.
:lol:
It's silly to proclaim someone "not a genuine fan" of the shoe because some of us didn't piss ourselves over this particular retro. This is my favorite IV going back to 1989 and I got two pairs on release day at retail. Couldn't stand how they looked once they yellowed when the rest of the shoe basically still looked brand new. And then, the more I looked at them, I also didn't appreciate the shape or practically low-cut height, and in my opinion they absolutely do not "look amazing." So I sold them used for what I paid for them new. Then I sold my DS pair because I realized I was just over this version. Same reason I sold all my 2015 Flight Huarache retros and previously all my 2003 WC IIIs, and those are two of my favorite shoes of all time, too. I'm done trying to convince myself a release gives me the feeling I'm after if it actually doesn't.

It's silly to proclaim someone "not a genuine fan" of the shoe because some of us didn't piss ourselves over this particular retro. This is my favorite IV going back to 1989 and I got two pairs on release day at retail. Couldn't stand how they looked once they yellowed when the rest of the shoe basically still looked brand new. And then, the more I looked at them, I also didn't appreciate the shape or practically low-cut height, and in my opinion they absolutely do not "look amazing." So I sold them used for what I paid for them new. Then I sold my DS pair because I realized I was just over this version. Same reason I sold all my 2015 Flight Huarache retros and previously all my 2003 WC IIIs, and those are two of my favorite shoes of all time, too. I'm done trying to convince myself a release gives me the feeling I'm after if it actually doesn't.

Fair point. These were my first Jordan's in '89, and despite its shortcomings, these remain in rotation and I enjoy wearing them. But humans will be humans and have different opinions and experiences; no issues with that!

‘03 WC IIIs didn’t float your boat? Dang. I always thought those were solid. Had to go back and look at them. What was wrong with those again? Would love for you to share. Please do tell.

‘03 WC IIIs didn’t float your boat? Dang. I always thought those were solid. Had to go back and look at them. What was wrong with those again? Would love for you to share. Please do tell.

Those were one of the most comfortable AJ3 retros imo.
Too bad they didn't have Nike Air on the heel though.

Oh the quality was solid and they were comfortable, no doubt. But I just can't stand that elephant print they were using then and basically continue to use. It takes a ton away from what made me always love the look of that shoe. Just personal preference.

To be honest mine yellowed quickly too and also the cut of the leather started cracking on from bending. Happy to have a pair I guess. I have a 99 pair I should resole them.
Same with my BC 3s toe cap yellowed pretty bad pretty quick

Last edited:
Wouldn’t drop the $800+ for a ds pair but my pair is so yellowed even after having them “restored” . Wear them now if your netting is still white… once it starts it gets ugly

How ya still got crispy white netting? My joints were yellowing like 3 years back :lol:

My netting is still pretty white. What i did was throw the black plastic paper away as soon as i got the shoes and keep them stored in my closet away from direct sunlight

DCB88C94-966B-460F-B1CC-E2C1DE8516FD.jpeg

The only way to keep them from yellowing is to wear them incredibly sparingly and otherwise keep them stored away in the dark as you did. If you took this pair here and wore it regularly for a month or two, it wouldn't look like that for long. The pair I wore--and we're talking less than 50 times across several years, which for people who don't have a billion shoes that they rotate, equates to less than two full months of daily wear--turned noticeably yellow. And I thought I was taking great care of them. I may not have always thrown them in the closet in the dark, but I live in SoCal with low humidity and in an air-conditioned place. It seems like simply leaving them in even non-direct, in-house light causes them to yellow. Pathetic, really.

Wait until they launch the "Reimagined" version (next year?) and it's pre-yellowed....which we all already have!

I had the '89s in '89. They yellowed. If you wear these in any real manner, they'll yellow. As kids we didn't care; we enjoyed them, and looked forward to the next year's Jays to see what they'd look like. The 5s thereafter blew our minds with the clear sole, reflective tongue, and shark teeth.

Back
Top Bottom