Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Yellowing slightly with heavy wear is a lot different than developing a full on golden color just sitting in a box. These new pairs are way different.

Agreed. Though mine haven't seen its box in years as they're part of my rotation. I have slight yellowing, which is more or less apparent depending on the lighting. Nothing piss yellow. I agree the quality/materials aren't what they should be, but I'm not stressing.

had to check after the hub bub in this thread

wore these 3 times max, netting def. off white colorish

F4EC3930-1AE6-4CF7-9AE5-7F997C224A31.jpeg

They'll probably come back in 2024 for the 35th anniversary. Under no circumstances can I recommend paying the ridiculous resale prices these now command. It's my favorite IV and I still unloaded both my pairs last year because it just isn't that great of a retro, and the mesh turns yellow shockingly quickly once you take them out of the dark and actually wear them around. Even looking at these latest pictures in this thread, I have zero regrets.​

Sold mine with no regrets too.

I wanted to like these but the quality was poor to say the least.​

:lol:
It's silly to proclaim someone "not a genuine fan" of the shoe because some of us didn't piss ourselves over this particular retro. This is my favorite IV going back to 1989 and I got two pairs on release day at retail. Couldn't stand how they looked once they yellowed when the rest of the shoe basically still looked brand new. And then, the more I looked at them, I also didn't appreciate the shape or practically low-cut height, and in my opinion they absolutely do not "look amazing." So I sold them used for what I paid for them new. Then I sold my DS pair because I realized I was just over this version. Same reason I sold all my 2015 Flight Huarache retros and previously all my 2003 WC IIIs, and those are two of my favorite shoes of all time, too. I'm done trying to convince myself a release gives me the feeling I'm after if it actually doesn't.​

ezgif-1-df767b2df4002.gif

XQxPqME.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HELL MF'N YEAH!!! SELL, OR TOSS THEM LOW TOPS ****S!!!

I offed my pairs YEARS ago!!! I just can't tolerate the low cut mf'n ankles collars. Sucks too, because this is my all-time favorite silhouette. Sucks even more ,because literally after the BC 4 release, they went RIGHT back to it. I've passed, and WILL pass on every AJ 4, until they fix it. No matter how HARD the colorway is. The f'd up toe boxes too.

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l

Last edited:
Just saw a pair of these at the grocery about an hour ago.

First time in a long time that I’ve seen a pair in the wild.

Netting was more yellow than a hooker with Hepatitis B.

Other than that they were in fairly decent shape.

…timeless classic.

Well I was going to wait until I had in hand, but the dilemma is.
I have a pair on the way from a local seller but he's claiming he's dropped them off at his local post office but the tracking says "Shipment Ready for UPS." Been saying that for exactly for a week now. He's a pretty big reseller here in the Houston area and does good business, just hard to reach and kind of annoying because I don't want to keep bugging him essentially saying he's lying. So now, I patiently wait. I'll give him a few more days before I hit him up again.

spongebob-thinking.gif

ezgif-1-df767b2df4002.gif

XQxPqME.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HELL MF'N YEAH!!! SELL, OR TOSS THEM LOW TOPS ****S!!!

I offed my pairs YEARS ago!!! I just can't tolerate the low cut mf'n ankles collars. Sucks too, because this is my all-time favorite silhouette. Sucks even more ,because literally after the BC 4 release, they went RIGHT back to it. I've passed, and WILL pass on every AJ 4, until they fix it. No matter how HARD the colorway is. The f'd up toe boxes too.

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l
Always here for it 😂😂

Id go from buying almost none to lots of og and good cw if they ever got the 4's shape right. Jb taking L's as far as getting the most of my money they can and 4's are one of my favs. If 2024 they knock the ball out of the park on some wc4's they can do whatever the f they want after. And lemme get some torros in good shape. But they never do the 4's right..

Sold my double up of these today... I've had these since maybe 2017, went to take one last look/goodbye and thought yeahhh all good I'm not going to miss them. Thought I'd always want to keep my second pair but when you look at the shape, the height of the upper and the shin-guard tongue, I'll be alright.....
IMG_4647.jpeg

Plus the inevitable netting going yellow, here's my pair I've worn out maybe 30+ times. Always took care of them and avoided rainy days etc. I think the lighting makes it look less yellow too.
IMG_4650.jpeg

Obviously I'll be back again when Jordan Brand reimagines these in a few years with all the above fixed but with pre-aged uppers or something nobody asked for :lol:

Idk man are y’all storing them right? My pair still icey after being worn a handful of times since their release. Love my pair :pimp: 🤷🏾‍♂️
1BDB00A9-09FB-4977-AEF6-79562125EC4B.jpeg
24D76C44-5087-4F76-95E0-3ECE6A61C8F5.jpeg

If you leave them in the box in the dark inside a closet inside a climate-controlled home at all times and only wear them a handful of times, they will look like your pair. If you actually rock them for a month or two worth of wears--no matter how "light" those wears are--they will do exactly what gl416 gl416 's pair has done. My first pair, it was the EXACT same thing. It seems like any typical real-life exposure to UV light and fresh air is a no no if you want to keep the netting from turning yellow.

It’s the sun mostly imo. A handful of wears walking outside in the sun will definitely turn them yellow. Wearing them inside to the mall or something probably won’t.
Exactly. I had worn my pair so little that when I looked at them one day and realized they had yellowed noticeably, I at first thought I was imagining things or the light in my house was playing a trick on me LOL. I couldn’t believe such little use had allowed it to happen already.

Thing is, mine are pretty yellowed but I've always kept them pretty clean and in a dark climate-controlled room. It's no biggie that they yellowed anyway, at the end of the day they're just shoes and shoes are meant to be worn. I'm just glad I copped mine before the prices went stupid. And for what they go for now..... Sheesh

Unlaced looks sloppy to me, but lazy Sunday morning…
(plus that elastic on the tongue keeps em on just fine)

And don’t mind some yellowing, like others I think these look better with some patina. But can’t blame folks for getting annoyed with them getting patina just sitting in the box …

04EA34B9-A5DC-443C-8FFD-E3DC1EC7577E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom