NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

Looks good. I think wrinkling is inevitable; when you're compressing the height of the material there, it doesn't shrink and has to go somewhere. I'm actually surprised people aren't seeing way more wrinkling when going from a high toe cliff to super angled.
It's easy to avoid the wrinkles. Follow the method I posted previously and it will not wrinkle. You just have to make sure you stuff the toe boes fully with socks. Wrinkles happen when people just use shoe trees and not along with socks. The shape of a shoe tree will not fill up the toe even close to completely. Then you get wrinkles because you're pushing down on the toes with nothing to support the toes.
What’s so trash about the leather other than people whining about creases? This is the same stuff on the Fire Red 5s that came out. A lot of you guys had NO PROBLEM with that. Freaking hilarious. :lol:
It looks and feels worse than the leather on my FR Vs. It might just be down to that finish they put on the Vs. But as we've seen over and over, it also has way more flaws etc in it than anything I remember seeing on a retro Jordan, this widespread, in forever.

It looks and feels worse than the leather on my FR Vs. It might just be down to that finish they put on the Vs. But as we've seen over and over, it also has way more flaws etc in it than anything I remember seeing on a retro Jordan, this widespread, in forever.
Don’t even make me take my pair out again and inspect them. :lol:

Got around to comparing these to my Motorsports as I was thinking the leather "quality" is similar. Sure enough, it's nearly identical. With some time and careful inspection, one could argue that these are up to 5% softer, but it's a really freak'n close call. I don't believe most people felt the Motorsports were good quality at all (though they look awesome!).

Also, the height is 100% identical (bottom heel tab placement, top of heel tap, ankle collar. Only difference is the wings are about 2-3mm higher on these, but that didn't affect the height at all; they just sit right at the top of the shoe instead of slightly lower on the Motorsports.

To the connoisseur, the cuts around the shoe are improved on these (angles and distance from the midsole), however, at a quick glance most people would see these as the same shape.

I think the BC4s definitely had the most obvious height change.

My left has a better toe shape than my Motorsports, while the right is very slightly worse, but compared to what I've seen here on recent pages I'm happier overall that before, which is good b/c I'm unlikely to get my DSG pair shipped.

More attention to details on these would have been nice given its first reappearance since '89 in OG format.....Oh well.....still look awesome to me.

Got around to comparing these to my Motorsports as I was thinking the leather "quality" is similar. Sure enough, it's nearly identical. With some time and careful inspection, one could argue that these are up to 5% softer..
I was actually surprised with the softness on these. I didn’t expect it and I remember really bad leather on most 4’s from the Gentry years before he moved to Foam’s. It was horrendous.

I was actually surprised with the softness on these. I didn’t expect it and I remember really bad leather on most 4’s from the Gentry years before he moved to Foam’s. It was horrendous.

They're fine; I guess I just wouldn't call them soft. I have others that I would say are way softer to the touch: Oreo, Alt Motorsports, Teal, What The, Black Gum Laser.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining; I'm fine with these, just not "soft" to the touch per se. I think the biggest issue with this release is the unusually large QC problems. Every shoe will have issues, and I'm OK with that as a reality, but some of the funky shapes and gouges on these are insane. I don't care about creases or wrinkling on these; I think that's fine.

I didn't think the leather is all that great, I got pretty lucky with my pair and QC issues. Mine only have a couple random glue "spots" around the shoe, that really can't see unless u get it in the right light so. I am super happy on that side of things after seeing what others got.

But I really dont get how they can put better leather on Dunks usually and that shoe cost $50 less. It's whatever tho, I do love the shoe.

They're fine; I guess I just wouldn't call them soft. I have others that I would say are way softer to the touch..

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining; I'm fine with these, just not "soft" to the touch per se. I think the biggest issue with this release is the unusually large QC problems.
I didn't think the leather is all that great, I got pretty lucky with my pair and QC issues.
Ok, I just pulled my pair out again because you guys got me doubting what I saw and felt. All I can say is on MY PAIR the leather is soft to the touch and it is some nice leather for this 4. I can agree that quality control hasn’t been good for this release, but as far as leather(on my pair at least), it is really good. As most people know on here, I usually complain about the stuff JB uses on retros, but it’s actually pretty good on these. All I can say is people should’ve copped more than one pair to keep the best one. 🤷‍♂️

So I called Eastbay because I have still yet to receive my package from USPS (still in transit and listed as delayed after 5 days past delivery date) and they said if i don’t receive it by next Tuesday, they are going to start an investigation and most likely refund my money.

So I called Eastbay because I have still yet to receive my package from USPS (still in transit and listed as delayed after 5 days past delivery date) and they said if i don’t receive it by next Tuesday, they are going to start an investigation and most likely refund my money.

My pair from FTA is late in transit, they better not lose this one - my package from adidas already got stolen

aye! I was watching home alone and noticed the Ice T poster and he had on fire red 4’s :rofl: only sneaker heads would notice details like that. My wife was like why you pausing it
E328AD0A-AE7F-4083-A630-58A3166ED5E6.jpeg

I thought he did a great review on the shoe. He touched on a lot of the opinions shared on this thread. Leather comparison/quality control/sentimental nostalgia/etc...

They're fine; I guess I just wouldn't call them soft. I have others that I would say are way softer to the touch: Oreo, Alt Motorsports, Teal, What The, Black Gum Laser.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining; I'm fine with these, just not "soft" to the touch per se. I think the biggest issue with this release is the unusually large QC problems. Every shoe will have issues, and I'm OK with that as a reality, but some of the funky shapes and gouges on these are insane. I don't care about creases or wrinkling on these; I think that's fine.
Yeah I would definitely not call it soft lol not at all

Forgot I got the PSGs....It's hilarious. Unlike the FRs, where you have to go back and forth comparing to others (like I noted above) to determine if they're soft or not, with the PSGs you can just touch them on their own and know "these are soft"....heh. FRs look amazing and have the history, and I'll always prefer that colorway, however, the PSGs have amazing construction and materials; so happy I decided to get them. I'm not one for paying resell, and definitely not interested in hyped shoes. PSGs were not hyped, and were not very much over retail though. Prices on these will definitely rise over time, so if you're thinking of getting them, I'd go for it now before the happens as everyone is so focussed on holiday releases.

Anyway, can't wait to have somewhere to go so I can wear my FRs!

Ok, I just pulled my pair out again because you guys got me doubting what I saw and felt. All I can say is on MY PAIR the leather is soft to the touch and it is some nice leather for this 4. I can agree that quality control hasn’t been good for this release, but as far as leather(on my pair at least), it is really good. As most people know on here, I usually complain about the stuff JB uses on retros, but it’s actually pretty good on these. All I can say is people should’ve copped more than one pair to keep the best one. 🤷‍♂️
I’m jealous of how you got the only pair with good leather :lol:

I’m jealous of how you got the only pair with good leather :lol:
:lol: ...well, you know how much I complain about the leather used on the 13. I can honestly say the leather used on my pair is pretty good. Soft too. You better believe I’d be selling my pair(OG colorway or not)if this weren’t the case. I passed on one of my all-time favorite shoes because of the leather quality.

Back
Top Bottom