NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

I think it just has a shoe tree really stretching it tight.

I love that lots of OGs, of Any number not just 4s, had their own individual shapes and materials due to different factories and different runs.

It's like each one was its own individual piece of art. I even like how the tongues on the OG 4s were sloppy sometimes, makes each pair unique.

Same thing with finding a pair of Bordeaux 7s with lots of gold on the tongue.
I didn't even notice those shoe trees in them lol. But that sort of makes my point even stronger. All I'm saying is, if someone looks at those photos and thinks that's truly how the toes were slanted, it's not. I'm not arguing or anything, I'm just pointing it out for historical accuracy.

I didn't even notice those shoe trees in them lol. But that sort of makes my point even stronger. All I'm saying is, if someone looks at those photos and thinks that's truly how the toes were slanted, it's not. I'm not arguing or anything, I'm just pointing it out for historical accuracy.
Yea, depending on how you work a shoe tree it can DISTORT the original shape and make it look different.

But it can also make some old shoes look like those perfect-shape catalog pics.

353.jpg
354.jpg
355.jpg
356.jpg
357.jpg
358.jpg
359.jpg
360.jpg
361.jpg
362.jpg

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

OG 4's height and shape >>>>> Than EVERYTHING in this entire thread.

Call me a contrarian but

'99 shape >>>> '89 shape all day

Y'all just be caught up on nostalgia. As an objective party here, the "og shape" is nothing to write home about.. well as it pertains to the 4s.. the OG shape of the 12s tho.
12s are killng me.
Can tolerate most retro models including the 4s but the 12s shape is way off mark and in most cases just looks silly in contrast to its original.
Felt the same way with the 11s until recent OG CW runs...still waiting on a Columbia however.

Quality is all over the place with these fire red 4s.

After my 12th pair I finally came across one with decent quality. Many of the previous pairs arrived pre-creased as the leather was reminiscent of a wet baseball glove that lacked structure.

Wow, I can't believe you had to go through that many to get a pair that was satisfactory for you! But at least you're happy because that's what matters.

I admit I bypassed getting them because I was concerned about the leather quality based on pictures I saw and what people expounded on. I was also concerned about the natural yellowing by default on the netting parts due to aging.

It’s true a lot had crap pairs but luckily mine was in good shape.

I'm glad you lucked out with a satisfactory pair for your preference and standards.

13's shape been trash for a while but 12's shape been terrible for YEARS. XIV's getting up there.. It's been gradually worse with every retro. And the reason yall think various pair are more comfy than others are bc JB's garbage is so inconsistent.

AJ V Metallics from 2016 poop but 2020 FR V's and Top 3's >>>
AJ IV CG <<< AJ IV Lightning
AJ VI 2019 Infrared >>> AJ VI Carmine
AJ III BC <<< AJ III Red Cements. :sick:

13's shape been trash for a while but 12's shape been terrible for YEARS. XIV's getting up there.. It's been gradually worse with every retro. And the reason yall think various pair are more comfy than others are bc JB's garbage is so inconsistent.

AJ V Metallics from 2016 poop but 2020 FR V's and Top 3's >>>
AJ IV CG <<< AJ IV Lightning
AJ VI 2019 Infrared >>> AJ VI Carmine
AJ III BC <<< AJ III Red Cements. :sick:
Felt like top 3 5s could have had a better toe shape but definitely agree regarding the inconsistency. Same with dunks. Some are decent and some have the horrible bulbous toe.

To be clear.. I'm not even talking about shape (though its a big deal and worth talking about for the 789,904,527th time :lol:). I'm talking about fit alone.

You got guys swearing by a certain model and to some degree preferences and foot shapes make a difference but the reason there are so many POV's is that a certain model isnt even consistent within itself. I loved the 2016 BM's too. First time I got NA on them.

But they were poop compared to the 2006/7 drop (or any of the ones above) and not as comfortable at alllll. I can see two people who never owned both arguing each other down about how a V is or is not comfortable which is bananas when theyre so inconsistent, you'd barely find folks that can ever agree lol. Look at last page or so alone :lol:

To be clear.. I'm not even talking about shape (though its a big deal and worth talking about for the 789,904,527th time :lol:). I'm talking about fit alone.

You got guys swearing by a certain model and to some degree preferences and foot shapes make a difference but the reason there are so many POV's is that a certain model isnt even consistent within itself. I loved the 2016 BM's too. First time I got NA on them.

But they were poop compared to the 2006/7 drop (or any of the ones above) and not as comfortable at alllll. I can see two people who never owned both arguing each other down about how a V is or is not comfortable which is bananas when theyre so inconsistent, you'd barely find folks that can ever agree lol. Look at last page or so alone :lol:

2007 5 retro were done really well considering that era in Jordan retro. My 1007 Blk/metallic didn’t die until 2012

what about the fit in regards to the ‘16 5 retros that didn’t jive with you?

Last edited:
This past 20 years has been a waste retro-wise. :lol: Count how many shoes were done true to OG form. But don't try to count the releases that were BS because that's in the hundreds.

1999 4s
2000 5s
2001 3 Black-Cement (shape was off though)
2018 11 Concord
2019 6 Black-Infrared (they tried hard on this one, only complaint is that terrible suede)
2019 11 Black-Red (red on sole was too light)

I'll let you add the rest.

Less than ten shoes out of hundreds.:smh:

I love how they did this shoe. Great pic! 🔥
I've worn my pair three times inside the house. They've been sitting in my dark closet otherwise and the netting is starting to yellow slightly :lol:
Not at all suprised; in fact, it was expected. But it's mega lame. Freaking OG pairs don't have yellow netting more than 30 years later, but the IV retros with white netting turn yellow just sitting in the dark SMFH

I've worn my pair three times inside the house. They've been sitting in my dark closet otherwise and the netting is starting to yellow slightly :lol:
Not at all suprised; in fact, it was expected. But it's mega lame. Freaking OG pairs don't have yellow netting more than 30 years later, but the IV retros with white netting turn yellow just sitting in the dark SMFH
Jordan Brand needs to use better materials. We know this. :lol:

The 2016 WC4 retro I went half size down and they were definitely more comfortable either 4 I own right now. Feel like the ortholite insoles helped with comfort a bit.

Shape I couldn't tell you.

2007 5 retro were done really well considering that era in Jordan retro. My 1007 Blk/metallic didn’t die until 2012

what about the fit in regards to the ‘16 5 retros that didn’t jive with you?

They were tighter. I copped those from Sivas and had to pay to send them back bc they didn't fit. The padding was OD, the foot bed was more blocky, toe box less forgiving etc. Outside of that, they're not painful or anything.

Back
Top Bottom