NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

I pulled out my pair to wear today. These are probably my favorite 4's followed by the bred 4s.
6963162B-F80D-42BE-91F1-E3E000EC1ACA.jpeg

Fire red 4’s are great and very easy to clean

going to need a double up before price gets too crazy

I really don't get the calling these b/reds though because it doesn't make sense. The red thunders are b/red because its an all black and red shoe. The 13s are b/red because its an all black and red shoe, the b/red 11's are all black with hits of red + white midsole, same for b/red 1s. The only red parts on BC4's are on the outsole and the jumpman and behind the tongue and on the insole. Its mostly a black and gray shoe. The BC3's have a red jumpman, red eyelets and a is red inside the tongue and insole with a red nike on the bottom & some red on the outsole and no one will ever call those b/red 3's, same for metallic V's. I think the whole b/red discourse occurred with the b/red 11's. Had to have been. Oh well to each their own.

Last edited:
I really don't get the calling these b/reds though because it doesn't make sense. The red thunders are b/red because its an all black and red shoe. The 13s are b/red because its an all black and red shoe, the b/red 11's are all black with hits of red + white midsole, same for b/red 1s. The only red parts on BC4's are on the outsole and the jumpman and behind the tongue and on the insole. Its mostly a black and gray shoe. The BC3's have a red jumpman, red eyelets and a is red inside the tongue and insole with a red nike on the bottom & some red on the outsole and no one will ever call those b/red 3's, same for metallic V's. I think the whole b/red discourse occurred with the b/red 11's. Had to have been. Oh well to each their own.

It DID. In fact it happened right here on this board in the Jordan XI Playoff thread from the 2012 retro. I remember seeing someone randomly just called them that and I was like WTF is that. *****! :lol:

Then I started seeing it everywhere and you couldn't stop it. Never agreed with it, never will..don't care who calls it what. It's here to stay but when I see it, it's wrong and cringe.

It DID. In fact it happened right here on this board in the Jordan XI Playoff thread from the 2012 retro. I remember seeing someone randomly just called them that and I was like WTF is that. *****! :lol:

Then I started seeing it everywhere and you couldn't stop it. Never agreed with it, never will..don't care who calls it what. It's here to stay but when I see it, it's wrong and cringe.

Ha, that's crazy that it stuck. I think older heads or people who been in the game still call them black cements. I know I do, been doing it ever since I got my 1st retro back in 06 with the retro card.

It’s always been black cement 4. I guess I’m just an old man because I’ll forever call then BC 4’s. I can’t call any black/red shoe “bread” it's sounds so lame to me :lol:
Whenever I hear someone say “bread” to describe a shoe I cringe :sick::lol:

I totally agree with your stance. It sounds dumber than remedial whenever I hear "bread" to describe a shoe. "Bread" will always be an edible thing to me. Or "bred" will always mean someone trained or taught to be a specific way or do something in a particular manner.

People who think it sounds cool to say or try to come off as cool by using "bread" are just lame losers to me.

Some immature loser at a Foot Locker tried to actually educate me about why the black/red XI from 2019 were called "bread" last year because he assumed I didn't know. It's not that I don't know, it's that I refuse to use that term because it's asinine to me. I elaborated I knew what he meant, but refused to use that term because it was dumb. I even told him not to try to educate me because that term has no credibility with me.

Personally i say both :lol:

y’all know which shoe i’m talking about either way

That dumber than remedial "bread" term is just corny overall. Integrating colors into a single word is lame.

I prefer to identify or refer to shoes as their actual color name because it's more distinctive that way. Like Black Cement IV sounds more original and identifiable to most Jordan Brand enthusiasts out there.

Some immature fool who works at Foot Locker in Topanga Mall complimented my Black Cement IV from 2019 using that asinine term back in July, so I had to educate to his ignorant a%$ that Black Cement was the traditional term. Those shoes and their true name existed before he was born.

The younger clowns born after specific classic Jordan models have to F things up by coming up with remedial or corny names.

And don't get my guy 3god 3god and I started on this one, but perhaps "Raptors" VII is the worst and dumbest name ever because the shoes existed 3 years before that team entered the NBA. How the F are they going to rename those VII after a team that started playing in the league a few years later when those shoes preceded them?

Has everyone who got a pair of these Fire Red IV been satisfied with the quality? I noticed the materials, particularly the leather, got a lot of flak based on reading feedback about them.

Back
Top Bottom