NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

Kind of off topic here but here what Mike is up to this weekend. My brother in law is in this tournament and Mike has taken up sport fishing as a serious hobby. Jordan and his Crew reeled in a 442 pound Marlin in June. I guess golfing wasn’t cutting it as it’s a much bigger rush reeling in a fish that big compared to a hole in one. Tough to match the intensity and competition of what Mike experienced in his b ball career. Much more expensive hobby too. I’m no pro but reeling in my first tuna this past summer was an amazing experience and the whole scene is surreal. Here’s a few pics including one my bro in law took from his boat. Mikes considering buying his other boat a Viking 72. Notice the elephant print lol.
K

A9043D8D-A9A2-471B-9A25-5E565E19380C.jpeg

EB52224D-D845-4611-8563-5EA73C553E9F.png

Kind of off topic here but here what Mike is up to this weekend. My brother in law is in this tournament and Mike has taken up sport fishing as a serious hobby. Jordan and his Crew reeled in a 442 pound Marlin in June. I guess golfing wasn’t cutting it as it’s a much bigger rush reeling in a fish that big compared to a hole in one. Tough to match the intensity and competition of what Mike experienced in his b ball career. Much more expensive hobby too. I’m no pro but reeling in my first tuna this past summer was an amazing experience and the whole scene is surreal. Here’s a few pics including one my bro in law took from his boat. Mikes considering buying his other boat a Viking 72. Notice the elephant print lol.
K

A9043D8D-A9A2-471B-9A25-5E565E19380C.jpeg

EB52224D-D845-4611-8563-5EA73C553E9F.png
Nice, Tell MJ to check out the ig Smokecitykicks Smokecitykicks and to smoke one with me and Mr. Johnny next time he’s in Ellenwood again.

Nice find, friend. When you first posted that outfit, I was secretly trying to find it. Now with the style code, it's easy.

Unfortunately, the top is harder to find, at least in a size large, as posted above.

Matte 3M tongue and improved comfort as well as leather I'm assuming, would put these at or above the 2000s. I think the 2000s used open cell polyurethane for the midsole instead of closed cell like today's releases? Since open cell PU is softer and more comfortable but degrades much faster. If a harder midsole is the price we pay for longevity then so be it. I'd prefer they last long than by the time I get to my second pair the midsole is at risk of cracking or chipping.
20200512_110348.jpg

Either way I love my pair and will be doubling up on the remainder of the OG 5s. Wish I'd done the same on the Metallics but those prices now are :smh:
There was a lot of talk of open- and closed-cell PU. How do y'all know about this? This is the first I've ever heard of that.

There was a lot of talk of open- and closed-cell PU. How do y'all know about this? This is the first I've ever heard of that.
Because some of us have been into this for a LONG time, and it's been covered by people in the industry, interviews, articles, etc. It's no great mystery, you just learn this stuff if you consume sneaker info as a hobby/interest. No different to a lot of products people dork out on and research, be it cars or TVs or speakers etc.

Yeah, definitely a sole swap; lots of misalignments. The issue with placement on recent retros is that the "R" is way to the right of the "E" which makes it look so off.

If that's an OG, I'm surprised how low the wings and back heel are. The single pick just above is WAY higher.

Because some of us have been into this for a LONG time, and it's been covered by people in the industry, interviews, articles, etc. It's no great mystery, you just learn this stuff if you consume sneaker info as a hobby/interest. No different to a lot of products people dork out on and research, be it cars or TVs or speakers etc.
I have asked a lot of people, but have you worn the OG's? I always just wanted to know if they were as comfortable and squishy as the new air max 90s from 2020 or were they still stiff like new retro js?
I'm down with cushlon lol. Replace all PU with cushlon.

Its a OG upper for sure, but I can see the terrible sole swap from the rear. He wants $2200 :smh:
20210203_202332.jpg
20210203_202346.jpg
Definitely a OG upper but I have seen a lot of military's OG's that seem lower then the rest of them. **** man I found one in a 11.5 on Ebay for like 1200 or 1500 i dont remember exactly but I wish I could buy and wear these. I want some OG military's so damn bad.

Still trying to cop a pair, thought these were gonna move like the Fire Red 5s and man was i wrong lol.
This post also reminded me to go back and look at my pair that is still DS and man am I glad I went through what seemed like 100s of pairs of these on Ebay before picking one. Mine look really good.

If you do get them soon take your time going through the pics and check thoroughly so you get a good pair.

Back
Top Bottom