Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Everyone loved FTL

now they hate em :rofl:
"""Everyone"""

Yeah ok lol. I vividly remember being ecstatic to see the White Cement 3s return and once I saw the FTL's my interest was Thanos'd out of existence. Literally hit with a Kamehameha and blown to dust. There probably are people bashing on them due to hindsight but there was definitely those of us who didn't care from the jump.
cell.gif

"""Everyone"""

Yeah ok lol. I vividly remember being ecstatic to see the White Cement 3s return and once I saw the FTL's my interest was Thanos'd out of existence. Literally hit with a Kamehameha and blown to dust. There probably are people bashing on them due to hindsight but there was definitely those of us who didn't care from the jump.
cell.gif

I was the same. Once I saw what they were doing I was like "Yeah, I can wait."

Also, yo! This ain't right, these old silhouettes lookin bulbous :rofl:
20220706_194142.jpg

I was the same. Once I saw what they were doing I was like "Yeah, I can wait."

Also, yo! This ain't right, these old silhouettes lookin bulbous :rofl:
20220706_194142.jpg

Y’all weird. But it is what it is. Same thing happened with the concords from 2011 compared to the most recent retro. Dudes was tricking their girl just to get a 2011 with low patent leather…..never ending story

The 5 year cycle :smh:

Y’all weird. But it is what it is. Same thing happened with the concords from 2011 compared to the most recent retro. Dudes was tricking their girl just to get a 2011 with low patent leather…..never ending story

That’s what Jordan Brand does. They dumb down the models and people are just happy to have a pair, but what they are putting out isn’t what it SHOULD be. It’s a never ending cycle.

Not weird just real lol its ok to look at things and be like "wow! What was that all about?" I used to want the Jeremy Scott Wing Adidas & Supra Skytop now I look back and I'm glad I didn't cop :rofl: its no big deal bud, just honesty. The new White Cements(yes even the reimagined) will blow a lot of previous White Cements out the water if they stick to the new formula of III's. Newer mold just looks so much better.

Not weird just real lol its ok to look at things and be like "wow! What was that all about?" I used to want the Jeremy Scott Wing Adidas & Supra Skytop now I look back and I'm glad I didn't cop :rofl: its no big deal bud, just honesty. The new White Cements(yes even the reimagined) will blow a lot of previous White Cements out the water if they stick to the new formula of III's. Newer mold just looks so much better.
who cares bro, you don't like them so you didn't buy them. I do, so I did. move along...

You trying so hard to convince me that my shoes aren't up to your standards but I couldn't care any less...so much so I'm actually wearing them right now.

So if JB releases a shoe that may not be ALL THE WAY back to original form and you like it, is that OK? Because that is every release ever in retro history.
It just depends on what you are willing to live with. There are certain things I will live with when it comes to retros and some things I will not accept (i.e. "Nike Air" on the 3,4,5,6 models is a must for OG colors).

So if JB releases a shoe that may not be ALL THE WAY back to original form and you like it, is that OK? Because that is every release ever in retro history.

Is this to me specifically? I mean that's what we been doin. Its ok to skew these old releases as they improve on the shoe, it comes with the territory because they release them again eventually. Nothin wrong with it. I just hope they don't go backwards and they put out true blues & black cements in this new mold soon. The Desert Elephants look amazing, shape wise.

No, not at all. I really just said that for ALL of us. We gripe about what we want to see ina shoe, JB goes 98.8, and we still get it. I think that applies to some degree to ALL they release.
I’m 42 years old today, And enjoying wearing new, clean kicks I had when I was growing up. I don’t have time to pull out measuring tape to compare the height of panels compared to a shoe that came out 30 years ago. I’m way too old for that. Not to mention it’s pointless. People turned this hobby into OCD

It just depends on what you are willing to live with.
And the translucent outsole of the free throw would have been something I would have been ok with. I got the 2011 version with the correct outsole but no NA. I want the NA. That used to be all that anyone cared for. Now that they have given us that back, now we want more. We ALL know they are not going to give the big drops to us correctly. There will always something different someone wont like.

And the translucent outsole of the free throw would have been something I would have been ok with. I got the 2011 version with the correct outsole but no NA. I want the NA. That used to be all that anyone cared for. Now that they have given us that back, now we want more. We ALL know they are not going to give the big drops to us correctly. There will always something different someone wont like.
Agreed. The translucent sole is not a significant change for me.

Our biggest way to protest these releases where they have completely butchered the model is to simply not buy it. We have been conditioned to think that a certain model won't see another release for 10+ years and that isn't the case any more.

Back
Top Bottom