Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Niketalk.. where changing your opinion on shoes is considered as a more egregious act than murder.

kESDD75.gif

I’m 42 years old today, And enjoying wearing new, clean kicks I had when I was growing up. I don’t have time to pull out measuring tape to compare the height of panels compared to a shoe that came out 30 years ago. I’m way too old for that. Not to mention it’s pointless. People turned this hobby into OCD

GroundedDopeyAlpinegoat-small.gif

Also, happy birthday!

A lot of the retros I have I consider bad retros but I buy them because they RESEMBLE the OGs.

2019 black cement 4s are one of these.

Hot take: I prefer the 2012's for the simple fact that they are built like tanks (midsole paint crackage aside).

The toe box on the 19's aren't only high Cliff(ord) status, but they are crease beasts (i shouldn't have to iron them to get the desired effect... 12's have a lower toe box as well from what I recall).

Should do a side by side with my 12's and 19's...

The only true upside the 19's have is the NA in the derriere (but i very seldom have a popular opinion here; i get that). heehee.

Only 1:1 retro that has been released imo has been the Shadow 10s, and people hated on those.
Actually no. The retro AJ 10 Shadow has the uppermost elastic lace band removed. Not only that, all of the elastic lace bands are looser than the og leading them to look bunched up and stick out on the retro. Even that small detail prevented me from buying them. Unfortunately…

I think the closest 1:1 retro has still been the 99 black cement.

Actually no. The retro AJ 10 Shadow has the uppermost elastic lace band removed. Not only that, all of the elastic lace bands are looser than the og leading them to look bunched up and stick out on the retro. Even that small detail prevented me from buying them. Unfortunately…

I think the closest 1:1 retro has still been the 99 black cement.

Wow…next we passing on retros because the laces are a 1/4 inch longer than the OG. This actually pretty sad.

Wow…next we passing on retros because the laces are a 1/4 inch longer than the OG. This actually pretty sad.
It’s his money papi and some of us are okay speaking with our wallets and not buying Jordan’s unless they’re exactly what we want.

I slept like a baby on the Concords everyone loves cause they have a 45 and I prefer the 23. Hope that one keeps you up at night

It’s his money papi and some of us are okay speaking with our wallets and not buying Jordan’s unless they’re exactly what we want.

I slept like a baby on the Concords everyone loves cause they have a 45 and I prefer the 23. Hope that one keeps you up at night

We talking about a extra elastic band that does nothing when you lace the shoes up…not a number as important as 23. But I understand NT a little more everyday 😂

We talking about a extra elastic band that does nothing when you lace the shoes up…not a number as important as 23. But I understand NT a little more everyday 😂
What I was talking about was that the shadow 10 is not a 1:1 retro, because its not. It’s noticeable that instead of addressing my 1:1 comment, your response is to use a strawman argument about functionality and a number, which I never mentioned. Ok then. I’ll play. The extra elastic laceband keeps my foot locked in the shoe better. Not only that, if the bands are loose, they have lost what lockdown functionality they originally had. Also, along with lost functionality, they lose the smoothness of silhouette of the shoe. I have both the originals so I know.

Last edited:
What I was talking about was that the shadow 10 is not a 1:1 retro, because its not. It’s noticeable that instead of addressing my 1:1 comment, your response is to use a strawman argument about functionality and a number, which I never mentioned. Ok then. I’ll play. The extra elastic laceband keeps my foot locked in the shoe better. Not only that, if the bands are loose, they have lost what lockdown functionality they originally had. Also, along with lost functionality, they lose the smoothness of silhouette of the shoe. I have both the originals so I know.

:stoneface:

Don't even bother...he's an idiot.

Hot take: I prefer the 2012's for the simple fact that they are built like tanks (midsole paint crackage aside).

The toe box on the 19's aren't only high Cliff(ord) status, but they are crease beasts (i shouldn't have to iron them to get the desired effect... 12's have a lower toe box as well from what I recall).

Should do a side by side with my 12's and 19's...

The only true upside the 19's have is the NA in the derriere (but i very seldom have a popular opinion here; i get that). heehee.

I did one with my 2011 TBs and the Black Cements.

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

Back
Top Bottom